Ulta Nail Polish

Nail Polish

3.5

on 8/30/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Just like cactus2342 - I bought the color "Chic Peek" online - and it's a very old color in the ULTA nail salon glitter line. I saw it on a YouTube video and hunted the color down on ebay. It's one of my go-to darker nailpolishes because it's not TOO dark?

Even though the formula is old, the bottle was brand new and the formula is smooth. This color needs 2-3 coats but I still love it. It's like a light coffee cream color. So pretty. With a top coat - it sets and is good to go. I never rate polishes on wear/chip because I am super rough with my hands and most polishes chip for me after a day and half.

Have this in fairy dust....sheer pealish taupe color. Looks good with jazz hands but wears off quickly...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is for the color "Chic Peek" which is a sheer brown with silver microglitter. The formula is a bit thick, and I have to wait longer than usual between coats. But it's a really nice color and I look forward to using up the bottle. Use 3-4 coats to get the bottle color.

This review is for the salon formula nail lacquer line. I bought a few because it was on sale for $2. Don't like the brush. Applies somewhat streaky. Not opaque (especially the yellow one in the color: Sun-Sational). Some of the lighter colors like the yellow and baby pink takes about 3 coats. I don't mind the 3 coats but it chipped on me within a day. I don't have that problem with most polishes, so it's not my top coat. I will not repurchase. I feel like it is a waste of time to apply these polishes, if i have to change it in 3-4 days. I usually like to wear a polish for at least 7 days before changing it. Changing nail polish every 3-4 days can be damaging to the nails.

on 3/20/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Some background...I can't wear nail polish. Or I can, but my nails break super fast with polish. I also work stocking and volunteer with animals and clean a lot a home, so I never have polish that lasts very long anyway. Generally I just do my toes or especially my kids nails. I saw the color in Indigo-go Girl, and though it's all glittery, it is pretty and I knew the kids would love it. (I love it too). But since I really can't wear polish I don't want to spend a lot of money on mine or the kids polish. So I got this while there was a $2 sale also. And I use the store coupons so it's even less. I picked up Lilac-ing You and Tutu Cute as well.

I tried the Lilac first, and I did find it was a little streaky and a little thick on applicaion even though it seems watery in the bottle. It could be because I mixed a little of another nail polish color in the bottle to make it less pink, or maybe because it's a lighter color. But it seemed to dry ok, more smooth and even and it even was pretty shiny. It only took two coats. I put the glitter on top of one nail and it looks great. I don't expect it to last since no polish does on me, so for that I think under $2 is a good deal. I see pretty nail polishes that are $10 and up and I get tempted but I definitely should stick to things like this.

I don't think I'd pay the full $6 for it. Maybe just because it's not high on my list of wants, but I also think it's about Sally Hanson quality, but it costs more normally.

I recently picked up Bam-blue-zled and Vintage Violet as well. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased about 5 or 6 of the Ulta brand "Salon Formula Nail Laquer". I've had them for about five years now and have used most of them up/had them dry out and threw them away except for one. They lasted me for about 3 years before they dried up. I still used them up until a year ago before finally, and sadly, throwing them out. There was one that I hardly ever used and it didn't dry up at all yet, so I still have it and use it. All in all these last a long time.

I have other brands such as Nicole by OPI, OPI, Essie, and Lechat. I can compare them. The Ulta one's staying power surpasses OPI and Essie and is tied with Lechat. The Nicole lasts a bit longer. The color payoff of the Ulta nail polish is the same as Nicole, OPI, and Essie. The Lechat is worse, it takes approximately 3 coats for the perfect density of color so you can't see your nails underneath. All the others take approximately 2 coats. The price of the Ulta nail polish is the best of all of them. I got all my Ulta nail polishes during a sale where they were $2 each. I also used a $3.50 off of $10 coupon and got them even cheaper. I would definitely repurchase them. They are salon quality at a better price.

As a side note, they almost always look twice as good with a clear coat of nail polish over them. Otherwise the appear to be more matte and dull looking.

on 11/10/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Color: Devious. It's a dark purple. Looks great. Covers in one coat. However it chips like the devil. I tried various brands of top/base coats that I have in my stash and it made no difference. Really a shame because the color is terrific.

on 4/20/2013 12:50:00 AM

I got this in "Fuschiamania" for free with my rewards points. I wasn't expecting much, but this is a really good polish. The first coat was a little streaky but the second was fine. It has good wear time, and I love the bottle, it's cute lol. The color looks red on the web site for some reason, but it's a creamy fuschia in reality.

on 9/6/2012 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I bought eye popping poppy and I must say it is a beautiful color . It's like an orange pink red, doesn't pull too much of any of the colors, just a beautiful mix. But the polish is way too thin. I need about 4 coats to just get opacity from the polish. i do love the color, but it makes me hesitant to try other ulta colors, I'll stick with my trusted revlon and Essie nail polishes from now on

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Every polish I buy from Ulta is amazing! The color is lush and creamy, the polish spreads well, it lasts a long time. Bonus: the prices are great! Ulta has sales all the time 2 for $5 or 3 for $6 on their products which are mix and match. Why buy polish thats more expensive at the drugstore? Also you can try the polish at Ulta to see if it works for you. Def recommond!

Popular Polishes