Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very finely milled French Talc, velvety texture, but since I skip foundation & use only sunblock & concealer underneath, I need more coverage. If you're gonna use this just as a setting powder under foundation, go for it. But when used alone, it's absolutely the same as a colored ordinary Johnson's talcum baby powder! So, why pay the high price for the same effect? Love the yellow color, as I'm a fair asian.

on 6/13/2008 3:03:00 AM

After using Becca's Fine Loose Finishing powder in Sesame, everything else just seems mediocre in comparison. This Laura Mercier powder is just ok to me...it seems a bit chalky and heavy compared to Becca. Texture and color are decent, although I think the color is a little too yellow for fair complexions (and I'm half Asian, so my skin is pretty yellow based). The staying power is decent, but I expect to touch up every 4 hours or so when using a loose powder. I think this is a good value for the money because you get a lot, but you really have to try Becca if you haven't already! It's worth the price in my opinion.

on 10/28/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder really is fantastic! I can understand how those with somewhat oily skintypes might not like it, because it doesn't have ridiculous oil-control properties unlike, say, Make Up Forever's Matte powder. However, for my sensitive, combination skin, this powder can do no wrong. It evens out my complexion beautifully and gives such a beautiful, luminous finish - not overly matte but definitely not what one would call dewy. I never quite understood what people meant when they said 'like your own skin, but better' but that thought actually occurred to me after putting on this powder. Though expensive, you really do get a generous amount of powder. No breakouts as yet, will update as I've worn it for a couple weeks.
UPDATE: While this doesn't break me out per se, it actually makes me oily. I have to blot way more than I would without it. Really disappointing because I love the way it looks.

on 4/8/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Despite the overall positive reviews, I don't find it especially praiseworthy. It's finely milled alright, but not as well as Covermark or Mikimoto (best powder IMP, got it in Japan). Though supposedly this yellowish powder should be perfect for my Asian complexion, it just looked so yellow on me and a bit too much "made-up" for the natural look I prefer. Perhaps it just doesn't work for PPP like me. That said, the packaging is pretty good; only a shake or two and you can get lots of powder out, (Covermark package sucks in this; I feel like working out my arms every morning trying to get some powder). I probably wouldn't perchase again; it's just not so worth it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe i was expecting too much from the great reviews, but i didn't really care for this product that much. It is very soft and finely milled but it looked kind of cakey on my skin and it just felt weird sitting on it. I really liked the color. It is very light and yellow based which is great for counteracting redness, but it just wasn't HG material in my opinion. Definatly not a bad product though...

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder has the slightest sheen. It does not prevent my makeup from smudging under my eyes; however, it does a beautiful job of setting concealer. It does not budge all day. It's expensive, but the product has lasted almost 1 year.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

More expensive in Thailand than in the US at 1,590 Baht (which is about $53). It does what it's supposed to do but after you apply it you do look powdery for a little while. I still use this but am looking for something better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i usually dont like laura mercier products due to the fact of how all their products never truly work on me or it constantly comes dripping off my face but i decided to give this powder a try since the Sephora associate really convinced me that it is a good product. She was definitely correct! i use this product on hot summer days and its so light weight like its not even there and keeps everything intact! plus it makes my face look super sleek and smooth. i have asain skin so looking like i have perfect skin is always the image to go for and this product does wonders !

on 12/12/2009 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is finely milled, not too drying on the skin, and doesn't look powdery. It gives the skin a nice finish. The packaging is nice as well. However, it is too yellow. It should be called pale yellow, not ivory. I am NC15-20 and this powder made my face look too yellow.

on 7/23/2007 9:28:00 PM

I switched over to using LM Loose Powder in Ivory, after finishing off Corsilk Loose Powder in Translucent (no color). The Cornsilk was awful, very coarse. And comparitively, the LM Loose Powder is finely milled (as advertised on the web), and sets my makeup fine. It goes on realy smooth and soft. I like it. Recommend buying this in Ivory.. However, not sure how the Translucent will fare, as I have yet to try it.