Avon Glazewear (all)

Avon Glazewear (all)
Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)Glazewear (all)

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Polybutene, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Petrolatum, Lanolin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Calcum Sodium Borosilicate, Acrylates Copolymer, Dis-DiGlyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Barium Sulfate, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Ozokerite, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Fragrance, Saccharin. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 27 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 6 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 33 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 1/27/2013 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

You get what you pay for - and fortunately at $2.99 (on promotion) for full sized tube, or 99 cents for a ridiculously small mini tube this was an inexpensive experiment. I wound up giving iced pink, rave and intense plum (not intense - don't let the name fool ya!) to my 8 year old. Not hydrating, not long lasting. CHEAP formula.

I won't be buying these again. MAC, Beauticontrol, Chanel and even L'oreal have way better glosses (and also higher prices). The mini-tubes were so chinsy and small it was like paying for a free sample. Not cool, Avon!!

Update: Downgrading from 2 lippies to one. So dehydrating. Cheap formula. You can feel it the moment it touches your lips (I have dry skin/lips) - it almost stings. YUCK.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Pros
Nice colors
Glaze

Now for the Cons ...lol
I work for a rep at an avon store...we sell these and I purchased one for myself. I noticed a tingling/burning feeling when I applied it. WTF. Whatever chemicals that are used in it do not agree with my lips for the first few minutes after application. A customer came in returning it with the same problem. Second con is that it really has no lasting power as others have said. After licking your lip, eating. drinking, etc. you must reapply. It is nice for cuteness for a good ten minutes or so but as a seller of this product I would NOT recommend women buying it in hopes of great quality.

on 3/8/2012 2:06:00 PM

Bought these 5/1.00. Great Deal! Excited to get some mopre glazewaer! Several Years I bought one I would have rated a 4/5 The four I received are cheaply made, the wand is actually hard with no cushion. Dissapointed, I used to Love these. Avon has gone cheap.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

i brought three of these and i'm still trying to find where the "glaze" is at. Does not make my lip shine as i love my lips to. Although i love the true red color but i have to add so much stuff to it to get it to shine. so it was a no for me!

on 5/28/2009 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What a bust! The swatches do not match the acutal colours, the packaging quality is poor, and the gloss has a sweet smell that is just awful. I bought quite a few of the glosses on sale, but will return every last one. You get what you pay for in life. I will stick to department store brands moving forward. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I purchased the Glazewear Extreme in Charmed rose and Classic Nude.
Charmed rose is much brighter than shown almost a raspberry pink. It wasn't as glossy as regular glazewear.

Classic Nude was more of a whiteish taupe color. Not at all flattering..

I will not buy any of the Extremes again for one major factor. This stuff burns my lips! Not a problem that I had with the regular ones.

on 7/26/2007 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is horrble. There is no shine... no lasting color.. just lousy! I will not re purchase. its a waste.

on 7/6/2007 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I purchased Avon Glazewear as part of a kit. While it is inexpensive, the color is smooth to apply, it looks very pretty and tastes yummy, it doesn't even survive a half hour. It transfers onto everything, and you can't eat or drink without having to reapply afterwards. Overall, it is a poor product I will not be repurchasing.

The last time I used this it ended up outside my lip line and left my lips very dry and cracked the next day.

Glazewears are the worst. I have ordered tons of them and no good. They have no lasting power. IT's hard to get product out of the tube. I have success with about 50% of the colors, and they are very, very sheer.

Popular Lip Glosses