Maybelline Full 'N Soft (curved brush)

Maybelline Full 'N Soft (curved brush)

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Purchased this due to reading rave views here on MUA. I'm not entirely sure if it's actually discontinued? I found it with ease in the store, yet.

Anyway, this was an OK mascara. I felt like it definitely lengthened my lashes and provided a pretty good coat of mascara. Didn't appear to do much for me in terms of volume (even with a second and third coat). Still prefer LashBlast.

I will use in conjunction with other mascaras to lengthen lashes, but far from a HG for me.

UPDATE: Stopped using and threw away because it smeared sooo easily..went on really thick and wet. Lashblast is 1000x better than this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I finally found a mascara that makes my lashes look long and natural without looking spikey. I'm tired of seeing commercials on TV with models that obviously have on fake lashes. This mascara does a beautiful job without that "false look."

on 8/19/2006 3:59:00 PM

Since they stopped making Full and Soft with a curved brush I'v started using this and I love it. Nothing holds a curl better than this mascara (including expensive store brands). All other mascaras seem to make the lashes heavier so it loses the curl.

This mascara gave me a VERY natural look. Almost like i wasnt wearing any mascara at all even when i used an eyelash curler. Im young (16) and want dramatic lashes right now but when i first started wearing mascara my mom got me this. I would like to say because she wanted me to still look natural but honestly it was $1.99 at marcs in its clearance section so that why she got it lol

on 5/4/2009 6:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

BAD mascara, with NO effect at all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried every mascara on the market and this is my HG. The brush coats every last leaving my lashes, full, glossy and thick. But, most importantly, the mascara does not get flaky, which is my biggest pet peeve with mascaras. I use it everyday and am constantly complimented on my lashes. To boot, it comes of very easily with Pond's cold cream. Will repurchase again and again.

on 10/31/2005 12:31:00 PM

I'd been looking for this one for a little while because I love waterproof Full 'n' Soft and wanted the washable version to work for me as well. My main problem with the washable version is that it (like so many other non-waterproof mascaras) doesn't hold a curl very well. I figured that a curved brush might help, so when I spotted this at a local discount beauty store, I snapped it up.

I'll add that I'm not sure if Maybelline still makes this as I can't find it in normal drugstores so maybe I got an old/bad tube. In any case, I'm not impressed. This is slightly worse than the normal F'n'S and much worse than the WP version. The formula seems drier and clumpier than the aforementioned, which makes for icky spider lashes if one is not careful to comb lashes thoroughly afterwards. The result (after some work) is not much more length, and some added thickness and fullness. But the results are not particularly great, given my expectations. Lashes feel soft, but how touchable my eyelashes are is not a huge concern of mine.

The brush is not curved enough to be useful at lifting up and separating lashes--it actually seems to make more clumps than the straight brush. Like the regular and WP versions, it is also too bushy and fat and will leave stray mascara marks on my upper eyelid even if I'm careful. Smears and flakes a little and seems to slightly irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). Mediocre curl-holding ability (looks okay for about an hour, then wilts so that my normally downward-pointing lashes stick straight out--feh). Doesn't come off as easily as I'd expected either. Even the tube design displeases me, as it is a cheap-looking metallic royal blue. Would not repurchase. (And I think I'll just give up on washable mascaras and stick to my waterproof Full 'n' Soft)

on 7/15/2005 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. It's great for a drugstore mascara. I especially love the curved brush, I think it works better than the regular brush because it lifts up the eyelashes. And IT IS "Full & Soft"

on 7/8/2006 9:42:00 PM

I love this mascara. After months and months of refusing to buy anything that's not an expensive brand, I decided to give and buy this after hearing a few good reviews about it. Can I just say how much I am glad I did? The curved brush makes the mascara so much easier to apply to your lashes as it covers them all at once (with straight brushed wands, I sometimes I had to use the end to get to my middle or inside lashes). Although I love this mascara and I will definitely continue using it, the effect is not very dramatic. It curls my lashes and definitely lengthens them, even my lower lashes which usually clump with the tiniest coat of mascara, but it is definitely a very natural effect. If you are looking for a dramatic, false-lash effect mascara, this not for you but this is my new HG everyday mascara. I highly, highly recommend it!

my Favorite mascara of all time!