Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 8/13/2008 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

(For the Mother of All GreenCream reviews, scroll down to Walljoy's - she says it all! Preach it, Walljoy!)

Me: Normal skin with sun damage. Prone to breakouts.

I started with Level 3 and am using Skinceuticals AOX 10 serum with it, alternating am/pm. What great results in less than a week. I did go thru a "purge" stage with some large pimples, but with continued use of GC + BHA they quickly left.

I can't wait to see how smooth, clear, poreless and even-toned my skin is after 4 weeks. No flaking or excess dryness, only one day of slight redness. I do use a good sunscreen with it, since retinols make the skin more susceptible to sun damage AT FIRST. Devita SPF30 is excellent and non-chemical, so it doesn't burn.

Will def repurchase at a higher level after my 3 is done. Much better tolerated than Retin-A or Renova for me. (Due to the vehicle the retinol is suspended in, it is better tolerated and easier to spread than Retin-A.)

For the record, it has been shown conclusively that retinoids thicken the epidermis, which is what we want for younger-looking and -acting skin. It's the stratum corneum that we want to keep smooth and hydrated, the "horny" outer layer.

Do log on to the GreenCream forum - www.greencream.com- for instructions & support before using this excellent product, so that you get the most out of it.

ETA: You can check how much is left in the opaque bottle by removing the bottom cover of the bottle with a forceps or needle nose pliers.

on 1/8/2008 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It didn't do much for me that I could tell. Seemed a bit drying and irritating, probably the alcohol. I prefer RoC's retinol night cream.

on 11/22/2006 12:32:00 AM

I've been using Green Cream for about a month and a half, and I'm pretty pleased with it. I started with some samples of level 3 and level 6, and I had absolutely no reaction. I bought a full-sized level 9, and this is what I've been using. I have had no purging, and haven't noticed any of the shine that some people complain of. I also haven't had any irritation or redness. I feel like it's helped to reduce fine lines somewhat, and I see some pore refinement. I think this is a great product!

on 4/7/2006 9:33:00 AM

I can't say enough about this product.... I just love it!! Green Cream does it all for me. It had dramatically improved my 40 year old skin which was getting a rough, uneven texture due to I'm sure too much time in the sun/tanning beds in my younger days. My skin is so much brighter, smoother and tighter with this product. I have been using level 6 for about a year now and am considering switching to 9 but I'm hesitant because I am loving what the 6 does for me. I have used Lamer, Strivectin, Caviar cream, Cellex C, you name it and have found this to be the best! ***UPDATE*** I started using the level 9 two weeks ago and am loving the results already. I was using the level 6 daily at night, and have currently switched to level 9 every other night to give my skin some time to adjust and I have already seen an improvement with the clarity and texture of my skin. I can't wait to start using it daily.

on 2/18/2006 5:23:00 PM

Unfortunately my skin had a bad allergic reaction to this product - although I should point out often my sensitive skin reacts to retinol and (weirdly) aloe-vera. I used a tiny bit every 3-4 days as recommended. After the first night I started breaking out in welts on my chin. After the second application the welts got worse and my skin felt rashy. I discontinued use and my skin recovered in about 1-2 weeks. I'd encourage people with sensitive skin to buy a sample size and test for sensitivities first before applying to the whole face.

on 4/20/2005 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For some reason I can't update my review below [please scroll down several posts to see my earlier review] despite several frustrating tries - so I'm adding this one.

At this point I feel like Green Cream has done all it can for me. Which has been substantial.

My "Pseudo"-Rosacea is 100% gone. My skin tone is even all the time. My hyperpigmentation is almost unnoticeable. My jowls and wattle are not gone, but they've improved enough that I don't feel like crying when I look in the mirror. And my wrinkles are somewhat smoother.

Some of these results are dramatic and others aren't. I wasn't looking to rid myself of the hyperpigmentation and the rosacea, but I got a complete cure for both those flaws. I was hoping [unrealistically] for my wrinkles to totally disappear and my skin to completely regain firmness and that didn't happen - even though those things ARE better. But even those that aren't dramatically improved still show far more improvement than any other product has ever given me. I will probably be a lifelong Green Cream user.

One thing I would do differently is to avoid application in the eye area. The "crepey-eye" syndrome is not worth dealing with to me. Or, I would buffer before using Green Cream around the eyes. Or, as I've read of some people doing, just use Green Cream in the eye area once a week. If you do happen to get a severe case of "crepey-eyes" just one overnight application of hydrocortisone cream will significantly help turn things around.

