Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I came upon Green Cream while in desperate need of some serious measures for my very acne prone, oily skin. I read many great reviews about the wonders it was doing for people's acne. I've found that the product works "ok". I do not like the fact that it contains alcohol and a dye to give it the green tint. It is a very strong retinol so if you have sensitive skin I would use no more than every other night. I experience flakiness if I try to use every night. I think that this product has moderately helped my acne, but not enough to continue using.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I really do like this product and feel as if it is working. Not as much refinement of my fine-medium lines as I had hoped but otherwise the condition of my skin is the best it has ever been (well at least in the last 10 years)....the only thing that I would say is that you NEED a really good sunscreen that will not wear off if you use this product because it REALLY makes you prone to sun damage. In my case, I take a medication that tells you to stay out of the sun and in combination with the Green Cream, I've noticed that I tend to get dark patches with an inferior sunscreen if I am in the sun for ANY extended period of time. Once I get off the medication, I think that this will not be an issue. But I just wanted to warn others in similar situations....

on 5/9/2010 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I actually used Level 6 for some years on the area around my eyes, because although it contained alcohol and sometimes irritated the hell out of my skin, I still liked the tightening and smoothing effect it had on my eye area. I have meanwhile discovered a much more effective product, namely Skinceuticals 1.0 retinol cream, which although stronger than Level 6 is far less irritating and also has much better results in terms of plumping up and smoothing skin. Level 6 used to cause a wierd darkening of the skin around my eyes, like really bad eye circles. I think that was the irritation from the alcohol, because I am not getting that anymore since I've started using Skinceuticals. It is certainly very important to use a retinol product, but there are far better products out there, without irritating ingredients, that are worth the investment.

on 1/6/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been searching diligently for a facial treatment that would clean up my fine lines, dents, and blemishes. With so many products on the market, this becomes very expensive. So, I figured educating myself was the best place to start.

After reading MUA reviews and searching the literature, I found Green Cream Level 6 works best for me. It has a cooling effect when applied and over the course of a few weeks, its effects are noticeable. Fine lines and weird blotches start to diminish and my skin looks and feels smoother. I simply apply this once every evening with no mess or irritation. The retinol in it is really effective on maintaining healthy skin and that it is housed in an aloe based gel is neat since that itself is loaded with amino acids and is very kind to the skin.

I put some of the websites I visited in my notepad in hopes that it will help other folks looking to treat their skin. These sites provide information on vitamins and other compounds that have an effect on skin. I figure an educated consumer makes a better investment without wasting money on useless products.

on 8/13/2009 11:39:00 AM

GC is one of the best creams out there for acne prone skin with discoloration. I have bene using the green cream for over 3 months and i have to say it had improved my skin alot!! I use this at bedtime, i use the GC level 6 and i won't be moving onto the 9 any time soon. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT, this helps fade the brown spots on my face, and minimise break-outs.

on 4/10/2009 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this to prevent acne because exfoliation is essential for my skin. It made the texture of my skin smooth, but helped breakouts on only a very minimal level.

on 1/18/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

EDIT: Dec 30/ 2010

I am still using this. I tried using rx strength retinoids in the reg Retin A and the Micro formula and I could not use it. I was so flaky and red that I couldn't leave the house. SO I started using this again and this is still great. For the money, this is the most effective retinol I have used and I have tried at least 6 high strength kinds & numerous lower concentrations. Anyone with acne ( I have cystic) and mature skins should try this.

Original:

I have been using this product for over a year now, and I can safely say that this is one of my HG products.

I have very oily (but also extremely prone to flaky skin in the winter) skin that is chronically breaking out. I don't have acne everywhere, mostly big nodules on my chin. But I usually have one or two either healing, coming up to the surface, or ready to get popped.

I have used OTC retinoids in the past, and I liked the results I got from them, but they were very subtle.

I was using MaMa Lotion for all of my red scars. I always get them after a pimple goes way, sometimes they are very dark red & stick around for a year! MaMa Lotion is great for fading those spots FAST, But I felt like I needed something more, I am aging...

So I got Green Cream based on the reviews I read here.

Now, I have pretty tough skin, and I was already using a strong chemical exfoliant so i started with Level 9, I also wanted to get the most for my money.

With MUA discount from Skincarerx.com, I always get 20% off. I even got 30% off this holiday season with a coupon code they sent me.

I did not flake at all when I started using this. You should never mix acids with retinoids, they actually will hamper the effectiveness of the other item. So I use Green Cream 4 times a week and MaMa Lotion twice a week, all spread out through the week.

So this is what it has done for my skin :)

Breakouts are very rare. Only get flare-ups when I am extra stressed, or don't get enough sleep.

Skin is SOOO SOFT & looks very "clear", that translucent look.

Red marks fades very fast.

Retinoids build collagen, my face is still firm, but I feel (?) like it is not losing any elasticity.

Freckles are faded by at least three shades.

I love this, to me it is pretty gentle. As I get older, I am noticing that I am not as oily as I used to be, and I still damn oily, but this helps a lot with that too.

My pores are small, but this also keeps blackheads to a minimum, I notice how much gunk I have when I don't use this for a few days, like when I'm traveling & don't bring it with me.

I started using this last winter, I am ONLY ON MY SECOND BOTTLE!!!! And I just cracked this baby open after Thanksgiving.

I kind of use a lot too, but don't use too much. Once I gave myself a burn when I accidentally pumped out too much & didn't want to waste it, so I slathered it all over my face. BAD MOVE.

The packaging kicks ass, I know when I'm low by the weight of the bottle, you can kind of feel it when it's low.

Very affordable & WORKS.

Try it if you have acne, scars, concerned about aging, or have sun spots.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I have suffered from acne and uneven skin tone for more than 20 years. I'm a DDD and every small pimple or provoked blackhead resulted in a horrible, ugly scar.

I tried Retin-A which would would work beautifully for a month or two and then just destroy my skin because it was far too harsh (I was using Retin A cream, .05%).

I tried Green Cream after someone at acne.org recommended it. I was so frustrated from spending gobs on money on skincare that I literally prayed over this product. I was like "OK, God. I'm broke and my skin is still bad. Please let this work." And it did.

Here's how I used it initially:
Morning:
Wash with Neutrogena Daily Blackhead scrub
Treat with Neutrogena Acne Stress Response (It's a lovely, lovely salicylic acid product.)
Light moisturizer (Usually MAC's oil-control lotion)

Night:
Wash with Purpose Liquid
Treat with Green Cream Level 6 or Stress Response (Alternate days.)

I'm now up to using the Green Cream each evening daily and let me tell you. I am HOT! Using less makeup. Fewer blackheads and more even-toned skin. Spend the $50 bucks. It's worth it.

on 1/31/2008 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm currently using level 3 and I don't think this is doing anything beneficial to me.. just making my skin super dry. I'll probably keep using it anyway until I finish it since it's kind of pricey. I don't want it to go to waste, lol.

on 12/7/2007 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product is simply AMAZING! I have very sensitive skin and rosacea. I use this product in combination with Mychelle products. I've had very little purging and each morning I wake to improvements in skin clarity, smoothness, pore size, and balance. I have never seen a product make such dramatic improvements. This is a miracle cream- seriously!