Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

on 1/21/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this loose powder. I have combo/oily skin that gets shiny in my t-zone. I apply this powder after I put on foundation, and it perfects my makeup look. Laura Mercier says you shouldn't notice powder on your face--just an absence of shine--and that's what this does. I have tried every loose powder, practially--Clinique, Chanel, L'Oreal among others--and this one beats them all. This is the only loose powder I have ever repurchased, and I will do so again and again. HG found!

on 4/4/2003 4:21:00 AM

This powder is second only to Bobbi Brown's face powder in my book. This is a yellow based powder, but not as yellow as Bobbi's yellow face powder, or T. LeClerc's Banane. It has a lovely texture and is very finely milled. The finish it provides is very nice! Matte, but not terribly so. It does not sink into pores or fine lines and does a nice job of controlling shine on my combo skin. In fact, it does too nicely of a job controlling oil! I find it just a tad drying. The best way I can describe this is that it's somewhere in between Bobbi Brown's Sheer Finish powder and Face powder. So, if you found that the Sheer Finish was to drying, but the face powder didn't control oil well enough, this powder just might be the ticket! Good stuff. continued >>