As for the rest of your face - I really think you have to "listen" to your skin and apply the Green Cream accordingly. I have very retinol-tolerant skin and I can use the product twice daily with no irritation, peeling or flaking. Most people are more sensitive to the retinol and get their best results by using once daily or every other day. Some can only use a couple times a week. The important thing is that you find the balance between overdoing it and getting enough of the product so that it can do its magic. Again, just pay attention to results/reactions and adjust application accordingly.

Also, I used almost nothing but Green Cream for about six months just so I could be sure that the product was what was really giving me the results. Only recently, I started using other things, too. I have to say that Vitamin C serum improves the Green Cream results even more. Make sure to get a good serum that uses the proper form of the C vitamin. If you do a search of the skin care board here on MUA, you'll find lots of help regarding how to find an effective C serum.

The Green Cream packaging is great. Very hygenic and also designed to protect the product from exposure to light [since light diminishes the efficacy]. But, the drawback is that you can be running out and not realize it. Given that this is a product that must be ordered and shipped, it's a drag to be caught short. I really felt that my skin started to "backslide" during the time it took for me to get my order, so now I have one bottle I'm using and one in reserve. This is a tip I'm sure only one in 10 Green Cream users will ever need considering that 1.) I'm a twice daily Level 9 user so I probably run out faster than most people; and, 2.) I'm probably being fanatical. :) Another tip I learned here on the MUA boards is that if you remove the bottom cover of the dispenser, you can see how much product is left.

Green Cream is strong stuff. I'm surprised at seeing posts from young teenagers and people with skin problems who use the product without doctor's supervision. At the very least, I would recommend that those people use the AST Green Cream Community Board frequently and go slowly with the product.

Speaking of slowly, the Green Cream makers do not promise overnight results. I admire their integrity in doing this. They stand behind the science of retinol - studies of which indicate that best results are not seen for about four to six months. So...another key component in you skincare regime when you add Green Cream is patience. And I can tell you - hang in there! It will pay off.

I just got carded for the second time in the past couple months. I'm almost 48. This would never have happened before Green Cream. Okay... Green Cream AND MakeUpAlley - which keeps me motivated to take care of my skin. I'm very grateful to MUA - without which I would never have found Green Cream - and everyone who posts here. continued >>

I also do not quite understand Lizzie29's arguments against Green Cream. I have been using Green Cream for almost a year. I am on my second bottle of the Level 9. (And I had used 3 bottles of the Level 6 before moving up) My skin has experienced a complete transformation. I can hardly even see any pores on my face, my skin never breaks out, and is incredibly smooth and "pure" looking. Also, I am only 22 but due to sun-worshiping I was starting to get minor wrinkles under my eyes. These have now disappeared. Green Cream is Pricey - but totally worth it, IMO. I hope I am never with out this product. If you are interested in trying this product, you can go to www.greencream.com and post any questions/concerns you may have. Kevin is wonderful and will answer your questions in a timely manner. You can also search previous posts. Good luck!

on 1/27/2005 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's not fair to review a product that does not promise full results for three to six months after only about two months of use. So, having used Green Cream for only a couple months, I consider this an interim review.

I bought the product hoping for help with wrinkles. To my surprise, it's helped with much more.

I'm 47 years old. I've always looked younger, but 2004 was a hard year and I looked awful by the time it was coming to a close. Here are some of the skin problems I had:

Hyperpigmentation: I grew up on the beach and my best friend and I used to compete with each other to have the darkest tans in school. It wasn't until my late 30's that I got out of the sun and started applying sunscreen on a semi-regular basis. Additionally, I've always had hormone problems and had to take BCPs for years and years. The result was some blotchy hyperpigmentation that "framed" the edges of my face and huge purplish-brown swaths of skin on the sides of my neck. My neck, especially, bothered me. It looked dirty at best. Rating how self-conscious and miserable it made me on a scale of 1-10, I'd give this an 8. Green Cream has improved this by at least 60-70% in two months. Considering how bad it was, that's enormous. There are still spots here and there around my face, but the biggest difference is on my neck. The discoloration has faded to a light pinkish-brown. In other words - it looks like skin! You would really have to look hard to see the sun and hormone damage now.

"Pseudo"-Rosacea: I say "pseudo" because I was never really diagnosed, although several people on the MUA message boards suggested I check it out with a derm. My face - my nose, especially - would turn red and mottled at almost anything. Laughing, crying, eating hot food, eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, walking in cold weather, etc., etc. My kids used to even make fun of me and my red nose! On a scale of 1-10 as far as how much this bothered me, I'd say it was a 7. Green Cream has helped this 90%. It's a miracle. My skin is even toned and it stays that way.

