Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

I have been using Green Cream for about 15 years. My cosmetologist recommended it. I know this works. I started with level 3 and now using level 9. I had peeling when I first started using and was very happy about it. It meant it was actually working. You can add a moisturizer when applying it if you have any irritation. Everyone’s skin is different and it may take some trial and error on how often you should use it.
I hard to stay out of the sun or wear an SPF hat. However I still get brown spots on my cheeks during the spring and summer. This absolutely gets rid of brown spots.

I wish I had photos. They completely go away. It evens out my skin tone so I feel it’s ok if I go without makeup. I am in my mid 60s and everyone tells me I look like I’m in my 40’s. I do not have a lot of wrinkles. I have no doubt Green Cream is keeping me looking younger.

I like that it is not advertised so it can keep the cost down. The container it comes in is airtight and the pump allows you to get as much or as little as you need. The cream goes on smoothly. I am so grateful I was told about it and recommend it to everyone that mentions my skin or asks me what I use.
I rely on reviews when I’m researching anything. And I often worry if any of the 5 star reviews are phony.
I would give this 10 stars if I could. The container lasts a long time. You will see noticeable results long before to need to reorder. Give it a try.

on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM

I love this stuff. And no, I have no relationship with the company whatsoever. I use it for the anti-wrinkle properties, not for acne.
If they ever stop making it I don't know what I'll do. I have very few wrinkles and I'm 53. I had more when I started using the stuff - about 5 years ago. People routinely mistake me for 10 years younger, or more.

Tips: 1)Start with Level 3 (the weakest) and move up, slowly, slowly, slowly. If your skin gets irritated, back off for a day or two. It took me a year to work up to Level 9.
2) Use a BHA product to keep your pores cleared out- for some reason GC aggravates my adult acne if I do not use BHA (I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA) BHA in the day, GC at night.
3)Keep using sunscreen! No reason to ruin the good that GC does.

on 10/26/2011 2:25:00 PM

First let me say that I am a very strong believer in OTC Retinol products used in the PM and Vitamin C serums used in the AM. This combination does work, not overnight, but after 30-60 days you will begin to see a difference!!!! [depending of course on how much sun damage your skin has].

I began using OTC Retinol's about 4 years ago, starting with AfirmX cream, and this product is excellent! I began with Afirm's 1X moving to 2X and finally to the 3X [strongest] over a period of months. I did have to return to the 2X after a few weeks of using 3X as it was too strong for my fairly sensitive skin.

Then at the beginning of 2011, I discovered Green Cream. Again I started with the lowest dosage [Level 3] and progressed to Level 6 [ tried a sample size of the Level 9 but it was like Afirms 3X, just too strong for my skin] so I stayed with Level 6 which is equivalent in strength to Afirm's "too strong for me" 3X cream. After doing some research, I discovered that the reason my skin would tolerate GC's Level 6 but not Afirm's 3X was that the Green Cream is formulated so that those of us with fairly sensitive skin can use a stronger dosage without the ugly flaky side affects found with using stronger levels Retinols. It is for this reason only that I switched from Afirm to GC and why I stay with the GC. Both are great products.

If you have never used a Retinol product I would encourage you to begin with the lowest level and if that is tolerated well then advance to the next level. Please don't "jump" into the strongest level of either of these Retinol products in the beginning, do play it safe!

on 3/17/2010 8:43:00 AM

I had fine lines around my eyes and lips, some breakouts, lots of bumps and blackheads and discoloration due to sun exposure. I have been using GC Level 6 nightly for about a month and love it. My skin is clear! No bumps, no blackheads, no breakouts. It's too soon to tell about the fine lines.

