Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.1

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 1/27/2005 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

It's not fair to review a product that does not promise full results for three to six months after only about two months of use. So, having used Green Cream for only a couple months, I consider this an interim review.

I bought the product hoping for help with wrinkles. To my surprise, it's helped with much more.

I'm 47 years old. I've always looked younger, but 2004 was a hard year and I looked awful by the time it was coming to a close. Here are some of the skin problems I had:

Hyperpigmentation: I grew up on the beach and my best friend and I used to compete with each other to have the darkest tans in school. It wasn't until my late 30's that I got out of the sun and started applying sunscreen on a semi-regular basis. Additionally, I've always had hormone problems and had to take BCPs for years and years. The result was some blotchy hyperpigmentation that "framed" the edges of my face and huge purplish-brown swaths of skin on the sides of my neck. My neck, especially, bothered me. It looked dirty at best. Rating how self-conscious and miserable it made me on a scale of 1-10, I'd give this an 8. Green Cream has improved this by at least 60-70% in two months. Considering how bad it was, that's enormous. There are still spots here and there around my face, but the biggest difference is on my neck. The discoloration has faded to a light pinkish-brown. In other words - it looks like skin! You would really have to look hard to see the sun and hormone damage now.

"Pseudo"-Rosacea: I say "pseudo" because I was never really diagnosed, although several people on the MUA message boards suggested I check it out with a derm. My face - my nose, especially - would turn red and mottled at almost anything. Laughing, crying, eating hot food, eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, walking in cold weather, etc., etc. My kids used to even make fun of me and my red nose! On a scale of 1-10 as far as how much this bothered me, I'd say it was a 7. Green Cream has helped this 90%. It's a miracle. My skin is even toned and it stays that way.

Sagging skin: The thing I've always been most happy with is my bone structure, chin and neck in particular. Well, getting jowls and a wattle was hard for me. Once I was reading a book to my kids and one of them reached over and grabbed under my neck and said "Gobble, gobble, gobble!" I laughed, but... I accept that sagging is inevitable, but it really accelerated this last year. I just figured I'd have to live with it, but at the same time, rating how much this bothered me on a 10-scale - 10! I would say that Green Cream has remedied this by 25-30%. That might not sound like much, but I think it makes at least five years difference in how aged my skin looks. I'm soooo grateful for this result.

Wrinkles: Well, this was why I bought the Green Cream. This has been tough. People quit this product because with some people [if not all] wrinkles can appear to get worse before they get better. That was certainly the case with me. It didn't help that I overdid the Green Cream around my eyes [where the wrinkles are worst, of course] and really irritated the skin. One of the partners of AST, who make Green Cream, provided excellent customer service, helping me recover from my "overdose". Even after that healed, though, I still had lines around the eyes that looked worse rather than better. Except... recently. I've finally hit the turnaround mark with the retinol's effect in this regard. I'd say my wrinkles rated about a 7 on the 10-scale of skin-related blues. There's about a 15-20% improvement, but I'm not discouraged, because I think I'm just now starting to get results.

I'm not the only person to see these results. A couple weeks ago I was in a very solemn, serious business situation with people I'd worked with for several weeks last summer. It was being overseen by one of the preeminent people in the state who runs a very tight ship. At the conclusion, while I was leaving, someone who was going to be involved in - and who was integral to - the next proceeding jumped up, risking the ire of those who had to wait for her, pulled me into an alcove and said, "What did you do to your skin?!"

Then, last week, I was meeting with my financial consultant when, in the middle of the meeting, she stopped everything and asked me, "What have you been using on your face?" She's so impressed with my skin she asked that I get her some promotional materials about Green Cream that she can pass along to people she knows.

I do have to say that like all products, YMMV. I'm very retinol tolerant and was quickly up to using Green Cream twice daily and am moving to the Level 9 formula already. I never had any of the flaking or peeling others experience. I've always, however, exfoliated by dry buffing my skin at least four times a week with a rough washcloth. Other that that, my skincare regime consists of using Witch Hazel, occasional use of Hyluronic Serum under the eyes, and a rare Papaya mask. That's pretty much it. I'm trying to resist new products until I see the results of Green Cream for at least four-six months.

