Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

Filtered by age: 44-55
Advanced Skin Technology Green Cream by AST

4.5

D.I. water, ethanol, glycerine, aloe vera gel,octyldodecanol, retinol & polysorbate 20, cucumber extract, butylene glycol, cetyl dimethicone copolyol, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, tocopheryl, acrylates/C10-C30 crosspolymer, tea-carbomer, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, propylparaben, methylparaben, disodium edta, may contain FD&C yellow 5, red 40, blue 1

on 4/21/2013 10:10:00 PM

I love this stuff. And no, I have no relationship with the company whatsoever. I use it for the anti-wrinkle properties, not for acne.
If they ever stop making it I don't know what I'll do. I have very few wrinkles and I'm 53. I had more when I started using the stuff - about 5 years ago. People routinely mistake me for 10 years younger, or more.

Tips: 1)Start with Level 3 (the weakest) and move up, slowly, slowly, slowly. If your skin gets irritated, back off for a day or two. It took me a year to work up to Level 9.
2) Use a BHA product to keep your pores cleared out- for some reason GC aggravates my adult acne if I do not use BHA (I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA) BHA in the day, GC at night.
3)Keep using sunscreen! No reason to ruin the good that GC does.

on 3/29/2012 9:10:00 PM

Actually I have a question as well as comments. I bought the trial sample size tube of level 9 and it was a medium pea green color - definitely more colorful than your typical face cream. I liked it so I ordered a full ounce bottle, theoretically also Level 9. But the full size is a light mint green. I guess it's silly to equate color to strength, but did anyone else have this experience - and did you find the products to be, in fact, the same? If you are using level 9, what color is it?

As far as how it's working ... I think it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do at first; my skin is a little reddened and peeling. The first peel made my skin look gorgeous, but at the moment it seems thin, almost shiny, which paradoxically makes it look older but makeup sits better on it. I am hoping for an eventual thickening effect. Must be honest, I am a "picker" and at this point I wouldn't dare pick, I'd look like raw hamburger. This is probably a good thing!

I like the packaging, it's a pump

on 1/26/2010 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I first used Green Cream about 7 or 8 years ago, and it was the first real "antiaging" product I'd ever tried. I'd recently read about Green Cream, but I didn't know anything about retinols (or any other biologically active skin care ingredients). I was in my late 30's and I'd decided I needed to start paying attention to the care of my skin. I'd noticed lines beginning between my eyebrows, and I wasn't about to let them stick around without a fight. Back then, my experience with skin care was limited, at best. Basically, for about 25 years, I'd regularly used what I thought of as an all-purpose wash and, if-needed- moisturizer: Noxzema. (Stop snickering, it's really cheap.) During my first couple of years of using Green Cream, I had an extreme love-hate relationship with it. At times, I had quite a bit of uncomfortable and unsightly peeling and drying. Plus, I would get that nasty "crepey eye" problem. This completely defeated the purpose using of an anti-aging product, considering it made me look around 15 years older. However, when regularly using Green Cream (and sucking it up during the Lizard Stages), I eventually always saw very positive results. They were definitely good enough to make me want to figure out how best to make this product work for me. My sudden interest in antiaging had brought with it a complete lack of understanding of the specific synergies of active and inactive ingredients in skincare products. Based on recommendations, blogs, ads, boards, etc. I had learned about BHAs, aspirin masks, toners, etc., and I used them all...including Green Cream. I think I actually created skin irritation and problems for myself, because I'd never heard of "delivery systems", or"skin identical" ingredients. It's so exciting to see real results from an OTC skin care product, that it's tempting to try to use more than really needed, to get accelerated results, and to think that using lots of different products will cover any possible skin issue. I didn't realize it, but I was overapplying Green Cream in an attempt to evenly cover my whole face. Plus, I was using it in conjunction with many products that didn't do well with retinol. I hadn't learned that serums sort of "migrate" into your skin, and too much cream actually inhibits the way the skin responds to retinol. I had applied Green Cream as though it was a typical night-time moisturizer. After trial and error, I learned that I need half the amount of what I already thought was a skimpy squirt! Perfect application for me is one half-pump, (meaning I press the pump about half way down.) A "full" pump, (pushed all the way down) is more than I need for my whole face. Now I use level six every night and I don't get crepes, or flakes, or redness. The Green Cream company says to put a "pea" sized amount over the whole face, and they're not kidding. Green Cream is the most outstanding skin product I've found for improving and maintaining my facial skin. I've alternated usage of it with other OTC retinols for the last several years, in attempts at finding OTC "cosmetics" that had pharmaceutical functions for enhancing skin health. Out of every concoction I've used (Alpha Hydrox - Neutrogena - Paula's Choice -Avene - Philosophy - Skinceuticals, to name a few,) with regular usage, Green Cream, by far, does the most for my skin. I love Dermadoctor's Poetry In Lotion, but it does not work as well as Green Cream for clogged pores and breakouts. Plus, I've found Green Cream to be much gentler than most other OTC retinols I've used (with the exception of Poetry In Lotion). Green Cream absorbs so quickly into my skin I can't even tell I have anything on my face, and it smells and feels soothing and refreshing. Results are noticeable within the first week of applications. I'm 44, with medium skin that tans very easily. This tanning ability always made it easy for me to forget sunscreen, or think I didn't need it. Thanks to "great" tans during the first half of my life, having 3 kids, and living in a sunny climate, without regular usage of retinol and skin exfoliants, my skin now gets blotchy, melasma appears, and my skin can look drawn and sallow. I have a couple of fine lines, but no deep wrinkles, yet, and I want to keep it that way as long as I can. Mostly I try to combat pigmentation problems, fill-in my pores, and prevent further damage. Green Cream makes my skin so smooth and glowy, I don't even need foundation. (Seriously, I don't want to cover up my nice-looking skin!). I do double-takes at my own reflection, because I can't believe how good my skin looks. Green Cream helps my irregular skin pigmentation (melasma, sun spots) to look more even, and makes my skin clear and radiant. These days my skin resembles the skin I so took for granted in my younger days. Green Cream also smooths-over my pores, and it seems to help light spots become less visible. When I was pregnant two years ago, I couldn't use it, but I was surprised to see how quickly it worked to get my skin back into shape after my daughter was born. I had been so worried about the condition of my skin, but Green Cream helped me completely bounce back in about two months. My skin feels soft, and smooth, with absolutely 0 stickiness or oils. I cannot use Green Cream regularly on my neck or around my eyes, so I alternate it with Poetry in Lotion for these areas. Green Cream, unlike anything else I've tried, makes my skin feel "plumped", and more elastic; in a word, younger. It's amazing stuff. Green Cream is reasonably priced. I'd pay more for it, because it truly works for me, but I'm glad GC is still so affordable, esp. because it's unique.

