Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 4/8/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I used Level 6. This did not work for me at all. After 3 months of diligent use, my skin is rougher, my acne worse and of a more severe kind, and no effect on my fine lines at all. The packaging is good, but it would help if the contents were worth the price!

on 12/10/2007 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really had high hopes for this product. Nut, unfortunately I got increased redness and irritation with this product.

I used the both Level 6 &9 strengths (at different times of course). And, my skin became much drier and more sensitive. And, there is a noticeable ethanol smell to Green Cream. Of which, I came to feel very nervous about.

i have been using the Level 9 every night for 11 months now. i have oily skin with visible pores and was hoping this would decrease both oil production and pore size but it did neither. it didnt really help minimize the breakouts i get now and then. in fact my skin looks exactly as it did before i began use of this product. i know this product claims to be as effective as Retin-A, but I have used Retin-A in the past and can say this product simply is not as strong.

on 1/5/2007 6:38:00 PM

I'm not really impressed. I've used up my sample of this and haven't noticed any significant improvements in my complexion (I jumped straight to 6 since I have tough, resistant skin). In fact, I broke out quite badly last month (due to stress, I think) and this did nothing to help. It didn't hurt (I'm not attributing the break-out to GC, though I'd be remiss to not mention it) but it didn't do anything positive either. I would not repurchase. I'm currently testing Avene's retinaldehyde products and am hoping they'll work out better for me than Green Cream did.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product did absolutely nothing for me. Normally I only give 1-lippie reviews to products that actually affect my skin in a negative way, but for a product to have such high claims, hype, and cost, I expected something. It gave my skin that retinoid sensitivity and flakiness so that everything I tried to apply to my skin burned, but made no difference in terms of pore size or cloginess, skin tone/evenness, acne or acne marks. I used level 6 and used it for several months without result. Because the salon I bought it from -- according to the website, the only salon in the San Diego area that sells it, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it there due to their return policy -- doesn't accept returns, it was $50 down the drain. That's nearly twice what much larger tubes of rx skin treatments cost under my insurance! I would expect this from a $10 antiaging treatment but $50 is too much to pay for absolutely no result. Meanwhile my Alpha Hydrox souffle does everything I expected the Green Cream to do based on these reviews for $16, without making my skin overly sensitive. continued >>

on 11/27/2006 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm one of the few who didn't benefit from this product. I've used it for a year religiously hoping that it would get better, but it never did. I even joined the green cream forum to work it out, but after a year of trying I realized that this product just wasn't for me. I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and the green cream didn't help improve any of my skin issues. I've never stop breaking out and my skin became more sensitive even through moisturizing and applying high sunscreen. Also, it didn't do anything for my blackheads. No skincare benefit everyone and the green cream is no exception.

on 2/18/2006 5:23:00 PM

Unfortunately my skin had a bad allergic reaction to this product - although I should point out often my sensitive skin reacts to retinol and (weirdly) aloe-vera. I used a tiny bit every 3-4 days as recommended. After the first night I started breaking out in welts on my chin. After the second application the welts got worse and my skin felt rashy. I discontinued use and my skin recovered in about 1-2 weeks. I'd encourage people with sensitive skin to buy a sample size and test for sensitivities first before applying to the whole face.

on 1/31/2006 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I wish I could say it worked miracles on my skin, but it actually did the reverse. The first few days of GC Level 3 use were promising: it absorbed rapidly, only burned a little upon application, and didn't leave my skin looking red or irritated. I was a bit concerned because I have an alcohol sensitivity that normally renders my skin unable to tolerate even the smallest % in a face product. That sensitivity caught up with me after a few days (my face swells, it's not pretty!, and turns an ugly bronzey shade) and I stopped use for about a week, then resumed use only 2x week. My face was an absolute mess. The swelling did not abate, and stubborn, scaly dry patches cropped up everywhere (how many were a product of the alcohol base and which were retinol-related, or both, I can't say). The dry patches were resistant to the most emollient moisturizer I could find. Needless to say, I gave up on GC after a couple of weeks. One week later, using my super-gentle Dove foaming cleanser and forgoing all face products, I'm still a bit swollen. I'm thinking of trying Avene Retrinal next, since it's supposed to be much gentler than retinol on super-sensitive skin like mine.

on 11/3/2005 8:21:00 AM

I don't know why this product get such great reviews! It did nothing for my skin but make it more oily. I'm 24 years old and don't have a lot of wrinkles but I have used prescription retinol products and do see a difference on my skin. I think this does absolutely nothing and is a huge waste of money. On top of that the customer service is terrible. After a week I had not received my order so I emailed to enquire and got no response! Like I said I don't know why everyone likes this but I generally don't hate anything and I do this!!

EDIT:down to 1 lippie...the purging didn't ever end. I was left with peeling,crepey skin, and acne marks that are taking forever to fade. Glad this worked for others, but it just didn't work for me.