As others have reported this leaves your skin moist but not oily. I apply it every night and have had only very minor peeling on the tip of my nose.

on 1/26/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I first used Green Cream about 7 or 8 years ago, and it was the first real "antiaging" product I'd ever tried. I'd recently read about Green Cream, but I didn't know anything about retinols (or any other biologically active skin care ingredients). I was in my late 30's and I'd decided I needed to start paying attention to the care of my skin. I'd noticed lines beginning between my eyebrows, and I wasn't about to let them stick around without a fight. Back then, my experience with skin care was limited, at best. Basically, for about 25 years, I'd regularly used what I thought of as an all-purpose wash and, if-needed- moisturizer: Noxzema. (Stop snickering, it's really cheap.) During my first couple of years of using Green Cream, I had an extreme love-hate relationship with it. At times, I had quite a bit of uncomfortable and unsightly peeling and drying. Plus, I would get that nasty "crepey eye" problem. This completely defeated the purpose using of an anti-aging product, considering it made me look around 15 years older. However, when regularly using Green Cream (and sucking it up during the Lizard Stages), I eventually always saw very positive results. They were definitely good enough to make me want to figure out how best to make this product work for me. My sudden interest in antiaging had brought with it a complete lack of understanding of the specific synergies of active and inactive ingredients in skincare products. Based on recommendations, blogs, ads, boards, etc. I had learned about BHAs, aspirin masks, toners, etc., and I used them all...including Green Cream. I think I actually created skin irritation and problems for myself, because I'd never heard of "delivery systems", or"skin identical" ingredients. It's so exciting to see real results from an OTC skin care product, that it's tempting to try to use more than really needed, to get accelerated results, and to think that using lots of different products will cover any possible skin issue. I didn't realize it, but I was overapplying Green Cream in an attempt to evenly cover my whole face. Plus, I was using it in conjunction with many products that didn't do well with retinol. I hadn't learned that serums sort of "migrate" into your skin, and too much cream actually inhibits the way the skin responds to retinol. I had applied Green Cream as though it was a typical night-time moisturizer. After trial and error, I learned that I need half the amount of what I already thought was a skimpy squirt! Perfect application for me is one half-pump, (meaning I press the pump about half way down.) A "full" pump, (pushed all the way down) is more than I need for my whole face. Now I use level six every night and I don't get crepes, or flakes, or redness. The Green Cream company says to put a "pea" sized amount over the whole face, and they're not kidding. Green Cream is the most outstanding skin product I've found for improving and maintaining my facial skin. I've alternated usage of it with other OTC retinols for the last several years, in attempts at finding OTC "cosmetics" that had pharmaceutical functions for enhancing skin health. Out of every concoction I've used (Alpha Hydrox - Neutrogena - Paula's Choice -Avene - Philosophy - Skinceuticals, to name a few,) with regular usage, Green Cream, by far, does the most for my skin. I love Dermadoctor's Poetry In Lotion, but it does not work as well as Green Cream for clogged pores and breakouts. Plus, I've found Green Cream to be much gentler than most other OTC retinols I've used (with the exception of Poetry In Lotion). Green Cream absorbs so quickly into my skin I can't even tell I have anything on my face, and it smells and feels soothing and refreshing. Results are noticeable within the first week of applications. I'm 44, with medium skin that tans very easily. This tanning ability always made it easy for me to forget sunscreen, or think I didn't need it. Thanks to "great" tans during the first half of my life, having 3 kids, and living in a sunny climate, without regular usage of retinol and skin exfoliants, my skin now gets blotchy, melasma appears, and my skin can look drawn and sallow. I have a couple of fine lines, but no deep wrinkles, yet, and I want to keep it that way as long as I can. Mostly I try to combat pigmentation problems, fill-in my pores, and prevent further damage. Green Cream makes my skin so smooth and glowy, I don't even need foundation. (Seriously, I don't want to cover up my nice-looking skin!). I do double-takes at my own reflection, because I can't believe how good my skin looks. Green Cream helps my irregular skin pigmentation (melasma, sun spots) to look more even, and makes my skin clear and radiant. These days my skin resembles the skin I so took for granted in my younger days. Green Cream also smooths-over my pores, and it seems to help light spots become less visible. When I was pregnant two years ago, I couldn't use it, but I was surprised to see how quickly it worked to get my skin back into shape after my daughter was born. I had been so worried about the condition of my skin, but Green Cream helped me completely bounce back in about two months. My skin feels soft, and smooth, with absolutely 0 stickiness or oils. I cannot use Green Cream regularly on my neck or around my eyes, so I alternate it with Poetry in Lotion for these areas. Green Cream, unlike anything else I've tried, makes my skin feel "plumped", and more elastic; in a word, younger. It's amazing stuff. Green Cream is reasonably priced. I'd pay more for it, because it truly works for me, but I'm glad GC is still so affordable, esp. because it's unique.

on 1/6/2010 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been searching diligently for a facial treatment that would clean up my fine lines, dents, and blemishes. With so many products on the market, this becomes very expensive. So, I figured educating myself was the best place to start.

