Dove Original Clean Invisible Solid Antiperspirant & Deodorant

Dove Original Clean Invisible Solid Antiperspirant & Deodorant

3.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is one of those products that mystifies me; it seems like everyone in the world plus their mother loves this deodorant except for me. That's so strange, because usually I don't go against the grain with such a popular product.

I don't really sweat that much, and yet Dove doesn't really work for me. I notice that it pretty much stops working after a few hours, and we all know how utterly horrifying that can be if you aren't expecting it. :O Maybe I just bought an expired one or something, who knows.

I've had much better luck using Publix store brand deodorant than I did with this one. What's odd is that this is the very first time a deodorant has failed me, and it's especially surprising that it's Dove, which is one of the most trusted drugstore brands overall.

Oh well, I guess it's back to Secret Outlast.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

this was good, but not great. it doesn't help to keep one from sweating under their arms, so don't expect that. if it's hot or you're sweating a lot, throw it in your bag to reapply it from time to time. the smell is pleasant and faint. does a good job of making you smell nice even though you're sweaty or simply just masks one's personal body odor. the only real qualm I have with this is that it does transfer to dark clothing times and that is not fun. I got a 2 pack at Wal-Mart on a discount (maybe $3-$4?) so I decided to try it out. maybe I ought to look into a clear deodorant, though. this lasted me a while, about a year! never had packaging issues, it always swiveled fine and the cap closes tightly and doesn't pop off in my bag or luggage.

To Read all 177 Reviews, Login or Join

LOVE IT...WORKS...SMELLS GREAT!!
Been using it for over 10 years, I do try different brands every now and then, but ALWAYS come back to Dove.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

The best deodorant all around. It does its job of keeping odor away but it's also not too difficult to wash off which is a problem I have with a lot of anti-perspirants.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic! I've been using this for about 8 years now and I don't think I'll ever switch! I get migraines with strong scents and this one is just perfect. Highly recommended.

on 10/29/2014 8:50:00 PM

I am not a heavy armpit sweater so this deodorant is plenty for me. It is my favorite scent ever and never irritates my skin. The only thing that is a negative for me is that its super cakey on black shirts and dresses. I would not recommend this for someone who sweats a lot but its awesome for people who sweat mostly on their face and feet like me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This deodorant has a nice smell, it doesn't clump but it does leave very obvious white marks on clothing if you aren't careful and for that reason I have decided to start using another one. Not a bad product though, might repurchase in the future.

on 10/5/2014 1:05:00 AM

I don't normally write deodorant reviews, but I needed to write about this one.

I have never had a problem with deodorants before using this. I don't get particularly sweaty and odor isn't usually a issue. I will apply this right after a shower and 30-45 minutes later, my underarms smell horrible, like I've been sweating for hours and haven't bathed in days. It's very, very embarrassing. I think this deodorant reacts badly with my body chemistry, causing the odor. Like I said, I've never had odor before using this deodorant. If I skip using this, my underarms smell much better. It's very puzzling.

I've spent so much money on deodorants it's unreal! I've used natural ones (they never work), and other brands. Usually I've been left with stinky and/or itchy armpits and those painful bumps thanks to the irritation caused. Huge surprise that the cheapest, most basic Dove variety would work perfectly. No irritation, no odor, no white streaks on clothing. While I would honestly prefer to use a natural brand due to health concerns about deodorant in general, this stick works and until something natural that actually works comes along, I will continue to use it.

I like the initial smell of this deodorant it's very fresh and unique, but it is stronger than most scented deodorants, too strong. The texture is very oily and it clumps up easily. It doesn't protect very well against wetness but it does a pretty good job protecting against odour. Overall I didn't really like it and it's below average.