Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Filtered by skin type : Other
Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.3

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

After 7 years bad luck with my skin, I finally decided to give retinol products a try. I have combo skin, and my forehead is my problem area. I guess the skin there is just thick and sundamaged, and doesn't exfoliate well anymore. AHA's were marginally helpful, but didn't eliminate the clogged pores that constantly plagued me. BHA (Paula's choice 2% liquid) did virtually nothing that I could see. Level 6 Green Cream is the first product I've ever used that made a substantial difference for my type of acne, which is mostly non-inflamed and comedogenic. In the 4-5 weeks I've been using it, I've been able to work up to twice daily applications in my t-zone. I had some peeling/very slight purging at first, but that seems to have passed. My skin still isn't perfect. I have some tiny clogged pores, and some red marks that are lingering, but the results are dramatic nonetheless. My forehead is much smoother, and more even toned. With just a few dabs of concealer I can go out and feel confident instead of embarassed about my appearance. It's been very worth it for me, but I don't like the price. I looked into getting an RX for Retin-A, since I thought my insurance would cover it, but it won't! Jerks. Apparantly, I am considered too old. They think that at 31, I must have wrinkles, not acne. Wrong! I have only the finest of fine lines, and I don't even care about those. Well, I could try to appeal and get a note from the derm, blah blah, but after reading about online pharmacies like medsmex.com and alldaychemist, I decided to go that route. You can buy a number of tubes of prescription strength tretinoin for the same price as an ounce of Green Cream. Still, if you can't use Retin-A for some reason, Green Cream is a very recommendable product, and I think that with continued use, my skin would improve more and more. But at $40-50/ ounce that lasts 3-4 weeks, Retin A is longer lasting and therefore a better value.

on 5/9/2007 2:41:00 PM

I used Level 6 for over two years, and it was my HG. It did help a LOT with my clogged pores, and plumped up my fine lines. Very happy with it. My mistake was trying Level 9. After two+ years of Level 6, I bought Level 9 and burned my face pretty badly. It took a few weeks for the redness to go away, and a few months for the sensitivity to go down. My skin still can't tolerate even Level 6 now. I tried to exchange the Level 9, but Linda Sy said I had waited over 30 days from my purchase date, so I couldn't exchange it.

I am taking a break from Green Cream these days.

I have tried Retin A many, many times and each time I have to discontinue use because the product leaves my skin raw and red. I try going very slow and conservatively but it doesn't seem to matter. My skin and Retin A just don't mesh. Now along came Green Cream. To be honest, since it was "just a retinol", I was a bit leery that it wouldn't be near strong enough to cause noticeable improvements in my skin. Well, it turns out that I was wrong, wrong, wrong. However they produce this product, it ends up allowing me to get the active ingredient to my skin in a manner that doesn't rip apart my skin or greatly damage the skin barrier. Retin A is great if you can use it! But, I couldn't so I am very grateful for the GC 6 that is part of my nightly routine.

on 12/21/2006 8:55:00 PM

I'm in the minority here, but I just don't think this product is for me. I've been using the level 6 cream and am almost through the first bottle. I did experience some flaking at first, but that was to be expected and not severe, although I still do get flakes on my nose which is annoying. I don't have acne-prone skin, but I do have large, easily-clogged pores on my nose and am prone to uneveness and slight redness which is what I was hoping this product would help with. Well, nothing has really happened and, in fact, I find my skin looks worse on the days after I use it at night (I use it about 4 times a week). I'm 29 with no fine lines, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness in that department. I'll finish up the bottle since I hate throwing things away, but I don't see a re-purchase in my future.

I've been using Green Cream since July when I read about it on lindasy.com and ordered 2 samples. Had wanted to but was afraid to use a retinol product previously because of extremely sensitive skin with occasional eczema and rosacea flare-ups. But I started out slowly on beginner's level 3, only using it twice a week and working up to twice a day, and have now advanced to stronger level 6. I knocked it down a rating point because of the light peeling I've experienced, along with a couple of flare-ups of bad irritation. I almost quit because my skin was red and burning so bad for a couple of days earlier this month, although I was under a lot of stress at the time. I understand results with this product are not overnight, but I can honestly say that so far it's made a modest improvement in my skin and has actually reversed some of the sun damage on my neck, so I'm sticking with it.

on 9/6/2006 6:39:00 PM

I've been using Green Cream since last October of 2005. It's a product that I wouldn't be without. After spending so much on high end products such as Kinerase and La Mer, it's great to be using one that actually works! I've had significant improvement in the neck area and fine lines by my eyes. It has also helped with a more even skin tone and blackheads. I use level 6 on my face and alternate between 3 and 6 on my neck. On my next order, I'm going to level 9 for the face.

on 11/3/2005 8:21:00 AM

I don't know why this product get such great reviews! It did nothing for my skin but make it more oily. I'm 24 years old and don't have a lot of wrinkles but I have used prescription retinol products and do see a difference on my skin. I think this does absolutely nothing and is a huge waste of money. On top of that the customer service is terrible. After a week I had not received my order so I emailed to enquire and got no response! Like I said I don't know why everyone likes this but I generally don't hate anything and I do this!!

on 5/25/2005 8:59:00 AM

I purchased a small sample of Green Creme off Linda Sys website due to the recommendations here and was very happy with it.
I have a couple of horizontal neck "bands" I need help with.
NO other over the counter retinol product made any dent of any kind in helping smooth or diminish them.They did nothing for me.
Well, I found this Green creme DOES work. :)
So far in the month and a half I have had it (I now have the full size bottle)there has been a smoothing of my neck area.Also,the lines themselves are somewhat diminished.I have had no irritation or peeling whatsoever either with this product.
Definitely going to continue as I have read best results could take some more months.That is fine by me -great product!PLEASE DO GIVE THIS A TRY.

on 4/21/2005 6:37:00 AM

This is a very early review for this product as I've only been uging it for a week, though I bought it 6 months ago! Well, initially I was nervous to use such a potent/stroke harsh treatment but have been surprised at how mild this is. I feel no sensitivity/irritation/peeling at all with this- just a cool pleasant gel/cream on my face. However, I've got to say after using this on a naked face for a week now I've seen nothing to suggest that it is actually doing anything for me. Perhaps it is too early to tell , I will post in a weeks time .

I would have to agree with nearly every reviewer here that Green Cream is great stuff. I have been using it since July 2004 and it has greatly improved the texture of my skin with no irritation or reaction. Green cream is sold in both dermatologists' offices and at day spas as I suspect it is too potent of product to retail to the general public without informing them of the proper use of the product.

I don't quite understand the review below by lizzie29, seems almost like slander or someone with a vendetta, but oh well. :) Have a nice day.