Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder has the slightest sheen. It does not prevent my makeup from smudging under my eyes; however, it does a beautiful job of setting concealer. It does not budge all day. It's expensive, but the product has lasted almost 1 year.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

More expensive in Thailand than in the US at 1,590 Baht (which is about $53). It does what it's supposed to do but after you apply it you do look powdery for a little while. I still use this but am looking for something better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love love this! i use this over my laura mercier mineral foundation or when i wear liquid foundation. this keeps my face so fresh and matte. very easy to fix my makeup if i have some shine. it does give me *some* shine during the summer but it happens in a way i glow!

i have always used the translucent one but one time it was sold out! so i just replaced with ivory - no difference really and i love both!

on 12/12/2009 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is finely milled, not too drying on the skin, and doesn't look powdery. It gives the skin a nice finish. The packaging is nice as well. However, it is too yellow. It should be called pale yellow, not ivory. I am NC15-20 and this powder made my face look too yellow.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very finely milled French Talc, velvety texture, but since I skip foundation & use only sunblock & concealer underneath, I need more coverage. If you're gonna use this just as a setting powder under foundation, go for it. But when used alone, it's absolutely the same as a colored ordinary Johnson's talcum baby powder! So, why pay the high price for the same effect? Love the yellow color, as I'm a fair asian.

on 6/13/2008 3:03:00 AM

After using Becca's Fine Loose Finishing powder in Sesame, everything else just seems mediocre in comparison. This Laura Mercier powder is just ok to me...it seems a bit chalky and heavy compared to Becca. Texture and color are decent, although I think the color is a little too yellow for fair complexions (and I'm half Asian, so my skin is pretty yellow based). The staying power is decent, but I expect to touch up every 4 hours or so when using a loose powder. I think this is a good value for the money because you get a lot, but you really have to try Becca if you haven't already! It's worth the price in my opinion.

i can say that it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. bought this the first time i tried this. i must admit, i checked the reviews here from mua but to see is to believe. im using this on top of my LM's tinted moisturizer and now i understand what Laura Mercier means when she said "flawless face". i love how these two LM products make me feel beautiful and special. i cannot express how much i love LM! i think i like it better than nars now.

on 10/28/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder really is fantastic! I can understand how those with somewhat oily skintypes might not like it, because it doesn't have ridiculous oil-control properties unlike, say, Make Up Forever's Matte powder. However, for my sensitive, combination skin, this powder can do no wrong. It evens out my complexion beautifully and gives such a beautiful, luminous finish - not overly matte but definitely not what one would call dewy. I never quite understood what people meant when they said 'like your own skin, but better' but that thought actually occurred to me after putting on this powder. Though expensive, you really do get a generous amount of powder. No breakouts as yet, will update as I've worn it for a couple weeks.
UPDATE: While this doesn't break me out per se, it actually makes me oily. I have to blot way more than I would without it. Really disappointing because I love the way it looks.

on 8/17/2007 8:31:00 AM

Ivory is the perfect shade for setting makeup without any added color. LM's powder is so finely milled and it applies very sheer. You get a nice amount in the package. For the record, Sephora only carries Translucent, so I picked that up and I like it just as much. I barely noticed a difference.

on 1/21/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this loose powder. I have combo/oily skin that gets shiny in my t-zone. I apply this powder after I put on foundation, and it perfects my makeup look. Laura Mercier says you shouldn't notice powder on your face--just an absence of shine--and that's what this does. I have tried every loose powder, practially--Clinique, Chanel, L'Oreal among others--and this one beats them all. This is the only loose powder I have ever repurchased, and I will do so again and again. HG found!