After reading MUA reviews and searching the literature, I found Green Cream Level 6 works best for me. It has a cooling effect when applied and over the course of a few weeks, its effects are noticeable. Fine lines and weird blotches start to diminish and my skin looks and feels smoother. I simply apply this once every evening with no mess or irritation. The retinol in it is really effective on maintaining healthy skin and that it is housed in an aloe based gel is neat since that itself is loaded with amino acids and is very kind to the skin.

I put some of the websites I visited in my notepad in hopes that it will help other folks looking to treat their skin. These sites provide information on vitamins and other compounds that have an effect on skin. I figure an educated consumer makes a better investment without wasting money on useless products.

on 10/13/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome, effective product. Fair priced for what you get. It is used sparingly and lasts a long time. I started with Level 3 and then moved onto Level 6 for about three bottles time. I am now using 6 and 9, alternatively.

This product works!!! The texture of my skin when I use it religiously is fantastic! When I skip it, for example when it was summertime and I laid off of it altogether, my skin really was inferior. Consistency is important.

This product brings clarity, cleans out pores and blackheads, tightens pores, makes skin look plumper and firmer and smooths out fine lines. It helps fade discoloration and really gives the skin vitality. I love this product and am soooo glad I discovered it a couple of years ago.

I will say that if you are not used to retinols, start slowly! Work your way up bit by bit. Start at level 3 if you have sensitive skin, or maybe 6 if you think your skin is a bit more hardy. You may want to start out using it every other night. Go to the message boards for more advice and info at the Green Cream website if you want. I looked over there a lot when I started and it was helpful. Be patient - you WILL see results but there may be an adjustment period at first. Stick it out, be patient and you WILL see awesome results!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ok so im using level 6 i love it. it literally has saved me from my gross clogged pores. i went on accutane and got off a few months ago and about a month ago my skin started getting really congested :( so i got this and within a few weeks my skin didnt have anymore clogged pores! the only bad thing is its $60 for a product that lasts little more than a month and i cannot afford it. SO beginning this thursday (my appt with my derm) i will be hopefully be going on either retin a/retin a micro/or differin. HOPEfully another retinol works just as well because if not im going to be very sad :(

on 9/10/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been eyeing green cream for a few years now, and finally took the plunge. So far, I'm very pleased. I'd rate it a '5', but I've only used it for a few weeks now.

I'm 34, and over the past few years my skin has become extremely dry. I intitally attributed it moving to a very cold and dry area of the northeast, but after moving back to the southeast and enjoying one of the rainest summers ever, I've realized the dry skin is here to stay. It became so bad, that I developed eczema for the first time in my life. I still had pimples but they were horrible because my skin was so dry- deep, almost cystic like, and impossible to eradicate. I also noticed that my feckles were merging together, almost giving me a fair-skin melasma even though I'm very careful about sun exposure. I've tried everything, topical and supplement, before finally doing some more research.

So- I broke down and bought the green cream level 6. Other AHA's and benzoyl wreck havoc on my face so I was a little concerned about buying level 6 but couldn't quite bring myself to pay almost as much to buy level 3. I also use cetaphil acne bar to wash with, and olay total effects as a day time moisturizer.

I am amazed! What surprised me the most is how well my skin has handled GC. I started using it on a night before several days off, just in case I had a reaction, and I've used it every night since. The very first morning I could tell a difference in how soft my skin was. Before, no amount of exfoliation and moisturizer could penetrate my skin, now I've ditched exfoliation entirely. No more product roulette- trying to find something that helps- GC is for me!! I'm even considering buying level 9 the next time.... I am just amazed at how well my skin has tolerated GC. The deep almost cystic-like acne is gone. The dry flakies are gone. My freckles are back to normal. What small wrinkles I had- greatly enhanced by the super dry skin- are minimal. The little whiteheads I've had on the middle of my chin since I was 12 are disappearing. My skin and old acne scars are becoming smooth, and when I touch my face, it is 'moist', but not oily. I just can't say enough good things about it!!