I'll update this review when I get there! continued >>

on 4/20/2005 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For some reason I can't update my review below [please scroll down several posts to see my earlier review] despite several frustrating tries - so I'm adding this one.

At this point I feel like Green Cream has done all it can for me. Which has been substantial.

My "Pseudo"-Rosacea is 100% gone. My skin tone is even all the time. My hyperpigmentation is almost unnoticeable. My jowls and wattle are not gone, but they've improved enough that I don't feel like crying when I look in the mirror. And my wrinkles are somewhat smoother.

Some of these results are dramatic and others aren't. I wasn't looking to rid myself of the hyperpigmentation and the rosacea, but I got a complete cure for both those flaws. I was hoping [unrealistically] for my wrinkles to totally disappear and my skin to completely regain firmness and that didn't happen - even though those things ARE better. But even those that aren't dramatically improved still show far more improvement than any other product has ever given me. I will probably be a lifelong Green Cream user.

One thing I would do differently is to avoid application in the eye area. The "crepey-eye" syndrome is not worth dealing with to me. Or, I would buffer before using Green Cream around the eyes. Or, as I've read of some people doing, just use Green Cream in the eye area once a week. If you do happen to get a severe case of "crepey-eyes" just one overnight application of hydrocortisone cream will significantly help turn things around.

As for the rest of your face - I really think you have to "listen" to your skin and apply the Green Cream accordingly. I have very retinol-tolerant skin and I can use the product twice daily with no irritation, peeling or flaking. Most people are more sensitive to the retinol and get their best results by using once daily or every other day. Some can only use a couple times a week. The important thing is that you find the balance between overdoing it and getting enough of the product so that it can do its magic. Again, just pay attention to results/reactions and adjust application accordingly.

Also, I used almost nothing but Green Cream for about six months just so I could be sure that the product was what was really giving me the results. Only recently, I started using other things, too. I have to say that Vitamin C serum improves the Green Cream results even more. Make sure to get a good serum that uses the proper form of the C vitamin. If you do a search of the skin care board here on MUA, you'll find lots of help regarding how to find an effective C serum.

The Green Cream packaging is great. Very hygenic and also designed to protect the product from exposure to light [since light diminishes the efficacy]. But, the drawback is that you can be running out and not realize it. Given that this is a product that must be ordered and shipped, it's a drag to be caught short. I really felt that my skin started to "backslide" during the time it took for me to get my order, so now I have one bottle I'm using and one in reserve. This is a tip I'm sure only one in 10 Green Cream users will ever need considering that 1.) I'm a twice daily Level 9 user so I probably run out faster than most people; and, 2.) I'm probably being fanatical. :) Another tip I learned here on the MUA boards is that if you remove the bottom cover of the dispenser, you can see how much product is left.

Green Cream is strong stuff. I'm surprised at seeing posts from young teenagers and people with skin problems who use the product without doctor's supervision. At the very least, I would recommend that those people use the AST Green Cream Community Board frequently and go slowly with the product.

Speaking of slowly, the Green Cream makers do not promise overnight results. I admire their integrity in doing this. They stand behind the science of retinol - studies of which indicate that best results are not seen for about four to six months. So...another key component in you skincare regime when you add Green Cream is patience. And I can tell you - hang in there! It will pay off.

