Avon Glazewear (all)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Avon Glazewear (all)
Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love a good lip gloss....what I don't like is sticky goopy ones that lack colour or shine....also I hate those glosses with glitter in them....I'm 34 so bit old for tinkabell lips!
Tried a few lip glosses. ...not found one I loved...til now.
avon ultimate glazewear lip gloss. ...amazing....full of colour...smooth...non sticky and a glass shine ....and they last a while too unless your eating or drinking of course. ..but what lip gloss does last through a meal and wine.
I got pure poppy and pink watermelon....the watermelon is my favourite. ...a nice pinky colour thats not too bright for someone my age.
Doesn't dry out your lips either....and at a great price you can't go wrong with an avon lip glaze....
I got two of ebay for around £2.00 each....so very pleased....I'll be buying them in all shades I like because they're great.....
10/10.....perfect!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

These are by far the best lip glosses out there, not only are they smooth on the lips the lasting power is pretty good for a lip gloss, the colors are pigmented, and the shimmery ones are not overly shimmery. I think this beats all chanel, YSL, mac etc lip glosses, and many many other higher end and drugstore lip glosses I've tried. The price is amazing too. I know I sound like I'm exaggerating here but I really feel these are really good. Others have even stated that chanel and Mac and other highend lipglosses are all the same the difference is in the price. Because of the hype I've tried some and I wasnt blown away, cuz I felt it was similar to drugstore.
When I was told about these I was skeptical because I've tried so many and none have been comfortable on my lips, they were either too sticky, or too slippery like vaseline. But this is perfect, they arent sticky at all, and they arent so thin either. The packageing is like all other lipglosses. The quality is nice, I would definitly buy again, although it would take me a while to get through the stash I have right now. Also the darker colors could be worn on its own even. I generally wear all the colors on their own as the pigmentation for me is just right.
For those of you who want color and want to be able to wear it on its own and still have the pigmentation of a lipstick get the intense ones, they are truly amazing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I really wish Avon would lose the wand and get a blush applicator for this, but overall this is good lipgloss.

I have owned quite a few of these since Avon reps have always been around. I usually buy them on sale or when they accompany a 'makeup set'.

I have owned clear, Brown Sugar, Intense Plum, Island Glow.... I will try others.

THEY ARE $$$$$$$$2.49 RIGHT NOW. Lowest Price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

EDIT:
Glazewear has been reformulated again and is no longer available! The new replacement is called "Ultra Glazewear" and is reviewed elsewhere. The new Ultras have the preservative Tocopherol Acetate which dries out my lips severely and makes them peel. I will be snapping up these old Glazewears on ebay ect as they were super moisturising for me but will NOT purchase any more of the new Ultras.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Glazewear has been reformulated with a new color range and is now fragrance free (was light vanilla like MAC), while retaining that nice smooth, non-sticky feel we loved the formula for. Most are sheer but the Intense range shows up almost like a liquid lipstick. It comes in three formulas:

“GLAZEWEAR SHINE” is like the original Glazewear, giving lips moist juicy color with sheer to medium coverage. Shades include Darling Pink, Tickled Pink, Iced Pink (frosty light pink), Mauve Movement, Island glow (dark gold). There is also a Clear SPF15 and some rarer "Duo Reflects" (love) that I'd place in this category.

“GLAZEWEAR INTENSE” has medium to full coverage that wears like a liquid lipstick. Cherry Liqueur, Intense Plum and Crimson rate highly with good pigmentation! Other shades are Brown sugar (a shade darker than Island Glow), and Sweet Maple (pale gold-beige).

“GLAZEWEAR SPARKLE” is sheer to medium coverage with lustrous shimmer. Mocha Latte, Mirage (gold), Dazzling Diamond (sheer crystal), Apple Cinnamon, and Rave (Avon sell a matching shimmer nail enamel also called Rave).

on 12/7/2009 1:38:00 AM

I must say I bought a few of these (dazzling diamonds, rave, and classic nude) only because they were on sale; otherwise, I would have only chose one. I do like them: they are NOT sticky, which is great and the ones with sparkle are gorgeous! It is alot of sparkle tho, so if you are just looking for a hint of it, this isn't for you! The pigments are pretty good too, although I thought rave was a bit of a different color online/catalog. (I thought it would have more brown to it and it's actually more red.) The cons: the applicator is too small and also the tube wipes off too much product when removing the applicator, so I usually have to apply like 3-4 times to get the right amount of gloss. I'm not totally sure I'd buy this again, I'd say "maybe".

