Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

on 1/21/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this loose powder. I have combo/oily skin that gets shiny in my t-zone. I apply this powder after I put on foundation, and it perfects my makeup look. Laura Mercier says you shouldn't notice powder on your face--just an absence of shine--and that's what this does. I have tried every loose powder, practially--Clinique, Chanel, L'Oreal among others--and this one beats them all. This is the only loose powder I have ever repurchased, and I will do so again and again. HG found!

on 10/8/2008 11:33:00 AM

Laura Mercier Ivory Loose Setting Powder is one of my favourite Loose powder.It is very finely-milled,blends in and sets my foundation very well with good oil-controlling properties without me having to blot or touch up for the whole day at all.This powder does not oxidize on me too! The colour of this loose powder is pale yellowish-beige, which is suitable for PPPs with yellow-based skintone looking for more coverage.In terms of quality wise,this powder is comparable with Becca Sesame and NARS Snow.Among the 3, LM has the best oil-control properties. However, my favourite is NARS Snow in terms of texture (finest among the 3) and colour-wise(best colour for ppp).In terms of packaging,I do like the the design but gave it a rating of 4 only as I feel that an application puff should be included in, which most brands of LP do.

on 6/13/2008 3:03:00 AM

After using Becca's Fine Loose Finishing powder in Sesame, everything else just seems mediocre in comparison. This Laura Mercier powder is just ok to me...it seems a bit chalky and heavy compared to Becca. Texture and color are decent, although I think the color is a little too yellow for fair complexions (and I'm half Asian, so my skin is pretty yellow based). The staying power is decent, but I expect to touch up every 4 hours or so when using a loose powder. I think this is a good value for the money because you get a lot, but you really have to try Becca if you haven't already! It's worth the price in my opinion.

on 3/23/2004 2:44:00 PM

Ingredients: talc, cornstarch, silica, polyethylene, isopropyl myristate, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, manganese violet, carmine.

Now for the good part - this powder rocks! I was a faithful devotee of LM's translucent powder, but the little extra coverage this gives is worth it. Plus, she had discontinued her pressed powder in ivory. Also, for no foundation days, this doubles as a powder to use with concealer only. And the tub is huge; it will last forever.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i usually dont like laura mercier products due to the fact of how all their products never truly work on me or it constantly comes dripping off my face but i decided to give this powder a try since the Sephora associate really convinced me that it is a good product. She was definitely correct! i use this product on hot summer days and its so light weight like its not even there and keeps everything intact! plus it makes my face look super sleek and smooth. i have asain skin so looking like i have perfect skin is always the image to go for and this product does wonders !

on 8/17/2007 8:31:00 AM

Ivory is the perfect shade for setting makeup without any added color. LM's powder is so finely milled and it applies very sheer. You get a nice amount in the package. For the record, Sephora only carries Translucent, so I picked that up and I like it just as much. I barely noticed a difference.

This is the best loose powder that I've tried. I'm NW20 in MAC, and this shade nicely neutralizes some of the pink in my skin without covering up my skin or making me look pale. It's finely milled and feels beautifully silky on my skin; once I blend it, it never looks powdery even if I reapply once or twice throughout the day. The finish is definitely as described on the websiteo- a natural looking lack of shine that's disappointing at first if you're used to using a very matte powder but after a couple days of use I prefer it. It seems to withstand my shine-prone skin as well, it lasts at least as long as MAC Blot powder does if not longer, i.e. 5-8 hours depending on the temperature. I get really nice results using a big fluffy brush to apply. It's recommended to use a puff to press it into the skin but my pores are easily congested and using a brush I haven't experienced an increase in clogged pores or breakouts. Good job Laura Mercier!

on 12/12/2009 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is finely milled, not too drying on the skin, and doesn't look powdery. It gives the skin a nice finish. The packaging is nice as well. However, it is too yellow. It should be called pale yellow, not ivory. I am NC15-20 and this powder made my face look too yellow.

I thought MUFE loose powder was the best, but I was wrong! While I still need to blot my face like 2-3 times when I was using MUFE, this time with Laura Mercier's, I don't need to blot my face AT ALL! This powder blends seamlessly into the skin and it sets my makeup well, giving a nice natural glowing look. I love it!!

on 12/18/2003 3:43:00 PM

This product provides a very nice, almost "airb-brushed" finish. Although it is weightless and not obvious (i.e. people won't look at you in the subway and think "nice powder," they'll think "nice skin"), it still manages to make your skin look very polished. My only complaint is that the coverage is very sheer and doesn't even my skin tone as well as I would like it to. Doesn't break me out at all, and I'm acne-prone.