I just got carded for the second time in the past couple months. I'm almost 48. This would never have happened before Green Cream. Okay... Green Cream AND MakeUpAlley - which keeps me motivated to take care of my skin. I'm very grateful to MUA - without which I would never have found Green Cream - and everyone who posts here. continued >>

on 1/26/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I first used Green Cream about 7 or 8 years ago, and it was the first real "antiaging" product I'd ever tried. I'd recently read about Green Cream, but I didn't know anything about retinols (or any other biologically active skin care ingredients). I was in my late 30's and I'd decided I needed to start paying attention to the care of my skin. I'd noticed lines beginning between my eyebrows, and I wasn't about to let them stick around without a fight. Back then, my experience with skin care was limited, at best. Basically, for about 25 years, I'd regularly used what I thought of as an all-purpose wash and, if-needed- moisturizer: Noxzema. (Stop snickering, it's really cheap.) During my first couple of years of using Green Cream, I had an extreme love-hate relationship with it. At times, I had quite a bit of uncomfortable and unsightly peeling and drying. Plus, I would get that nasty "crepey eye" problem. This completely defeated the purpose using of an anti-aging product, considering it made me look around 15 years older. However, when regularly using Green Cream (and sucking it up during the Lizard Stages), I eventually always saw very positive results. They were definitely good enough to make me want to figure out how best to make this product work for me. My sudden interest in antiaging had brought with it a complete lack of understanding of the specific synergies of active and inactive ingredients in skincare products. Based on recommendations, blogs, ads, boards, etc. I had learned about BHAs, aspirin masks, toners, etc., and I used them all...including Green Cream. I think I actually created skin irritation and problems for myself, because I'd never heard of "delivery systems", or"skin identical" ingredients. It's so exciting to see real results from an OTC skin care product, that it's tempting to try to use more than really needed, to get accelerated results, and to think that using lots of different products will cover any possible skin issue. I didn't realize it, but I was overapplying Green Cream in an attempt to evenly cover my whole face. Plus, I was using it in conjunction with many products that didn't do well with retinol. I hadn't learned that serums sort of "migrate" into your skin, and too much cream actually inhibits the way the skin responds to retinol. I had applied Green Cream as though it was a typical night-time moisturizer. After trial and error, I learned that I need half the amount of what I already thought was a skimpy squirt! Perfect application for me is one half-pump, (meaning I press the pump about half way down.) A "full" pump, (pushed all the way down) is more than I need for my whole face. Now I use level six every night and I don't get crepes, or flakes, or redness. The Green Cream company says to put a "pea" sized amount over the whole face, and they're not kidding. Green Cream is the most outstanding skin product I've found for improving and maintaining my facial skin. I've alternated usage of it with other OTC retinols for the last several years, in attempts at finding OTC "cosmetics" that had pharmaceutical functions for enhancing skin health. Out of every concoction I've used (Alpha Hydrox - Neutrogena - Paula's Choice -Avene - Philosophy - Skinceuticals, to name a few,) with regular usage, Green Cream, by far, does the most for my skin. I love Dermadoctor's Poetry In Lotion, but it does not work as well as Green Cream for clogged pores and breakouts. Plus, I've found Green Cream to be much gentler than most other OTC retinols I've used (with the exception of Poetry In Lotion). Green Cream absorbs so quickly into my skin I can't even tell I have anything on my face, and it smells and feels soothing and refreshing. Results are noticeable within the first week of applications. I'm 44, with medium skin that tans very easily. This tanning ability always made it easy for me to forget sunscreen, or think I didn't need it. Thanks to "great" tans during the first half of my life, having 3 kids, and living in a sunny climate, without regular usage of retinol and skin exfoliants, my skin now gets blotchy, melasma appears, and my skin can look drawn and sallow. I have a couple of fine lines, but no deep wrinkles, yet, and I want to keep it that way as long as I can. Mostly I try to combat pigmentation problems, fill-in my pores, and prevent further damage. Green Cream makes my skin so smooth and glowy, I don't even need foundation. (Seriously, I don't want to cover up my nice-looking skin!). I do double-takes at my own reflection, because I can't believe how good my skin looks. Green Cream helps my irregular skin pigmentation (melasma, sun spots) to look more even, and makes my skin clear and radiant. These days my skin resembles the skin I so took for granted in my younger days. Green Cream also smooths-over my pores, and it seems to help light spots become less visible. When I was pregnant two years ago, I couldn't use it, but I was surprised to see how quickly it worked to get my skin back into shape after my daughter was born. I had been so worried about the condition of my skin, but Green Cream helped me completely bounce back in about two months. My skin feels soft, and smooth, with absolutely 0 stickiness or oils. I cannot use Green Cream regularly on my neck or around my eyes, so I alternate it with Poetry in Lotion for these areas. Green Cream, unlike anything else I've tried, makes my skin feel "plumped", and more elastic; in a word, younger. It's amazing stuff. Green Cream is reasonably priced. I'd pay more for it, because it truly works for me, but I'm glad GC is still so affordable, esp. because it's unique.

