JASÖN extra rich biotin shampoo

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
JASÖN extra rich biotin shampoo

3.6

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have damaged hair. First, I bleached it and did highlights. Then, I added more damage by coloring and perming. My stylist said to switch to organic shampoos, which I picked this shampoo to try. After trying this shampoo for a couple of months, the con is weird course texture and super frizzy hair. The pros are, after going back to my stylist today for a protein treatment, I finger combed my hair (after months of attempting to, but failing because my hair is too damaged) and my hair feels thicker. I kept wondering what I've been doing the past couple of months, because my hair is normally fine and thin. Then, I realized its the shampoo I've been using.

Moral of the story: if you have irreversible damaged hair, you're going to have frizzy and weird gummy texture. In the long run, yes you may lose hair from trying to comb it out (while wet!), but your hair will feel fuller due to biotin. My suggestion is a nice clarifying shampoo each week with a rich deep conditioner or a oil like most people on here suggest. You can also do a protein treatment at home or in the salon.

on 2/13/2016 2:05:00 PM

This shampoo I started purchasing recently. I have tried other natural, cruelty and animal ingredient-free shampoos that I have not quite liked, I often find they produce little to no lather and leave my hair not feeling clean and washed. I have hair that gets oily after a day or two of not washing so a decent lather and wash is important to me. This shampoo lathers well for a natural shampoo and meets my criteria- no animal testing or ingredients! Others have commented on the scent, I don't mind it. I find it smells nice and it's light so I don't smell it in my hair for days afterward. I cannot stand fake smells from mainstream shampoos that have you reeking of artificial fragrance for days. This scent does not irritate me. I find the shampoo leaves my hair bouncier with more volume than other natural shampoos. My hair is nice an soft as well since using it, doesn't dry it out even in the horrible winter weather! However, I have never dyed my hair nor do I use any other hair products besides shampoo, conditioner, and occasionally coconut oil if i'm having a frizzy day, so I cannot speak for how this shampoo would treat dyed or damaged hair.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was honestly afraid to try this shampoo after buying it first before reading the reviews. I've been CG for a few years and am always looking for new shampoos. I tried DevaCurl Low-Poo last and didn't like it, despite reading rave reviews.

I bought this for $10 CAD (473 ml size) at my local health food store. It was no more or less expensive than Nature's Gate or similar brands. I wasn't in love with the scent; it reminded me of a baby powder/herbal smell but I had read good things about it on the Naturally Curly website so I decided to go ahead and buy it.

I have 3b/3c fine curls with a normal density and high porosity.

I only wash my hair once a week because I have bright red highlights and it's better for my hair. I used a good 2-quarters-full amount after getting my hair reeeeaaaallllyyyy wet in the shower. It lathered a little bit but not much. I didn't find it goopy or greasy or slimy like other reviewers have said. I scrubbed my scalp with my fingertips and found this gave enough slip to effectively cleanse my hair and scalp. It rinsed out clean and I followed up with my usual conditioner (Down Under Naturals Good On Ya Gentle). I use a little dab of gel with pure argan oil mixed in and my hair is shiny, soft, and full of bounce! Not frizzy, dry, or tangled at all!

I would definitely buy this again.

on 8/16/2014 4:33:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this shampoo. I've been using it for over a month and I might not purchase again, I just don't know. :o
I don't mind the smell though.
When I use it in the shower it lathers well for a sulphate free and when I rinse my hair feels clean but not stripped.
I follow this with either Faith in Nature coconut conditioner or Tresemme.
When my hair is dry it leaves my fine limp hair full of volume.
I am in the process of growing out my previously bleached hair. I have about 9 months growth of virgin hair and this hair naturally feels nicer than the bleached hair which can look pretty frizzy on the 1st day of washing with this product. I quite like the look of it at the moment because I'm enjoying the messy trend but it feels pretty dry. However, on day two it feels softer and more manageable. I'm quite torn with this product because my hair LOOKS good, it just doesn't feel that good.
I haven't experienced any more breakage than before, my only worry is when I brush out the tangles. I know my hair's damaged from the bleach but it's not fried and can be pretty silky even though it's bleached.
Overall I think this shampoo is great for someone who doesn't suffer with dry hair and is looking for something volumising.
I have not used the matching conditioner with this.

