Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

on 12/12/2009 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is finely milled, not too drying on the skin, and doesn't look powdery. It gives the skin a nice finish. The packaging is nice as well. However, it is too yellow. It should be called pale yellow, not ivory. I am NC15-20 and this powder made my face look too yellow.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very finely milled French Talc, velvety texture, but since I skip foundation & use only sunblock & concealer underneath, I need more coverage. If you're gonna use this just as a setting powder under foundation, go for it. But when used alone, it's absolutely the same as a colored ordinary Johnson's talcum baby powder! So, why pay the high price for the same effect? Love the yellow color, as I'm a fair asian.

This is the best loose powder I've ever used! I'm so impressed!
Its very finely milled, ivory colour is perfect for me but I've not tried other colours though.

For reference, I'm using MAC select loose pdr NC15, Kanebo pdr fdn OC-B, Paul & Joe loose pdr #01 or #03.

Why I say its the best loose powder was because it keeps my face shine free! I've conbination skin type and I would say most powder can only keep my face shine free but not my nose. But with this, I did not even blot my nose for 10hours until I reach home, my MU is still very fresh looking!
Its not drying at all, feels very comfortable!

The only regret is that I can't buy this in singapore. There's a shop here that sells LM but the age of their stock I'm really not confident cos their pricing is unethical hence I don't think many will buy from that shop.

The good thing is Malaysia has it! And Hongkong too LOL...
If you're thinking of getting this powder but the price puts u off, I bet this is worth your money! Get it!

on 1/21/2005 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this loose powder. I have combo/oily skin that gets shiny in my t-zone. I apply this powder after I put on foundation, and it perfects my makeup look. Laura Mercier says you shouldn't notice powder on your face--just an absence of shine--and that's what this does. I have tried every loose powder, practially--Clinique, Chanel, L'Oreal among others--and this one beats them all. This is the only loose powder I have ever repurchased, and I will do so again and again. HG found!

on 8/26/2004 10:43:00 AM

LM Loose Powder in Ivory is so finely milled and makes my face look (& feel) flawless! I use this with LM Tinted Moisturizers and any foundations. It has a yellow tone but doesn't make my complexion ashy. Even better than T Leclerc! Will definitely buy again

on 5/5/2004 12:37:00 PM

I'll probably never buy another kind of loose powder again. I love this stuff! I'm pale as a ghost, but the Ivory looks better on me than the Translucent. I even use the Ivory when my face is darker when I have self-tanner on and it looks great. I love how this makes my face look, feel, helps with oilyness - just overall the best powder I've ever used!

on 3/23/2004 2:44:00 PM

Ingredients: talc, cornstarch, silica, polyethylene, isopropyl myristate, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, ultramarines, bismuth oxychloride, manganese violet, carmine.

Now for the good part - this powder rocks! I was a faithful devotee of LM's translucent powder, but the little extra coverage this gives is worth it. Plus, she had discontinued her pressed powder in ivory. Also, for no foundation days, this doubles as a powder to use with concealer only. And the tub is huge; it will last forever.

on 12/17/2003 8:03:00 PM

This powder breaks my heart. It does have the ultra smooth finish that others rave about and makes your face feel like silk. It's one of those things where you apply it and then can't stop touching your face to feel how smooth and silky it is (not a good thing I know). For me the heartbreaker is that it caused very dry rash-like patches on my face as well as a minor breakout of cystic acne. I'm sure it must be the cornstarch in it. Rats. If your skin can handle the cornstarch this is a lovely powder. Unless you are very fair I would probably go with the ivory shade, though. The translucent shade in my opinion can make you look quite pasty and ghost-like.

on 5/22/2003 5:25:00 PM

My holy grail of loose powders. This feels like no other powder: silky, light, and never cakey. It's also a perfect colour match for me, so I prefer it to the translucent.

on 5/19/2003 6:48:00 PM

This is one of my all time fav loose powders. I am about to repurchase this one for the third time. I like it best in the spring/summer, as I wear it over bare skin. It does a great job of slightly evening out skin tone and mattifying my oily t-zone. Doesn't sink into pores or fine lines either. The MA who helped me the first time I purchased this told me that for use on bare skin, the colored powders were better than the translucent, though I know it is also great. The LM loose powders are rivaled only by Chantecaille's loose powder in my opinion, though I like that one best in the winter since it is not as mattifying.