on 1/8/2007 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Here’s my testimonial to this stuff…it rocks! After multiple failed attempts at regaining the control level of my acne problem, I used a sample of green cream. There was not enough time or product to give it a fair evaluation using just a sample so I took the plunge and ordered a full-size Level 9 bottle from an online spa. I was highly reluctant since anything with the word ‘cream’ in it scares me…my pores clog up from the word alone! I am also on prescription Retin-A, the highest strength, have been for more years than I can count, and lost the control level after some time. I was breaking out at a rate of 3 to 4 pimples a day. It was an ugly, swollen, and painful situation, which set me back and put me into tears. I have fought this disease for so long and can’t believe how it just got out of control again. My hormones were influencing this greatly but I did not want to subject myself to hormonal therapy. I do recall when I first started Retin-A therapy that it wasn’t until about 4 months that I started to see clear skin. I did go through the purge so I knew to be patient with this green cream. The very first night I used it I was shocked the next morning! I noticed a dramatic difference in my skin, especially around the chin area and the smoothness was undeniable. Although the prescription strength Retin-A has a higher percent of retinol than the green cream and one would think it would thus work better, it does not for me. The difference lies in the transport vehicle. The Retin-A is gel/cream-based and the green cream is a gel-based polymer. It is quite cooling when applied. You really can’t form a ‘pea’ when you squirt this stuff out so it basically comes out to a ‘squirt-size’ amount of green cream that is applied to the face and sometimes neck and chest area. One squirt covers it all and continued use at this level will last about a month before you need to replenish your stock (just take the bottom cover off to check the level on occasion). I used Level 9 nightly for 3 solid months before attempting a review because I wanted to give this stuff a fair chance and I recall how when first using Retin-A, that it took at least 4 months or so to get clear. Some folks think they can then stop when clear and that they are cured. That is not the case with a disease like acne. What you want to achieve is the ‘control’ level. Whatever it takes to get there then that is what you must maintain daily in order to keep your skin clear. The green cream is non-troublesome at night, unlike BPO and other acne/retinoid creams, which have heaviness to them. As for the acne, I was breaking out terribly (or purging, as some like to call it) from this green cream in the first 2 months of usage but kept reading and remembering to be patient. I truly almost did give up on it thinking how sad that it turned on me. The acne that was developing however was different from my usual painful cystic disgusting nodules and pustules. They were smaller and more like whiteheads so I knew something was happening and perhaps leading to something…something good, that is. At last, I hit the control level in the 3rd month of usage! I cannot believe my chin…I am typically sporting heavy huge acne on it, which sets me into tears for the most part. Now, it's clear! I sometimes felt sorry for my skin that it has to take so much abuse and cannot possibly imagine it can handle one more pimple…but those dang things manage to find pore after pore after pore. Until green cream came along, that is! My skin is scarred and changed due to being traumatized from so many acne inflammations, but I nourish it well. I now own Level 3 and Level 6 of the green cream and use them on the weekends and when I want sort of a light coverage. I typically cocktail them with C and ferulic acid based serums. I experience zero problems from any level of the green cream with the exception of minimal irritation on my upper neck or just below my chin on the very soft part of my upper neck. It was red and dry for a while but was easily corrected with a light moisturizer and simple avoidance of the area when applying the green cream. It took me over a year to get the courage to use the little sample jar of green cream and I wish I had done it sooner. I would have saved my skin from some major acne breakouts and would have saved a lot of emotional pain. I can now form a fair evaluation of this stuff after a good 3-4 months of usage…it has proved to be a miraculous product in dealing with my skin issues. Super duper stuff and I can finally smile again and not be so embarrassed and even ridiculed for my acne problem. In addition, facial lines and pores are greatly diminished and my skin color and tone are greatly enhanced. Wow! P.S. for more info go to: http://greencream.com/communityboard

