Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

on 10/28/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder really is fantastic! I can understand how those with somewhat oily skintypes might not like it, because it doesn't have ridiculous oil-control properties unlike, say, Make Up Forever's Matte powder. However, for my sensitive, combination skin, this powder can do no wrong. It evens out my complexion beautifully and gives such a beautiful, luminous finish - not overly matte but definitely not what one would call dewy. I never quite understood what people meant when they said 'like your own skin, but better' but that thought actually occurred to me after putting on this powder. Though expensive, you really do get a generous amount of powder. No breakouts as yet, will update as I've worn it for a couple weeks.
UPDATE: While this doesn't break me out per se, it actually makes me oily. I have to blot way more than I would without it. Really disappointing because I love the way it looks.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is just the right colour for my skin and doesnt look like you are wearing powder at all. I apply with a big fluffy brush and it keeps my face matte all day, i dont have to blot at all (my face is relatively dry in the winter though fyi)
The pot it comes in is sturdy and the sifter is good and i think it is an ok price considering its laura mercier and its a good product. I will definitely repurchase as and when as it makes my face look very silky and blemish-free