Sagging skin: The thing I've always been most happy with is my bone structure, chin and neck in particular. Well, getting jowls and a wattle was hard for me. Once I was reading a book to my kids and one of them reached over and grabbed under my neck and said "Gobble, gobble, gobble!" I laughed, but... I accept that sagging is inevitable, but it really accelerated this last year. I just figured I'd have to live with it, but at the same time, rating how much this bothered me on a 10-scale - 10! I would say that Green Cream has remedied this by 25-30%. That might not sound like much, but I think it makes at least five years difference in how aged my skin looks. I'm soooo grateful for this result.

Wrinkles: Well, this was why I bought the Green Cream. This has been tough. People quit this product because with some people [if not all] wrinkles can appear to get worse before they get better. That was certainly the case with me. It didn't help that I overdid the Green Cream around my eyes [where the wrinkles are worst, of course] and really irritated the skin. One of the partners of AST, who make Green Cream, provided excellent customer service, helping me recover from my "overdose". Even after that healed, though, I still had lines around the eyes that looked worse rather than better. Except... recently. I've finally hit the turnaround mark with the retinol's effect in this regard. I'd say my wrinkles rated about a 7 on the 10-scale of skin-related blues. There's about a 15-20% improvement, but I'm not discouraged, because I think I'm just now starting to get results.

I'm not the only person to see these results. A couple weeks ago I was in a very solemn, serious business situation with people I'd worked with for several weeks last summer. It was being overseen by one of the preeminent people in the state who runs a very tight ship. At the conclusion, while I was leaving, someone who was going to be involved in - and who was integral to - the next proceeding jumped up, risking the ire of those who had to wait for her, pulled me into an alcove and said, "What did you do to your skin?!"

Then, last week, I was meeting with my financial consultant when, in the middle of the meeting, she stopped everything and asked me, "What have you been using on your face?" She's so impressed with my skin she asked that I get her some promotional materials about Green Cream that she can pass along to people she knows.

I do have to say that like all products, YMMV. I'm very retinol tolerant and was quickly up to using Green Cream twice daily and am moving to the Level 9 formula already. I never had any of the flaking or peeling others experience. I've always, however, exfoliated by dry buffing my skin at least four times a week with a rough washcloth. Other that that, my skincare regime consists of using Witch Hazel, occasional use of Hyluronic Serum under the eyes, and a rare Papaya mask. That's pretty much it. I'm trying to resist new products until I see the results of Green Cream for at least four-six months.

I'll update this review when I get there! continued >>

on 11/28/2004 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love, love, love this! I have been using it for 10 days (at night only) and have had my acne scars reduced by about 50%. I find I don't have to use as much concealer...what a joy! My skin tone is getting more uniform too; and this is only after 10 uses! I am a past Retin-A user and have only experienced the ~slightest~ peeling from this product. It's not the kind where you start peeling and then it leads to more and more and suddenly you're a flaky mess... This is just a couple spots, peel the skin, and then you're fine. My mineral makeup goes on much more smoothly too. Besides that I've had no stinging or burning at all. If I could give this 6 lippies I would. This is for the level 6 cream BTW. ***UPDATE*** okay it's been another week and I still luv my green cream. Still some slight peeling but that is so minor considering the results I continue to see. My acne scars are even more lessened, my skin feels plumper and more toned, and here's the biggest pro...I didn't even get an Aunt Flo zit this month! Not even one! I'm sure I'll be raving about this product in another week or so! ***UPDATE*** (sigh) somehow this stopped working for me and caused rashy red bumps all over. how can this happen after a month of positive results??? i'm gonna discontinue for now and will try another time. my initial results were too good to forget!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I used this for about six months. The first month I used it twice a week. Two days after application my face would become very red. Three days after application I would lightly peel. I gradually increased to using it every other day. The peeling stopped, but the redness never subsided.

I think my skin is just too thin to handle this stuff. In fact, I tried this in the hopes that my skin would thicken a bit. Of course, six months is too little time to see evidence of thickening, but I couldn't continue the experiment- the redness was just too intense.

I have very fair, combination, thirty-four year old skin, with little to no visible sun damage.

Ingredients: Deionized water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel, octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, TEA-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium EDTA. May contain FD & C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1, red 3. continued >>