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using GC6 for the last 4 weeks and am stunned and thrilled with the results. I started every other night and after 2 weeks, moved on to every night. Awesome! I also started using around my eyes every 3rd night until 2 weeks ago and now can do my entire face, eyes and all every night. I did not experience any purging. I did not experience any peeling. I only experienced gorgeous skin. I have been using a combination of mild glycolic and salicylic acid for the last 3 years and they cleared up my acne, but the GC has taken my skin to a new level -- smaller, tighter pores with a more even tone and soft texture. Here's my routine and products:

AM:
1. wash with mild cleanser (DESSERT ESSENCE THOROUGHLY CLEAN FACE WASH can be purchased at Whole Foods or any health food store; $7 for 8oz; Ingredients: castile soap, olive oil, coconut oil, organic tea tree oil, chamomile, goldenseal, hawaiian white ginger, bladderwrack, palmarosa, petitgrain, organic lavander & peppermint oil)

2. 5% glycolic, 2% salicylic serum - wait 10 minutes or more if possible before applying next product (ORGANICALS GLYCOLIC DAILY TONER with 5% glycolic, 4.5 pH can be purchased online at www.ingredientstodiefor.com $8 for 8oz; Ingredients: Aloe Extract, Watermelon Extract, Rosehips Extract, Wheat Germ Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Ginko Biloba Leaf Extract , Glycolic Acid 5%, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Allantoin)

3. aloe vera gel (LILY OF THE DESSERT ALOE VERA GELLY can be purchased at Whole Foods or any health food store; $3.50 for 4oz; Ingredients: organic aloe vera gel, carbomer, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, allantoin potassium sorbate and sodium hydorxide)

4. sunblock (VONETTA EXTREME SUNBLOCK GEL SPF 15 can be purchased at www.beautifulskinshoppe.com; $13 for 1oz; Ingredients: distilled water, glycerin, titanium dioxide, aloe vera, l-castor oil, methyl glycol, plant cellulose, jasmine alcohol, allantoin)

PM:
1. wash with mild cleanser (same as above)

2. 5% glycolic toner - wait 10 minutes, preferable 20 minutes before apply GC to avoid irratation (NANCY K. BROWN 5% GLYCOLIC 2% SALICYLIC GEL EXFOLIANT at 4.5 pH can be purchase at www.nancykbrown.com, a canadian company that can tell you where to purchase in the U.S.; $24 for 2oz; Ingredients: aloe leaf gel, glycolic acid blend, salicylic acid, butylene glycol, hydroxyethylcellulose, allantoin)

3. Green Cream LEVEL 6 - wait 10 minutes if possible before applying next product (GREEN CREAM can be purchased at www.lindasy.com, www.dianayvonne.com and other online locations; $43 for 1oz; Ingredients: D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel, octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue1,red 3)

4. hyaluronic acid moisturizer (HYALURONIC ACID 1% SOLUTION can be purchased at www.ingredientstodiefor.com; $20 for 8oz; Ingredients: distilled water, hyaluronic acid)

42 yr old, very oily, very cystic-acne prone, now just simply awesome skin -- I get carded regularly!

I just turned 37 and have always had good skin, except for persistent blackheads on my nose. I'm told I look much younger, but am interested in staving off aging as much as I can! (I've always always used sunscreen!:))

The goal with GC is daily or twice-daily use, but people respond differently and need to work up to that. I started using GC the first week of January, '05 every third night all over my face, under eyes and on my neck and chest. My skin looked horrible after a week or two. The wrinkles were more pronounced and my skin had this dull, translucent look to it. I went through minimal peeling, but definitely got the "crepey eye" syndrome that is so frequently discussed on the community board at www.greencream.com.

