Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

Filtered by age: 19-24
Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Loose Powder in Ivory

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i love love this! i use this over my laura mercier mineral foundation or when i wear liquid foundation. this keeps my face so fresh and matte. very easy to fix my makeup if i have some shine. it does give me *some* shine during the summer but it happens in a way i glow!

i have always used the translucent one but one time it was sold out! so i just replaced with ivory - no difference really and i love both!

amazing stuff. Looks very natural

on 10/8/2008 11:33:00 AM

Laura Mercier Ivory Loose Setting Powder is one of my favourite Loose powder.It is very finely-milled,blends in and sets my foundation very well with good oil-controlling properties without me having to blot or touch up for the whole day at all.This powder does not oxidize on me too! The colour of this loose powder is pale yellowish-beige, which is suitable for PPPs with yellow-based skintone looking for more coverage.In terms of quality wise,this powder is comparable with Becca Sesame and NARS Snow.Among the 3, LM has the best oil-control properties. However, my favourite is NARS Snow in terms of texture (finest among the 3) and colour-wise(best colour for ppp).In terms of packaging,I do like the the design but gave it a rating of 4 only as I feel that an application puff should be included in, which most brands of LP do.

I thought MUFE loose powder was the best, but I was wrong! While I still need to blot my face like 2-3 times when I was using MUFE, this time with Laura Mercier's, I don't need to blot my face AT ALL! This powder blends seamlessly into the skin and it sets my makeup well, giving a nice natural glowing look. I love it!!

on 10/28/2007 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder really is fantastic! I can understand how those with somewhat oily skintypes might not like it, because it doesn't have ridiculous oil-control properties unlike, say, Make Up Forever's Matte powder. However, for my sensitive, combination skin, this powder can do no wrong. It evens out my complexion beautifully and gives such a beautiful, luminous finish - not overly matte but definitely not what one would call dewy. I never quite understood what people meant when they said 'like your own skin, but better' but that thought actually occurred to me after putting on this powder. Though expensive, you really do get a generous amount of powder. No breakouts as yet, will update as I've worn it for a couple weeks.
UPDATE: While this doesn't break me out per se, it actually makes me oily. I have to blot way more than I would without it. Really disappointing because I love the way it looks.

This is the best loose powder that I've tried. I'm NW20 in MAC, and this shade nicely neutralizes some of the pink in my skin without covering up my skin or making me look pale. It's finely milled and feels beautifully silky on my skin; once I blend it, it never looks powdery even if I reapply once or twice throughout the day. The finish is definitely as described on the websiteo- a natural looking lack of shine that's disappointing at first if you're used to using a very matte powder but after a couple days of use I prefer it. It seems to withstand my shine-prone skin as well, it lasts at least as long as MAC Blot powder does if not longer, i.e. 5-8 hours depending on the temperature. I get really nice results using a big fluffy brush to apply. It's recommended to use a puff to press it into the skin but my pores are easily congested and using a brush I haven't experienced an increase in clogged pores or breakouts. Good job Laura Mercier!

on 5/27/2006 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i have tried the t. leclerc loose powder in banane and crem de la mer powder and i like this one the best. the t. leclerc powder dried out my skin and it also did not set well on my skin. i have really oily skin and the laura mercier powder is so light and soft. it sets perfectly on my skin and the color is great because i have pale skin. it lasts all day and it helps to control my oil. the price is cheap with how nice the product is. i highly recommend it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe i was expecting too much from the great reviews, but i didn't really care for this product that much. It is very soft and finely milled but it looked kind of cakey on my skin and it just felt weird sitting on it. I really liked the color. It is very light and yellow based which is great for counteracting redness, but it just wasn't HG material in my opinion. Definatly not a bad product though...

on 12/18/2003 3:43:00 PM

This product provides a very nice, almost "airb-brushed" finish. Although it is weightless and not obvious (i.e. people won't look at you in the subway and think "nice powder," they'll think "nice skin"), it still manages to make your skin look very polished. My only complaint is that the coverage is very sheer and doesn't even my skin tone as well as I would like it to. Doesn't break me out at all, and I'm acne-prone.