on 12/22/2013 3:30:00 PM

I have the Jason Restorative Biotin Pure Natural shampoo size 473 ml. The fragrance is a heavy plastic and laced with baby powder smell. The shampoo doesn't clean my hair. My hair looked oily and limp no matter how long I rinsed. My hair would smell so strong of plastic and baby powder that I felt nauseated. I used it for two weeks and decided not to use it on my hair anymore. Rather than throwing it away, I use the shampoo to wash my nylon stockings and makeup brushes.

on 10/28/2013 1:52:00 PM

I so enjoyed the biotin conditioner from Jason that I wanted to try the shampoo, despite the relatively low % of MUA reviewers that liked it. Well, that was silly optimism on my part. I like Jason's products, generally, and love using natural products, so I was so hopeful that I would like this one. But I didn't. That is hands down the most tangly and dry my hair has ever been. This product was not meant to be used on my dry, highlighted, damaged hair. So disappointed. I have decided to hang on to it though, for two things. One, I could use it as a detox shampoo, and enjoy knowing that it's all natural - and just follow up with a really good conditioner. (My hair gets really weighed down and gross after a while from all the deep conditioners and shine serums I use.) Two, I used it as the base for my own recipe of scalp exfoliator with organic brown sugar, lavendar, and tea tree oil. It worked wonderfully for this. I read dozens of recipes for homemade scalp exfoliators online, and most recommended using a conditioner as a base - that didn't make sense to me, to put oils, silicones, etc., back in when I'm trying to purgue them out. A few others recommended using a deep cleansing shampoo; that's why this product is perfect for this, because it deep cleans and has no nasty chemicals to redeposit.
In short, I would not recommend this as a shampoo for you if you have dry or damaged hair. But it's great for deep cleansing or as part of an exfoliating mix.
*UPDATE*: I swear this stuff could strip paint, and it doesn't smell good either, but you can't beat it as a deep detox shampoo! I use this anytime I start to notice build-up or when my hair is just extra dirty: but I always follow up then with a moisturizing shampoo, which definitely makes the moisturizing shampoo perform better! I will always keep a bottle of this around, because it's natural and a great deep cleanser. Just don't expect this to moisturize!!

on 10/18/2013 12:03:00 AM

I LOVE this shampoo!!!!! it transformed my hair and i absolutely love the way it leaves my hair manageable and soft. i use it with kerastase leave in conditionner and john frieda frizz ease.

This shampoo is perfect for fine dry hair. would definitely recommend.

Ah forgot to mention that the 1st time i used it i oiled my hair before. very bad idea because this shampoo does not strip the oil from your hair so wash your hair every 3days with this. your hair will thank you.

on 7/12/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this biotin shampoo! One of the better organic/natural shampoos on the market, in my opinion. Many natural shampoos are simply not moisturizing enough for my hair. I have heavily highlighted hair that can be really dry and this shampoo/conditioner combo leaves my hair silky soft with no nasty residue/build-up. I get this for $6 at my local grocery store and the bottles are huge (can't remember if it is a 16 or 18 oz. bottle), so it's very economical as well! I do not have any issues with this shampoo lathering nicely. I get plenty of suds and my hair feels nice and clean, sans tangles and knots. It does have an herbal scent, but that's better to me any day than a cloying synthetic perfume. Since I had converted to primarily natural products many years ago, I have a lot of issues with synthetic fragrances. The bottle I purchased is the 'New and Improved' version, so I cannot vouch for the older version.

on 11/8/2011 7:28:00 AM

It's refreshing and makes the hair really soft and bright but for me, it makes me ich my scalp a little.

If you want a discount for your first order on iherb.com use this code LOP784 at checkout

on 9/23/2010 1:26:00 PM

I'm in love with most of Jason's products. I've tried all but 2 or 3 types of their shampoos and conditioners and I like each one equally. Does this shampoo/condtioner actually promote more hair growth? I don't know, I haven't seen a real difference in that, but it does leave my hair clean, soft, smooth, yet bouncy and full of body. I like that the Jason smells fade quick, and I also like that they have cones in them. I have a few cone free shampoo/conditioners, but i really feel like having a cone in it helps tame hair better. And since cones aren't toxic and rarely comedogenic, i don't mind that it's synthetic.

For those of you trying sulfate free shampoos for the first time, please take my advice and stick with it if you feel like your hair is acting funky for the first week or two. I switched almost three months ago and my hair is so much better off now. But, I did experience some issues when I first transitioned, I mean I had been pouring sulfates on my head for over 20 years, so I just gave my hair some time to adjust and am extremely happy with the results now.