In February I went on vacation w/ my SO's family and didn't want to worry about how my skin looked, so I stopped usage. Within a few days, my skin looked better again. Knowing that persistence pays off when it comes to retinoid treatment, I started use again every third night when I returned home. After a few weeks, my skin started getting irritated, red and tight. I was advised by Kevin from AST (Green Cream) to take a break. A few weeks later, when my skin returned to normal, I started up again every third night and then eventually worked up again to every other night. I cut back usage on my neck and chest to 3x a week as it was more sensitive. In May I began seeing the redness and irritation once again, this time even more so on my neck and chest. I stopped usage.

I was determined, so once my skin normalized I started using GC yet again...
At the beginning of June I finally started to see what the fuss was about. My skin started to look great. The blackheads that have been a constant on my nose were almost invisible. My skin started glowing and I **do not** wear makeup during the day anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been spending less money on skin care now that I have discovered MUA, Green Cream and photostable high PPD sunscreen.

Last week I went in to the beauty supply store I used to frequent. I live in LA and this beauty supply store is one of the most frequented beauty supplies in the city - they carry everything and celebs, actresses, models, etc can be seen doing their shopping there on a daily basis. The pressure to look young is constant and I used to buy hundreds of dollars worth of products every month at this place in the search for great skin. The sales associate who always assists me was there and she kept looking at my skin as we chatted; I hadn't been in there in months. After a while she asked me why my skin looked so great. I told her: Green Cream and a high PPD sunscreen (Bioderma BIO Lait spf 30). She started laughing and said she was sure I had gotten some kind of "work" done. Another employee came over and started looking at my skin and had the same reaction! This was confirmation that my persistence with Green Cream has paid off.

Last week I increased my GC usage to nightly and have had no irritation so far. I am starting to notice more wrinkling and am getting the "crepey eye" look again. This time I know it's a phase and that eventually I will be on the other side once again, this time with even better skin.

I'm considering eventually switching to Avene Ysthael (retinaldehyde) because it is supposedly better tolerated than retinol with simliar results in scientific testing. It also does not cause the photosensitivity that retinol does.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Update 10/13:
(I'm "stst" on the Green Cream board)
I am still experiencing the stop/start phenomenon with Green Cream (pls see below). In June of this year, my skin was really looking great, but then it got extremely irritated. There is a pattern for me with Green Cream: I'll use GC for a while, working up to nightly use. I'll get the usual crepey eyes and dry skin, but then it turns in to a kind of irritation. My skin reacts in a way that is not the usual stage one's skin goes through with retinol treatment. I get tight, red, dry - it feels and looks like deramatitis. I then stop usage, my skin normalizes after a few weeks and then I start up again slowly with the GC. Then the same irritation happens! I love what I've read about what retinol can do for skin - the science is behind it and I want to reap the benefits! But I'm starting to wonder if my skin can even handle daily retinol use. I am using GC 3 x a week now and not experiencing irritation yet, but not seeing great skin either. Kevin on the Green Cream community board always says that the key to retinol treatment is frequent use. I wonder if I can get any benefit from using it 3x a week. But I'm worried if I increase my usage yet again, the same irritation will return. I highly recommend trying Green Cream - it just may not be for everyone.
*****************************

Update 1/17/06 - I tend to get dermatitis with Green Cream. When I used prescription Renova, I didn't have a problem, but was often peely. I am going back to prescription retinoids. I recommend trying GC because of the affordability and the fact that most people can tolerate it much better than prescription retinoids.
++++++++++++++++combo skin, mid thirties, tend to get dry spots

on 9/10/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been eyeing green cream for a few years now, and finally took the plunge. So far, I'm very pleased. I'd rate it a '5', but I've only used it for a few weeks now.

I'm 34, and over the past few years my skin has become extremely dry. I intitally attributed it moving to a very cold and dry area of the northeast, but after moving back to the southeast and enjoying one of the rainest summers ever, I've realized the dry skin is here to stay. It became so bad, that I developed eczema for the first time in my life. I still had pimples but they were horrible because my skin was so dry- deep, almost cystic like, and impossible to eradicate. I also noticed that my feckles were merging together, almost giving me a fair-skin melasma even though I'm very careful about sun exposure. I've tried everything, topical and supplement, before finally doing some more research.

