Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.8

amazing stuff. Looks very natural

on 5/5/2004 12:37:00 PM

I'll probably never buy another kind of loose powder again. I love this stuff! I'm pale as a ghost, but the Ivory looks better on me than the Translucent. I even use the Ivory when my face is darker when I have self-tanner on and it looks great. I love how this makes my face look, feel, helps with oilyness - just overall the best powder I've ever used!

on 12/30/2003 9:41:00 PM

Fabulous, fabulous powder! I wore the LM Translucent shade for a while then realized it was too light for my NW20 skin, especially when worn over bare skin or to dust over sunscreen, so I tried the Ivory shade, and its perfect.
Ivory is yellow-based, which I prefer, and is smack between the LM Translucent and the BB Pale Yellow shades. The texture and feel of this powder are out of this world. Pricey but definitely worth it.

on 12/17/2003 8:03:00 PM

This powder breaks my heart. It does have the ultra smooth finish that others rave about and makes your face feel like silk. It's one of those things where you apply it and then can't stop touching your face to feel how smooth and silky it is (not a good thing I know). For me the heartbreaker is that it caused very dry rash-like patches on my face as well as a minor breakout of cystic acne. I'm sure it must be the cornstarch in it. Rats. If your skin can handle the cornstarch this is a lovely powder. Unless you are very fair I would probably go with the ivory shade, though. The translucent shade in my opinion can make you look quite pasty and ghost-like.

on 5/22/2003 5:25:00 PM

My holy grail of loose powders. This feels like no other powder: silky, light, and never cakey. It's also a perfect colour match for me, so I prefer it to the translucent.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is just the right colour for my skin and doesnt look like you are wearing powder at all. I apply with a big fluffy brush and it keeps my face matte all day, i dont have to blot at all (my face is relatively dry in the winter though fyi)
The pot it comes in is sturdy and the sifter is good and i think it is an ok price considering its laura mercier and its a good product. I will definitely repurchase as and when as it makes my face look very silky and blemish-free