Avon Glazewear (all)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Avon Glazewear (all)
Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

I’ve used this gloss on a daily basis for a few years now. It’s a good, super-affordable gloss. It is never sticky, and I like that it is scent-free and flavour-free. Also, I personally find it to be moisturizing. There are few cons though: No SPF, and the packaging looks cheap. (When it is brand new, it looks OK, but the shiny writing on the tube wears off very quickly, and the glossy black plastic top also looses its shine very quickly, and becomes all scratched.) I must say however that it has never leaked. Perhaps I should look for a different gloss with an SPF and more luxurious packaging, but when I see this on sale for three bucks, I can never resist re-ordering it! It is such a good deal.

on 8/30/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am really surprised I haven't reviewed this. Glazewear has been my go-to colored gloss for the past 3+ years. Inexpensive, decent colors, and (most importantly) doesn't leave me with the mid-day dry lip. Faves are the Sparkle colors (which tend to lean towards sheer, which fits me just fine) and the new Glazewear VitalLuscious (a bit less sheer and the colors lean towards "your lips but better"). For someone who does minimal makeup, but needs some "polish" - this stuff is awesome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this product! I hate most fragrances used in lip products, but I actually like this one,which is a nice vanilla scent. My favorite quality of this product is it's moisturizing abilities. I have even put it on a night before going to bed, just to get the moisturizing this lip gloss provides; in fact I haven't found a lip product that works as well. I have mirage, a nice gold glazed neutral, and a coral shade ( forgot the name) that I didn't really care for.Overall, it's a great conditioning gloss, that I will continue to buy for the inoffensive smell and moisturizing benefits, even if I have to stick with sheer neutral colors.

on 12/19/2011 4:03:00 AM

I have Glazewear Dazzle in Pink Radiance G042. The shade is subtle - I'd like to try it in a shade less similar to my actual lips, next time I see it on sale. I don't know if I'd pay full price for it - maybe because I'm just super cheap, lol - but because it has nice lasting power and doesn't feather and migrate much like so many glosses do on my lips, and it requires only a quick reapplication every few hours, I like it well enough to wear somewhat often.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

EDIT:
Glazewear has been reformulated again and is no longer available! The new replacement is called "Ultra Glazewear" and is reviewed elsewhere. The new Ultras have the preservative Tocopherol Acetate which dries out my lips severely and makes them peel. I will be snapping up these old Glazewears on ebay ect as they were super moisturising for me but will NOT purchase any more of the new Ultras.

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Glazewear has been reformulated with a new color range and is now fragrance free (was light vanilla like MAC), while retaining that nice smooth, non-sticky feel we loved the formula for. Most are sheer but the Intense range shows up almost like a liquid lipstick. It comes in three formulas:

“GLAZEWEAR SHINE” is like the original Glazewear, giving lips moist juicy color with sheer to medium coverage. Shades include Darling Pink, Tickled Pink, Iced Pink (frosty light pink), Mauve Movement, Island glow (dark gold). There is also a Clear SPF15 and some rarer "Duo Reflects" (love) that I'd place in this category.

“GLAZEWEAR INTENSE” has medium to full coverage that wears like a liquid lipstick. Cherry Liqueur, Intense Plum and Crimson rate highly with good pigmentation! Other shades are Brown sugar (a shade darker than Island Glow), and Sweet Maple (pale gold-beige).

“GLAZEWEAR SPARKLE” is sheer to medium coverage with lustrous shimmer. Mocha Latte, Mirage (gold), Dazzling Diamond (sheer crystal), Apple Cinnamon, and Rave (Avon sell a matching shimmer nail enamel also called Rave).

on 6/3/2010 1:56:00 AM

I lovelovelove Glazewear lipgloss! Avon says it's the #1 selling lipgloss in America and I believe it. Great quality product at amazingly affordable price.

on 11/11/2009 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was using Avon stuff before I discovered better things for my face. Actually, this Glazewear lip gloss was great once upon a time. The colors were good, not too goopy, and the fragance and taste was not bad. Apparently, Avon is fond of changing their formulas in drastic ways throughout all their products. I bought a newer formula gloss recently because I had to finally throw out my old ones, and I didn't like the new one. The color was not what I expected, a bit more garish, and the gloss was definitely goopier. It is still not bad for the price, but I've since switched to Buxom lip glosses and am staying with those.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The model in the catalog totally rocked the shade she was wearing. I`ve tried this lipgloss in multiple shades multiple times. The best thing about it was that it wasn`t sticky. However, the shades were completely off from what they were shown as in the catalogs. They also do not stay on your lips for very long.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I normally don't like lip gloss or any lip anything for that matter. This stuff had great pigment and each color is versatile and described accuratly in the catologs- no surprises. It's not too sticky, which is the number one thing i hate about lip gloss. The only draw back is that after using it a few times, the color with squeeze out of the tube when you screw the top back on. And it seems to dry out fast in the tube. But for the price, I don't care. But my first tube ruined the interior of my Gucci purse :( so now i just carry a small seperate make up bag in my purse.

on 3/1/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I can't remember the name of the colour that I puchased this in but it was sort of burgandy. It was a pretty colour, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. I really don't care for it at all. It's wet like a lipgloss, yet it doesn't feel moisturizing. I almost feel like I need something on top of it (or underneath it) to keep my lips feeling more comfortable. I guess that's because it's not really a gloss, but a liquified lipstick. It's also very hard to apply evenly and only wants to adhere to the outer edges of my lips (where there's no moisture). In the moister areas (around the middle areas of my lips), it doesn't want to apply, and when it finally does, it just slides off. This stuff doesn't stay on for more than a few minutes before it's sliding and smearing all over the place, and then it looks horrible because it's such an opaque, obvious colour. Opaque colours should be reserved for drier lipsticks or long-lasting lipcolours that won't smudge around or come off right away and look like a total mess. I threw this in my makeup case of stuff I'll probably never use again, where it'll probably sit until I find it in there again one day and throw it away because it's too old. I will not repurchase.