Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower\Leaf\Stem Extract (1), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Biotin, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride,Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Phytate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcool (1), Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol,Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you want to have ugly oil slick stringy hair this product is for you! Does not work for straight hair. Worst shampoo ive ever tried, it did not clean my hair at all and made my scalp oily and flaky. Not to mention it made my back very itchy. If you wanna look ugly and have the worst hair day and repel everyone this is a perfect product that can achieve that for you! :)

Do you want full, shiny, voluminous, healthy hair? Then don't touch this, ever. Super harsh but doesn't even get your scalp clean yet also causes dandruff when you've never had dandruff before. Terrible.

on 7/30/2016 7:21:00 PM

I love this shampoo, gives my hair a lot of volume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have damaged hair. First, I bleached it and did highlights. Then, I added more damage by coloring and perming. My stylist said to switch to organic shampoos, which I picked this shampoo to try. After trying this shampoo for a couple of months, the con is weird course texture and super frizzy hair. The pros are, after going back to my stylist today for a protein treatment, I finger combed my hair (after months of attempting to, but failing because my hair is too damaged) and my hair feels thicker. I kept wondering what I've been doing the past couple of months, because my hair is normally fine and thin. Then, I realized its the shampoo I've been using.

Moral of the story: if you have irreversible damaged hair, you're going to have frizzy and weird gummy texture. In the long run, yes you may lose hair from trying to comb it out (while wet!), but your hair will feel fuller due to biotin. My suggestion is a nice clarifying shampoo each week with a rich deep conditioner or a oil like most people on here suggest. You can also do a protein treatment at home or in the salon.

on 2/13/2016 2:05:00 PM

This shampoo I started purchasing recently. I have tried other natural, cruelty and animal ingredient-free shampoos that I have not quite liked, I often find they produce little to no lather and leave my hair not feeling clean and washed. I have hair that gets oily after a day or two of not washing so a decent lather and wash is important to me. This shampoo lathers well for a natural shampoo and meets my criteria- no animal testing or ingredients! Others have commented on the scent, I don't mind it. I find it smells nice and it's light so I don't smell it in my hair for days afterward. I cannot stand fake smells from mainstream shampoos that have you reeking of artificial fragrance for days. This scent does not irritate me. I find the shampoo leaves my hair bouncier with more volume than other natural shampoos. My hair is nice an soft as well since using it, doesn't dry it out even in the horrible winter weather! However, I have never dyed my hair nor do I use any other hair products besides shampoo, conditioner, and occasionally coconut oil if i'm having a frizzy day, so I cannot speak for how this shampoo would treat dyed or damaged hair.

on 2/8/2016 7:57:00 PM

I don't mind the smell at all. I think this has been over exaggerated. It is a good shampoo with fewer harsh chemicals. You need very little and it gives great volume. If you have very dry hair you will need to condition as well. If you have very greasy hair then use a shampoo for greasy hair. It is not rocket science! This is a great shampoo for the normal hair that most of us have. One size never fits all. Personally I love it and it suits me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was honestly afraid to try this shampoo after buying it first before reading the reviews. I've been CG for a few years and am always looking for new shampoos. I tried DevaCurl Low-Poo last and didn't like it, despite reading rave reviews.

I bought this for $10 CAD (473 ml size) at my local health food store. It was no more or less expensive than Nature's Gate or similar brands. I wasn't in love with the scent; it reminded me of a baby powder/herbal smell but I had read good things about it on the Naturally Curly website so I decided to go ahead and buy it.

I have 3b/3c fine curls with a normal density and high porosity.

I only wash my hair once a week because I have bright red highlights and it's better for my hair. I used a good 2-quarters-full amount after getting my hair reeeeaaaallllyyyy wet in the shower. It lathered a little bit but not much. I didn't find it goopy or greasy or slimy like other reviewers have said. I scrubbed my scalp with my fingertips and found this gave enough slip to effectively cleanse my hair and scalp. It rinsed out clean and I followed up with my usual conditioner (Down Under Naturals Good On Ya Gentle). I use a little dab of gel with pure argan oil mixed in and my hair is shiny, soft, and full of bounce! Not frizzy, dry, or tangled at all!

I would definitely buy this again.

on 11/24/2015 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this on sale at Healthy Planet for 4.99 since I needed a new SLS free shampoo, and read some pretty good reviews on this one. This shampoo is bad all around and even damaged my hair. The smell is what I would describe as "baby medicine", a harsh mix of baby powder smell and some other chemically odor. And the smell doesn't go away, it's stayed in my hair for days and is really overwhelming to my senses. The formula is slippery, yet gummy, and doesn't distribute well in the hair, so it's hard to get an even lather. I have 3a curls and it did nothing for them except drag them down. It also made my hair very frizzy and it looks like there might be some damage. It doesn't necessarily make my hair feel that "clean", but it doesn't leave any residue, it just leaves that horrid smell. I wouldn't recommend, especially if you have curly hair.

on 6/1/2015 5:37:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. When I use it with the Biotin conditioner, it makes my hair really bouncy and full. I have several shampoos and conditioners that I rotate, so I can't speak to what happens if I use this exclusively for months, but so far I've been pleased with the results. My hair seems to like it, it smells very fresh and clean and a plus is that this doesn't make my scalp itch, like so many other shampoos out there.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Jason's Biotin Shampoo. The conditioner is nothing marvelous, but I have used this shampoo off and on for several years.

For a time, I tried only using conditioners, but finally decided I could not stand not to have my hair feel "clean". So, I got out my Jason's Biotin Shampoo again, and started using it.

To date, it is the ONLY shampoo I have used, that leaves my hair where it belongs - on my head, not in the sink or in the drain trap. I have noticed a lot of new hair growth, too.

I had temporarily used RenPure's Cleansing Conditioners, but both fragrances made my hair fall out - a lot! So, I am back to using Jason's shampoo, and experimenting with several different conditioners.

Unlike many others, I love the smell of it!

Popular Shampoos