GC deserves to have the snapple logo in my book- it's truly the best stuff on earth.

***UPDATE***
After using GC for a while, my skin started to get really irritated. I think it's because I finally had enough skin cell turnover to have mostly new skin instead of several layers of old dry skin. I woke one morning to find my face peeling ala post sunburn. Mild, but not pretty. I stopped the GC for several days, babied my skin, and have slowly worked my up to every other night. It was worth it, though. My skin continues to improve. I'll hold off on buying level 9 for a while.

***Update 2***
I worked through the irritation and slowly increased my usage. Once I could tolerate GC6 twice daily, I moved up to GC9. I'm now using it nightly and my skin continues to improve.
Beyond the improvement of fine lines and discoloration, I am over the moon about the improvement of my dry skin and acne. I'm now 35, and this is the first time in 23 years that I have not had pimples, blackheads, etc. On the rare occasion I start to develop a blemish, I apply a teeny amount of GC to the problem area a couple of extra times a day and the next day, it's gone. I'm even considering buying level 3 for my teenager.
After decades of trying one thing after another I have found simplicity. I use a mild cleanser, GC at night, a moisturizer/sunblock in the AM. Other than makeup, that's it.

on 1/18/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

EDIT: Dec 30/ 2010

I am still using this. I tried using rx strength retinoids in the reg Retin A and the Micro formula and I could not use it. I was so flaky and red that I couldn't leave the house. SO I started using this again and this is still great. For the money, this is the most effective retinol I have used and I have tried at least 6 high strength kinds & numerous lower concentrations. Anyone with acne ( I have cystic) and mature skins should try this.

Original:

I have been using this product for over a year now, and I can safely say that this is one of my HG products.

I have very oily (but also extremely prone to flaky skin in the winter) skin that is chronically breaking out. I don't have acne everywhere, mostly big nodules on my chin. But I usually have one or two either healing, coming up to the surface, or ready to get popped.

I have used OTC retinoids in the past, and I liked the results I got from them, but they were very subtle.

I was using MaMa Lotion for all of my red scars. I always get them after a pimple goes way, sometimes they are very dark red & stick around for a year! MaMa Lotion is great for fading those spots FAST, But I felt like I needed something more, I am aging...

So I got Green Cream based on the reviews I read here.

Now, I have pretty tough skin, and I was already using a strong chemical exfoliant so i started with Level 9, I also wanted to get the most for my money.

With MUA discount from Skincarerx.com, I always get 20% off. I even got 30% off this holiday season with a coupon code they sent me.

I did not flake at all when I started using this. You should never mix acids with retinoids, they actually will hamper the effectiveness of the other item. So I use Green Cream 4 times a week and MaMa Lotion twice a week, all spread out through the week.

So this is what it has done for my skin :)

Breakouts are very rare. Only get flare-ups when I am extra stressed, or don't get enough sleep.

Skin is SOOO SOFT & looks very "clear", that translucent look.

Red marks fades very fast.

Retinoids build collagen, my face is still firm, but I feel (?) like it is not losing any elasticity.

Freckles are faded by at least three shades.

I love this, to me it is pretty gentle. As I get older, I am noticing that I am not as oily as I used to be, and I still damn oily, but this helps a lot with that too.

My pores are small, but this also keeps blackheads to a minimum, I notice how much gunk I have when I don't use this for a few days, like when I'm traveling & don't bring it with me.

I started using this last winter, I am ONLY ON MY SECOND BOTTLE!!!! And I just cracked this baby open after Thanksgiving.

I kind of use a lot too, but don't use too much. Once I gave myself a burn when I accidentally pumped out too much & didn't want to waste it, so I slathered it all over my face. BAD MOVE.

The packaging kicks ass, I know when I'm low by the weight of the bottle, you can kind of feel it when it's low.

Very affordable & WORKS.

Try it if you have acne, scars, concerned about aging, or have sun spots.