Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

3.5

on 10/28/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder really is fantastic! I can understand how those with somewhat oily skintypes might not like it, because it doesn't have ridiculous oil-control properties unlike, say, Make Up Forever's Matte powder. However, for my sensitive, combination skin, this powder can do no wrong. It evens out my complexion beautifully and gives such a beautiful, luminous finish - not overly matte but definitely not what one would call dewy. I never quite understood what people meant when they said 'like your own skin, but better' but that thought actually occurred to me after putting on this powder. Though expensive, you really do get a generous amount of powder. No breakouts as yet, will update as I've worn it for a couple weeks.
UPDATE: While this doesn't break me out per se, it actually makes me oily. I have to blot way more than I would without it. Really disappointing because I love the way it looks.

on 4/4/2003 4:21:00 AM

This powder is second only to Bobbi Brown's face powder in my book. This is a yellow based powder, but not as yellow as Bobbi's yellow face powder, or T. LeClerc's Banane. It has a lovely texture and is very finely milled. The finish it provides is very nice! Matte, but not terribly so. It does not sink into pores or fine lines and does a nice job of controlling shine on my combo skin. In fact, it does too nicely of a job controlling oil! I find it just a tad drying. The best way I can describe this is that it's somewhere in between Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish powder and Face powder. So, if you found that the Sheer Finish was to drying, but the face powder didn't control oil well enough, this powder just might be the ticket! Good stuff. continued >>