Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love love this! i use this over my laura mercier mineral foundation or when i wear liquid foundation. this keeps my face so fresh and matte. very easy to fix my makeup if i have some shine. it does give me *some* shine during the summer but it happens in a way i glow!

i have always used the translucent one but one time it was sold out! so i just replaced with ivory - no difference really and i love both!

on 6/13/2008 3:03:00 AM

After using Becca's Fine Loose Finishing powder in Sesame, everything else just seems mediocre in comparison. This Laura Mercier powder is just ok to me...it seems a bit chalky and heavy compared to Becca. Texture and color are decent, although I think the color is a little too yellow for fair complexions (and I'm half Asian, so my skin is pretty yellow based). The staying power is decent, but I expect to touch up every 4 hours or so when using a loose powder. I think this is a good value for the money because you get a lot, but you really have to try Becca if you haven't already! It's worth the price in my opinion.

on 1/21/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this loose powder. I have combo/oily skin that gets shiny in my t-zone. I apply this powder after I put on foundation, and it perfects my makeup look. Laura Mercier says you shouldn't notice powder on your face--just an absence of shine--and that's what this does. I have tried every loose powder, practially--Clinique, Chanel, L'Oreal among others--and this one beats them all. This is the only loose powder I have ever repurchased, and I will do so again and again. HG found!

on 8/29/2002 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those items I haven't used in a while and have rediscovered. It is beautiful and so lightweight. I used to use Clinique which seemed heavy to me and a little irritating. I put the LM on thjs morning over a L'oreal foundation that I am test driving (trying to see if I can get away with a less expensive foundation) and it instantly made my skin look like silk.