I used this for 2 years building up to level 6 after a few months on level 3. I could never get past the dryness and patches this would create on my face, especially in the winter. I finally decided that the ethanol (alcohol) in this dried my skin barrier too much, so I switched to Skinceuticals .5%. That worked better and is a very effective product without as much irritation. I have now moved to Retin~A .25% 2 to 3x a week and I have no irritation whatsoever, but my skin is as smooth as a baby's bum. Also, on the nights I don't use the Retin~A, I have been applying rosehip seed oil (the formula is evanhealy rose) and that has been a great added boost of clarity! I do think my skin has never looked this good, but I would caution against using retinoids too often, and avoid other actives if you go for the strong stuff : )

I used Diacneal for a long time so started out using GC 6. I was impressed with the product but not with the packaging. #1 it is very small. I think for an OTC retinol it's pretty pricey. I think my first bottle lasted me a month max and I'm only using a pea size plop. So this can become expensive very quickly. #2 you literally cannot tell when it's running out because of the packaging - it's just suddenly gone. Does it work? For the most part it does clear your skin and reduce fine lines and, for me, it is controlling oil production which I hadn't expected. I just purchased GC 9 and am going to try to use it very, very sparingly because the higher the retinol, the more expensive the GC. Having said all that, I think I like the results from Acne.org's AHA just as much and it's like $16 for a GIANT tube. So we'll see. I'm not ready to call Green Cream the holy grail of anti-acne/anti-aging products yet!

on 12/17/2008 11:03:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this product ( Level 6.) I admit that it is an effective product, but not the level of effect I expected after reading the reviews. I usually have pretty sensitive skin, but I never had the first problem using this - no redness, no flaking, zilch. Even using it every night. I also did not have amazing results. I have always taken care of my skin - religiously sunblocked, totally tanless, good moisturizer - and I really don't have horribly aged skin. Just some mild discolorations and small lines and large pores. And while I did see results such as very minor smoothing of the lines and possibly a small improvement in the overall texture, but not a smidgen of difference in the pores, I certainly did not see the results I expected, especially given the $50 I paid for it. I actually saw better results with AHA 12% and probably should have continued with that. But you know, the grass is greener and the reviews were amazing. So all in all, I can't give this a poor rating as it does do what it claims, just not as well for me as for others apparently. Maybe I should have gone straight for the Level 9, which I still consider from time to time but hate to invest so much and again get only minor results. I'll probably just go back to AHA 12% until the next miracle product hits the reviews and the emerald lawn over yonder calls again.

on 12/21/2007 11:59:00 AM

I tried samples of level 3 and 6 and both worked well for me. I had no irritation, dryness, etc. My pores appear smaller, skin is smoother. I purchased level 9 and I think I need to use this strength every other night. If I use it every night my skin gets red and stings. The level 3 is gentle enough for me to use around my eyes though.

on 11/16/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my first review. I have been using level 6 for about 1 month. I am 53 & I was starting to be really unhappy about deepening wrinkles, pores starting to get larger, & the dullness of my skin. I have been really fortunate to have really good skin until I hit my 50's. I Really love this product. My skin already looks better. My pores are visibly smaller & some have practically disappeared. The lines around my mouth & nasal labial area seem much less apparent. I started out using every other day, but my skin seems to tolerate this product well so I now use every night. My skin is flaking off but it is gradual & easily disguised with moisturizer. I have tried many other products in the past but nothing has seemed to really work like this product. I am a very satisfied customer so far.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my first review. I don't know what made me order the Green Cream. I'm usually buy cheap skincare products. I guess I didn't expect the results that everyone was mentioning. I've been using Level 3 since January 07. I've not had any purging or other negative reactions. About 3 months into using the Green Cream, I was looking in the mirror and thought "oh my God, this stuff really does work!" I'm 48 and have oily skin with occasional breakouts. Since GC, my skin had stayed clear and looks vibrant. This is only on level 3!!! I'm going to order another level 3 then work my way up to the level 6. I really don't think I would need to use the level 9. I use mineral makeup and finding that I'm using less mineral foundation as my skin improves. For me, this has been worth the money. I just wish that I could buy this locally and not do mailorder.

This is my first ever review. I found Green Cream by accident - I'm always searching for the perfect skin product! Anyway, I started out with level 6 and had a nice result within a few weeks. Smoother skin, a light glow. Then I tried level 9 - Wow.... Just today I was outside in bright light and a man I know mentioned how beautiful my skin was. It has been clear, smooth, bright -just glowing. This is after three weeks of nightly use. My skin is slightly oily and I avoid the sun although my complexion is slightly medium in tone. This stuff is marvelous. Best advice - always take care of your skin - this is where to put the $$$