Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Filtered by age: 25-29
Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.5

on 10/23/2008 12:11:00 PM

This powder is a must! It gives your skin an "airbrushed" look. I just love it. It is a bit pricey, but well worth it.

on 6/13/2008 3:03:00 AM

After using Becca's Fine Loose Finishing powder in Sesame, everything else just seems mediocre in comparison. This Laura Mercier powder is just ok to me...it seems a bit chalky and heavy compared to Becca. Texture and color are decent, although I think the color is a little too yellow for fair complexions (and I'm half Asian, so my skin is pretty yellow based). The staying power is decent, but I expect to touch up every 4 hours or so when using a loose powder. I think this is a good value for the money because you get a lot, but you really have to try Becca if you haven't already! It's worth the price in my opinion.

i can say that it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. bought this the first time i tried this. i must admit, i checked the reviews here from mua but to see is to believe. im using this on top of my LM's tinted moisturizer and now i understand what Laura Mercier means when she said "flawless face". i love how these two LM products make me feel beautiful and special. i cannot express how much i love LM! i think i like it better than nars now.

on 4/8/2006 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Despite the overall positive reviews, I don't find it especially praiseworthy. It's finely milled alright, but not as well as Covermark or Mikimoto (best powder IMP, got it in Japan). Though supposedly this yellowish powder should be perfect for my Asian complexion, it just looked so yellow on me and a bit too much "made-up" for the natural look I prefer. Perhaps it just doesn't work for PPP like me. That said, the packaging is pretty good; only a shake or two and you can get lots of powder out, (Covermark package sucks in this; I feel like working out my arms every morning trying to get some powder). I probably wouldn't perchase again; it's just not so worth it.

on 2/1/2005 9:59:00 AM

This is my HG powder. I've been using this for over 5 years now. I love it so much I make sure I always have plenty stocked up on it. I've tried so many powders to see if there was anything better but I always come back to this.

on 7/1/2004 8:36:00 PM

I love this powder. It's expensive but worth the money. Sets the foundation, and lasts the whole day.

on 1/16/2004 11:48:00 PM

I currently use LM translucide. Since my pregnancy my skin tone turns really pale and the translucide just makes my face so pasty and sometimes grayish. So, I give the Ivory a go and surprise2, it warm up my skin tone back to normal although for some reason it produces more oil on my T-zone. Moreover, I like this one better than the Bobbi Brown's Sheer Loose. I tried both on each side of my face and I could SEE that LM's loose sets better on the skin. It is like wearing nothing; on the other hand, BB's loose stay much longer and turn out OK after it blends with my skin natural oil. Anyhow, I love both brands...I just prefer LM's to set foundation and have instant effect that I could really see and I purchased Pale Yellow of BB in the compact. PUURRRFEEECTT..

on 8/29/2002 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those items I haven't used in a while and have rediscovered. It is beautiful and so lightweight. I used to use Clinique which seemed heavy to me and a little irritating. I put the LM on thjs morning over a L'oreal foundation that I am test driving (trying to see if I can get away with a less expensive foundation) and it instantly made my skin look like silk.