JASÖN extra rich biotin shampoo

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
JASÖN extra rich biotin shampoo

3.0

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 8/16/2014 4:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this shampoo. I've been using it for over a month and I might not purchase again, I just don't know. :o
I don't mind the smell though.
When I use it in the shower it lathers well for a sulphate free and when I rinse my hair feels clean but not stripped.
I follow this with either Faith in Nature coconut conditioner or Tresemme.
When my hair is dry it leaves my fine limp hair full of volume.
I am in the process of growing out my previously bleached hair. I have about 9 months growth of virgin hair and this hair naturally feels nicer than the bleached hair which can look pretty frizzy on the 1st day of washing with this product. I quite like the look of it at the moment because I'm enjoying the messy trend but it feels pretty dry. However, on day two it feels softer and more manageable. I'm quite torn with this product because my hair LOOKS good, it just doesn't feel that good.
I haven't experienced any more breakage than before, my only worry is when I brush out the tangles. I know my hair's damaged from the bleach but it's not fried and can be pretty silky even though it's bleached.
Overall I think this shampoo is great for someone who doesn't suffer with dry hair and is looking for something volumising.
I have not used the matching conditioner with this.

on 11/11/2011 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this out of sheer desperation because my regular shampoo was out of stock, and I honestly regret doing so. The packaging is nice, and I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's not bad; it's very herbal. I've used Jason Natural products in the past and have really liked them all, but so far I am not impressed with this. I have fine, very curly hair and after shampooing and conditioning (I use Jason daily fragrance free conditioner), and letting it air dry like usual, my hair felt weighed down, almost greasy; like I had never washed it to begin with. On the bottle it said "new and improved", so maybe the formula was better before they made the change? I'm not sure since this is my first time using this product. I guess I'll use the rest of the bottle since it wasn't cheap ($10 at my local Whole Foods) and maybe see if using less will help the issues I'm having, but I don't think I will be buying this product again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this! I was a little unsure about buying this but I'm so glad I did. I have fine thin hair so I was didn't know if it'd actually do anything for my hair but I can definitely tell a difference and so can others! I've gotten so many compliments that my hair looks thicker and has more life. I highly recommend this!

EDIT: I got my hair dyed and cut yesterday and my hair dresser immediately asked me what I did to my hair because it looks so much fuller. He was actually impressed! I really recommend this!

I have fine, flat, highlighted hair. The product I'm reviewing is the Natural Biotin Shampoo. It doesn't say extra-rich on my bottle.

At first I did NOT like this shampoo. It weighed my hair down and left it feeling coated. I was going to give it to my sister-in-law who has thick hair. But I decided to give it a few more tries. I really like it now. It makes my hair feel thick and strong without being dry. I had been using volumizing shampoos which made my hair really dried and gave me a lot of fly-aways.

I agree with some posters that there is a slightly coated feeling, but it doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I think my hair has more body than it has in a long time due to this shampoo.

I have been trying to go all natural with my hair products and have been weaning my hair off of SLS and silicones. I bought this shampoo after looking at Jason's site and it seemed to have so many amazing ingredients. Imagine my surprise the other night when I actually read the label on the shampoo bottle and saw not one but TWO silicones listed (conveniently not listed on their site in the ingredient description!). Silicone in shampoo???? All natural huh? They get two thumbs resiliently down for that move and I am so disappointed in a company that misleads people by not listing every ingredient contained in their product on their site. No more Jason's for me.

on 5/24/2005 1:04:00 PM

The shampoo I am reviewing is called Natural Biotin Shampoo. At first I really liked it but I think that it does leave a coating on my hair. I have oily roots and thick, fine, normal hair otherwise. The Aloe Vera and Apricot ones from Jason are great though!

on 7/27/2003 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Maybe it's because it's "extra rich", but whatever the reason, this does not cleanse my hair at all.

I even tried lathering up with this *three* times in the shower and still my hair looked like an oily mess when it dried. Yuck! It's either far too moisturizing or it's not a great cleansing shampoo which defeats the purpose of it being a shampoo, right?

I couldn't even use it on my dog so I had to toss it. Stay away from this one, it's waste of money. It was around $8 where I purchased it.

on 4/1/2003 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

supposed to be good for your hair. i like it okay, not much smell, but you have to wash twice, first a light lather - mild wash, then rinse, then a deep, rich lather - heavier wash....but it works okay :)

Popular Shampoos