So- I broke down and bought the green cream level 6. Other AHA's and benzoyl wreck havoc on my face so I was a little concerned about buying level 6 but couldn't quite bring myself to pay almost as much to buy level 3. I also use cetaphil acne bar to wash with, and olay total effects as a day time moisturizer.

I am amazed! What surprised me the most is how well my skin has handled GC. I started using it on a night before several days off, just in case I had a reaction, and I've used it every night since. The very first morning I could tell a difference in how soft my skin was. Before, no amount of exfoliation and moisturizer could penetrate my skin, now I've ditched exfoliation entirely. No more product roulette- trying to find something that helps- GC is for me!! I'm even considering buying level 9 the next time.... I am just amazed at how well my skin has tolerated GC. The deep almost cystic-like acne is gone. The dry flakies are gone. My freckles are back to normal. What small wrinkles I had- greatly enhanced by the super dry skin- are minimal. The little whiteheads I've had on the middle of my chin since I was 12 are disappearing. My skin and old acne scars are becoming smooth, and when I touch my face, it is 'moist', but not oily. I just can't say enough good things about it!!

GC deserves to have the snapple logo in my book- it's truly the best stuff on earth.

***UPDATE***
After using GC for a while, my skin started to get really irritated. I think it's because I finally had enough skin cell turnover to have mostly new skin instead of several layers of old dry skin. I woke one morning to find my face peeling ala post sunburn. Mild, but not pretty. I stopped the GC for several days, babied my skin, and have slowly worked my up to every other night. It was worth it, though. My skin continues to improve. I'll hold off on buying level 9 for a while.

***Update 2***
I worked through the irritation and slowly increased my usage. Once I could tolerate GC6 twice daily, I moved up to GC9. I'm now using it nightly and my skin continues to improve.
Beyond the improvement of fine lines and discoloration, I am over the moon about the improvement of my dry skin and acne. I'm now 35, and this is the first time in 23 years that I have not had pimples, blackheads, etc. On the rare occasion I start to develop a blemish, I apply a teeny amount of GC to the problem area a couple of extra times a day and the next day, it's gone. I'm even considering buying level 3 for my teenager.
After decades of trying one thing after another I have found simplicity. I use a mild cleanser, GC at night, a moisturizer/sunblock in the AM. Other than makeup, that's it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Green Cream is an amazing skin treatment! I've been using it only a short while, but have gotten a lot of compliments lately on how radiant and smooth my skin looks. Although I do get some flaking, it's easily covered with a good moisturizer and foundation. It's worth the flakes! At first my skin got a bit red and irritated, but I just gave my face a break for a few days, and then tried it again. If I use it around my eyes, they'll look a little crepy for a while, but I keep it hydrated and I know that in the long run, it's helping my eye wrinkles!! It just takes some time and patience with a professional strength product like this. Too many of us need to change the way we think about the skincare we use. We want dramatic results, but we don't want to put in the time,commitment,and money to get there. Green Cream is VERY affordable considering what it does. You're not going to get these kinds of results using stuff like Avon, L'Oreal,Mary Kay, or Philosophy. It's a product from a Dermatologist, not some makeup counter, and sometimes professional grade products can give uncomfortable side effects. It doesn't mean you're being injured! I also love that this product has a website so that I can read what other users are experiencing with the product.

I want to make a comment about the post made by the person below me here. No disrespect intended, but I don't think they know what they're talking about. Sounds like chicken little running around yelling "the sky is falling!"

There's a lot of misinformation in that post, so I wouldn't put any weight into their opinion on this product. First off, this is a Retinol creme, not Lactic acid. Secondly, this in not from some home-based, basement business. This product comes from a well known, respected Dermatologist. The crazy rantings of that poster are beyond comprehension!!