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have a ton of these and I always get excited when they have them on sale.Come to think of it I don't think I have ever paid $6.00 for them.I like the old formula much better than the new formula they have now.The old ones were more like a liquid lipstick and the new ones are thinner like a gloss.The ones I have are-

Dazzling Diamond-clear shimmer.I don't care for this one.It would make a good gloss over a lipstick,but the formula is so thick that it pulls the lipstick color right off.

Clear-dime a dozen clear gloss with no shimmer/sparkle.This would also make a good gloss over lipstick,but it is almost impossible to get enough product on the wand.Save your money and buy a clear gloss in a tube if that is what you want.

Rave-shimmery rose-mauve color.When it mixes with my natural pigmented lips the shimmer REALLY shows up which I'm not crazy about,but it's fine for night.

Crimson-dark coppery red color that could have less copper tones to it.All in all it is a unique color with a almost metallic finish to it.

Rosebud-brownish-pink with a hint of red.This one has a creme finish to it and the lasting power is pretty good on this one

Darling Pink-my favorite of them all!!This is a very "grown up"muted,dusty pink.One of the few pinks I can wear.The lasting power is also pretty good.

Cherry Liqueur-berry red color in a creme finish.My second favorite.Also has good staying power.

on 11/15/2009 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using glazewear since high school. And I will not stop wearing them. I like how it gives just the right amount of pigment and shine. I don't find it sticky like other l/g. I really like their shades especially the coral and pink shades.

on 11/11/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using Avon stuff before I discovered better things for my face. Actually, this Glazewear lip gloss was great once upon a time. The colors were good, not too goopy, and the fragance and taste was not bad. Apparently, Avon is fond of changing their formulas in drastic ways throughout all their products. I bought a newer formula gloss recently because I had to finally throw out my old ones, and I didn't like the new one. The color was not what I expected, a bit more garish, and the gloss was definitely goopier. It is still not bad for the price, but I've since switched to Buxom lip glosses and am staying with those.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really like this lip color. i got it in Tickled Pink and i was worried it would be a frosty shade (im not a frosty lip color kinda person) but in the tube it looked like a really pretty, creamy nude pink (similar to my actual lip color) with microfine gold shimmer in it. the shimmer wasnt big bold shimmer pieces but very subtle so it wasnt in-your-face at all. just a subtle shimmery shine. i love the color and the finish actually looked really good to my suprise. and it is SOO moisturizing! i luv that. perfect for summer with its shimmery finish. looks great with tha color blotted a bit 2!

on 6/6/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am sooo torn over this product..

What I love:

This gloss has fantastic texture- smooth and completely non sticky. It has good lasting power on me, even if I don't use a long wearing lipliner underneath. It also never dries out my lips.

Oh, I also love the sweet coconut/cake batter like scent. It's subtle and not overpowering. It makes applying this to my lips a pleasure.

The price is great too. It's normally about $8 Canadian a tube but goes on sale often for as litle as $3. Gotta love Avon and their constant discounts.

What I don't love:

The shade selection. Most of the colours are too cool toned for all, too dark, too sheer or much too light and opaque. There are no good YLBB neutral shades, wearable browns or peach/coral colours. This aspect really needs to be revamped IMO.

Here is the currest list of shades:

Clear- Just that...

Brown Sugar- Medium/dark warm, bronzey brown with shimmer

Tickled Pink- Light peachy/fleshtone pink with soft shimmer

Darling Pink- Light, pale mauvey pink with soft gold shimmer

Iced Pink- Very pale, sheer, cool toned pink with shimmer.

Chic Mauve- Medium purplish pink. ** very cool toned

Berry Cool- Medium rosey plum with soft shimmer

Rosebud- Medium/dark warm red with a orange tone. Soft shimmer.

Real Red- Medium/dark, true blue toned red. .

Raisin Glaze-Medium/dark bronzey plum with shimmer.

Chocolate Fling-medium taupe brown with gold shimmer.

Crimson-Dark plum with a hint of red.

Dazzling Diamond- Clear with silver glitter/sparkles.

Mirage- Light, sheer gold with sparkle.

Dynamo-Sheer pink with multicoloured sparkle.

Rave- Sheer pink with subtle sparkle.

If the shade selection were better this would be one of my favourite lip glosses. The quality of the product of the price is wonderful. I do recommend trying it if you can find a shade that you like.

What's in it? Here you are, straight from the Avon website.

INGREDIENTS: