Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

I have been using Green Cream for about 15 years. My cosmetologist recommended it. I know this works. I started with level 3 and now using level 9. I had peeling when I first started using and was very happy about it. It meant it was actually working. You can add a moisturizer when applying it if you have any irritation. Everyone’s skin is different and it may take some trial and error on how often you should use it.
I hard to stay out of the sun or wear an SPF hat. However I still get brown spots on my cheeks during the spring and summer. This absolutely gets rid of brown spots.

I wish I had photos. They completely go away. It evens out my skin tone so I feel it’s ok if I go without makeup. I am in my mid 60s and everyone tells me I look like I’m in my 40’s. I do not have a lot of wrinkles. I have no doubt Green Cream is keeping me looking younger.

I like that it is not advertised so it can keep the cost down. The container it comes in is airtight and the pump allows you to get as much or as little as you need. The cream goes on smoothly. I am so grateful I was told about it and recommend it to everyone that mentions my skin or asks me what I use.
I rely on reviews when I’m researching anything. And I often worry if any of the 5 star reviews are phony.
I would give this 10 stars if I could. The container lasts a long time. You will see noticeable results long before to need to reorder. Give it a try.

on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM

I love this stuff. And no, I have no relationship with the company whatsoever. I use it for the anti-wrinkle properties, not for acne.
If they ever stop making it I don't know what I'll do. I have very few wrinkles and I'm 53. I had more when I started using the stuff - about 5 years ago. People routinely mistake me for 10 years younger, or more.

Tips: 1)Start with Level 3 (the weakest) and move up, slowly, slowly, slowly. If your skin gets irritated, back off for a day or two. It took me a year to work up to Level 9.
2) Use a BHA product to keep your pores cleared out- for some reason GC aggravates my adult acne if I do not use BHA (I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA) BHA in the day, GC at night.
3)Keep using sunscreen! No reason to ruin the good that GC does.

on 10/26/2011 2:25:00 PM

First let me say that I am a very strong believer in OTC Retinol products used in the PM and Vitamin C serums used in the AM. This combination does work, not overnight, but after 30-60 days you will begin to see a difference!!!! [depending of course on how much sun damage your skin has].

I began using OTC Retinol's about 4 years ago, starting with AfirmX cream, and this product is excellent! I began with Afirm's 1X moving to 2X and finally to the 3X [strongest] over a period of months. I did have to return to the 2X after a few weeks of using 3X as it was too strong for my fairly sensitive skin.

Then at the beginning of 2011, I discovered Green Cream. Again I started with the lowest dosage [Level 3] and progressed to Level 6 [ tried a sample size of the Level 9 but it was like Afirms 3X, just too strong for my skin] so I stayed with Level 6 which is equivalent in strength to Afirm's "too strong for me" 3X cream. After doing some research, I discovered that the reason my skin would tolerate GC's Level 6 but not Afirm's 3X was that the Green Cream is formulated so that those of us with fairly sensitive skin can use a stronger dosage without the ugly flaky side affects found with using stronger levels Retinols. It is for this reason only that I switched from Afirm to GC and why I stay with the GC. Both are great products.

If you have never used a Retinol product I would encourage you to begin with the lowest level and if that is tolerated well then advance to the next level. Please don't "jump" into the strongest level of either of these Retinol products in the beginning, do play it safe!

on 3/17/2010 8:43:00 AM

I had fine lines around my eyes and lips, some breakouts, lots of bumps and blackheads and discoloration due to sun exposure. I have been using GC Level 6 nightly for about a month and love it. My skin is clear! No bumps, no blackheads, no breakouts. It's too soon to tell about the fine lines.

As others have reported this leaves your skin moist but not oily. I apply it every night and have had only very minor peeling on the tip of my nose.

I used this for 2 years building up to level 6 after a few months on level 3. I could never get past the dryness and patches this would create on my face, especially in the winter. I finally decided that the ethanol (alcohol) in this dried my skin barrier too much, so I switched to Skinceuticals .5%. That worked better and is a very effective product without as much irritation. I have now moved to Retin~A .25% 2 to 3x a week and I have no irritation whatsoever, but my skin is as smooth as a baby's bum. Also, on the nights I don't use the Retin~A, I have been applying rosehip seed oil (the formula is evanhealy rose) and that has been a great added boost of clarity! I do think my skin has never looked this good, but I would caution against using retinoids too often, and avoid other actives if you go for the strong stuff : )

I used Diacneal for a long time so started out using GC 6. I was impressed with the product but not with the packaging. #1 it is very small. I think for an OTC retinol it's pretty pricey. I think my first bottle lasted me a month max and I'm only using a pea size plop. So this can become expensive very quickly. #2 you literally cannot tell when it's running out because of the packaging - it's just suddenly gone. Does it work? For the most part it does clear your skin and reduce fine lines and, for me, it is controlling oil production which I hadn't expected. I just purchased GC 9 and am going to try to use it very, very sparingly because the higher the retinol, the more expensive the GC. Having said all that, I think I like the results from Acne.org's AHA just as much and it's like $16 for a GIANT tube. So we'll see. I'm not ready to call Green Cream the holy grail of anti-acne/anti-aging products yet!

on 1/14/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

What a waste of money. I've been reading tons of amazing reviews on this product, but it's done nothing for me.

I bought it to clear up my skin and even out my skin tone, which can get riddled with hyper-pigmentation spots after breakouts. They take months to fade, and it's frustrating because my skin could be clear, but doesn't look it because of the damn spots!

So after reading the reviews on how smooth and even and glowing their complexion became after using this stuff, and the purging and flaking and all that business, I thought "Wow, this must be some powerful stuff, sounds like the solution to all my problems!" I even wrote on their forum where the company's rep responded to users, and he replied that ethnic skin responds amazingly well to retinols and wouldn't make my hyper-pigmentation worse.

I bought Level 6 to begin with, and started out with a once daily application at night. I noticed that my skin got a little dry, but that was warned about before hand, so no worries there.

But after a month of use, I had noticed no difference in my skin. It was the same as it'd ever been. Color me disappointed...

I still have the container, and use it around my eyes, mouth, and nose at night occasionally, just to use it up.

I'm not going to waste my money and pin my hopes on Level 9.

on 12/17/2008 11:03:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product ( Level 6.) I admit that it is an effective product, but not the level of effect I expected after reading the reviews. I usually have pretty sensitive skin, but I never had the first problem using this - no redness, no flaking, zilch. Even using it every night. I also did not have amazing results. I have always taken care of my skin - religiously sunblocked, totally tanless, good moisturizer - and I really don't have horribly aged skin. Just some mild discolorations and small lines and large pores. And while I did see results such as very minor smoothing of the lines and possibly a small improvement in the overall texture, but not a smidgen of difference in the pores, I certainly did not see the results I expected, especially given the $50 I paid for it. I actually saw better results with AHA 12% and probably should have continued with that. But you know, the grass is greener and the reviews were amazing. So all in all, I can't give this a poor rating as it does do what it claims, just not as well for me as for others apparently. Maybe I should have gone straight for the Level 9, which I still consider from time to time but hate to invest so much and again get only minor results. I'll probably just go back to AHA 12% until the next miracle product hits the reviews and the emerald lawn over yonder calls again.

on 6/11/2008 11:12:00 AM

I've used this product for about two years now, Level 6. I just don't see much difference in my skin. It didn't fade any marks or help with frown lines. It is good as a spot treatment for acne, though. Other than that, I can't justify another repurchase. I might give up retinols altogether but I'll try Skinceuticals for good measure.

on 1/9/2008 12:06:00 AM

YES, I have finally found a miracle in a bottle! I started using this every other night, and my pores have gone down in size, and my face feels firmer! It is helping with the smile lines (I have very few, but helping the indentation), and the 11's between my eyes. I had been wanting to get a higher concentrate of Renitol,(I was using Roc) and I didn't want to go to the Derm. because my skin is not bad, I just wanted added protection. For that reason I am using the level 6. My skin is very toloratable for skin products, so I had 2 zits appear, and that is it. My skin is very oily, so I haven't had any peeling yet. As for the smell, alot of people say they don't like it, but I think it smells like Margaritas! Yum! I wash my face and wait about 30 minutes before applying the GC, then I apply it. I have on certain occasions applied a moisurizer over it, just waiting 30 mins to do that. I am loving this at the moment, and I will update..........