Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

3.7

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 12/10/2007 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really had high hopes for this product. Nut, unfortunately I got increased redness and irritation with this product.

I used the both Level 6 &9 strengths (at different times of course). And, my skin became much drier and more sensitive. And, there is a noticeable ethanol smell to Green Cream. Of which, I came to feel very nervous about.

on 1/16/2006 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is an early review. I've been using GC for about a week now...it's all the rage here in the New Orleans area as the dermatologist who developed it is from here, and therefore, it's easy to find in most of our local day spas. A friend used GC3 and tried moving up to GC6 but it was too much for her sensitive skin. Since I used Renova until recently, and she was looking to get rid of her GC6, I thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did.

I use it every other night on my 40-year old, oil, rosacea- & acne prone skin. I do not experience any irritation or discomfort - just some light flaking, which I don't mind since I could use a good exfoliant. (I use Image-C Skincare Hydrating Enzyme Mask to keep peeling to a minimum.)

My breakout are gone for the first time in over 25 years. If you were to rub your hand on my face, it would feel *smooth* rather than bumpy from my breakouts. My pores are noticeably smaller and I seem to be producing less oil. I only have a few fine lines so I haven't noticed a big improvement there, but this is the least of my worries.

I'm very optimistic and will update again later.

on 5/26/2005 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used green cream totally for over 6 months to give it a fair review. I worked up slowly and have used it every night for 4 months. In the beginning I had what people called purging - a lot of pimples came out. It seemed to do really well on killing these pimples later, although it never did anything improving my blackheads. Then at a certain point my cheeks got really red and red bumps appeared on my cheeks. The derm I went to was a total idiot and he dianosed me with rosacea. OK, since some rosaceans said green cream put their rosaceas under control, I continued using green cream. The red bumps came and went. They never stopped coming out. Then something worse happened - since april, my face had flare-ups more and more often. I used to be able to tolerate sunscreens very well, but then all of sudden sunscreens burnt my skin. Then finally my ENTIRE face was swollen. I went to another derm last week. She said I had horrible allergic reaction. I stopped using green cream (i also used retin-a only my chin and lower cheeks). After being on steroid for only 3 days and my symptoms were completely gone. No more green cream for me ever. I don't know if it was the retinol, or the alcohol base, or both.

I know green cream works for many people. Unfortunately it is not for me. The horrible irritation green cream gave to my skin frightened me to hell. So if you have sensitive skin like me, be very very careful.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the most effective exfoliating product I've ever used without having to go through the process of seeing a Dr and getting a prescription. I've used this for a couple years now and I would highly recommend it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using this product for about 5 weeks now and I love it. I had a couple of red spots where some zits used to be and this stuff has faded them to the point where I can hardly notice them. I have not been wearing foundation at all now! I bought a sample of this and plan on getting a full size soon. Amazing stuff.

on 4/15/2003 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Green cream is a wonderful retinol product. Unlike other OTC retinols, it is not emollient or waxy. If you have sensitive skin, you really do need to start slowly - once a week, then twice/wk and so forth. One tip: I keep the bottle upside down on its flat cap - that way it doses perfectly and you get every last drop. I'm getting better results with GC than I ever did after three years of redness and irritation with various retin-A products. A definite keeper!