Got this from "Tom's of Maine" website:
Propylene glycol is considered a safe and appropriate ingredient not just for cosmetic products, but also for ingested products like food (sour cream, fat free ice cream) and pharmaceuticals. It is on the US Food and Drug Administration's list of ingredients which are Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) and is recognized by the World Health Organization as safe for use.

There have been claims made that propylene glycol is an inappropriate ingredient for cosmetics and foods because it can also be used in products (such as antifreeze) which one would not want to consume. Such observations are well-intended but ultimately not very informative. It is ethylene glycol, for example, which is a more common ingredient in anti-freeze and which is, in fact, highly toxic. Simply because propylene glycol has many different applications does not make all the products which contain it the same.

on 2/25/2005 1:39:00 PM

I love the Green Cream. It has been a skin savior for me. My skin never had problems...not many breakouts or skin issues...but before I started using the Green Cream I had started getting this layer of dead skin that I couldn't get rid of no matter how much I scrubbed ! I used moisturizers and scrubbed daily...and still I was always dry and flaking and had this FILM of yuck on my skin. Finally I tried a sample of the Green Cream (www.lindasy.com) and I was AMAZED. First of all let me tell you...this made me peel ! I was like a snake changing skins every time I used it. It wasn't the red, angry, itchy, flaking sorta peeling...it was just soft, gentle, yucky skin rolling off sorta peeling. And all that filmy YUCK came off ! YAY !

Now there are many rules to using this when you first start out...so please read the instructions and start out slow...no point in over-doing it right off the bat. Make sure your skin is clean and dry (wait 20 minutes after washing your face) then apply the Green Cream and wait 30-45 minutes for it to sink in...then use a moisturizer only if you feel you need it. STAY AWAY from the lips...caused me and a friend cold sores when we got it on our lips by accident. And I wouldn't suggest using it on your eye area either. USE SPF ! That's very important !

Instructions say you need to build up to using this daily...some of us CAN'T (me). My skin is too sensitive to retinol for me to use this daily...I stick with 2 times a week. 2 times a week and I get to keep my skin film/yuck free...softer...flake free...and more moisturized.

This product might not be for everyone...so in the end I say...try it before you buy it. The bottle lasts over 6 months but that's with my 2 times a week use...if you use it more often it might not last as long. The packaging is airtight and the bottle is not see through and that's to keep the product from losing its "power".

Does it help with wrinkles ? I don't know. I am 32 and look 26 but I think that's all in thanks to my genetics...so I don't have wrinkles yet...but I am hoping by using this and a good moisturizer I might never have to worry about it ! :) continued >>

on 10/26/2011 2:25:00 PM

First let me say that I am a very strong believer in OTC Retinol products used in the PM and Vitamin C serums used in the AM. This combination does work, not overnight, but after 30-60 days you will begin to see a difference!!!! [depending of course on how much sun damage your skin has].

I began using OTC Retinol's about 4 years ago, starting with AfirmX cream, and this product is excellent! I began with Afirm's 1X moving to 2X and finally to the 3X [strongest] over a period of months. I did have to return to the 2X after a few weeks of using 3X as it was too strong for my fairly sensitive skin.

Then at the beginning of 2011, I discovered Green Cream. Again I started with the lowest dosage [Level 3] and progressed to Level 6 [ tried a sample size of the Level 9 but it was like Afirms 3X, just too strong for my skin] so I stayed with Level 6 which is equivalent in strength to Afirm's "too strong for me" 3X cream. After doing some research, I discovered that the reason my skin would tolerate GC's Level 6 but not Afirm's 3X was that the Green Cream is formulated so that those of us with fairly sensitive skin can use a stronger dosage without the ugly flaky side affects found with using stronger levels Retinols. It is for this reason only that I switched from Afirm to GC and why I stay with the GC. Both are great products.

If you have never used a Retinol product I would encourage you to begin with the lowest level and if that is tolerated well then advance to the next level. Please don't "jump" into the strongest level of either of these Retinol products in the beginning, do play it safe!