MAC Lustre in Jubilee

My MAC Lipstick Collectionall time fave - mac

4.3

on 5/7/2017 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this as natural looking lipstick. Works great for natural makeup of on days where I have done a more dramatic eye makeup and want something more muted for my lips so that my face is not overwhelmed with color and drama. My other two favorite neutrals are Hug Me and Half N Half. The thing I most love about the MAC lustres is that you can somewhat change the color of them by using different lip pencils. With all of the colors I mentioned here you can make them more pink by using a pink toned lip liner or more brown by pairing them with a brown toned lip liner. Just a little bonus that I love.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've never been happier with a lip product. Lately I have been going without any lipstick or lipgloss because I just haven't found one I like. I'm always after the perfect MLBB but the common suggestions for those look pinkish-purple on me. I was after a lipcolor that was the same colour as my lips more or less that would work with the rest of my makeup and be easy to reapply. I had Patisserie, Hug Me, and Half and Half in mind. I went to the counter to try them on. Patisserie was far too pale for me (NC30), Hug Me appeared too mauve/pink, and Half and Half was too opaque for a casual everyday lipstick. I picked Jubilee up and honestly I had never even heard of it before. But as soon as I tried it on my lips I was sold. It is the first natural lipstick that isn't too pale nude and not too pink that I've tried. It has a strong peach tone when swatched, but on my face it looks like a natural beige pink. The makeup artist was surprised and said that she had thought jubilee would be too orange for a natural lip but I guess my yellow undertones made it work. This works well with peachy and bronze blushes.

In my opinion, this would be a pretty brown lipstick for fairer or cooler skin, a MLBB for warm medium skin, and a pretty nude for deeper skintones.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite nude. My lips, but way better.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

another HG (next to hug me) ADORE the color on me (MLBB) not very long wearing but its such a good color i dont mind reapplying and repurchasing. non drying. very lovely.

on 11/7/2014 5:11:00 AM

Tried out Jubilee at a MAC counter after reading extensive reviews. I was a bit skeptical of MAC lipsticks after a few failed attempts, eg. color too red for natural wear or too dry (Pro long wear omg). Jubilee ends my painful search of a perfect MLBB lipstick. Bought it at once.

Some useful points:
1. It only works for some skintones so I can imagine it doesn't show up at all for some people (those who are NC 40 or above, I imagine). FYI I am NC 30 with moderately pigmented lips.
2. Color of the lipstick is tilted towards orange and brown, and it's rather sheer. Patisserie is much pinker, Hug Me is redder (therefore I skipped it), Politely Pink is lighter and pinker, Freckletone is more orange (a bit too orange for me). The color of the lipstick is buildable.
3. It's neither moisturizing nor drying. I find it to be relatively less drying than Cremesheen lipsticks, which is a bit weird as the Salelady told me Cremesheen is more moisturizing. Oh well.
4. Conclusion: If you want an everyday lipstick that is not red nor pink and your skintone is fair to medium, then this is for you. For me: HG!

Hope this helps!! I haven't bought a MAC lipstick for like 2 years (true story) but this one is good enough for me to bite the bullet haha. Jubilee will probably be my "long-term commitment" ;)

Pls kindly rate this review if you find it useful, thanks so much xx

on 7/20/2014 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My perfect nude lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Picked up Jubilee as part of a Back2Mac recycle. It's a perfect nude lipstick with a pink undertone. It's great for everyday. The color comes close to Half n'Half and Hug Me, both of which I love. This is my new daytime color.

on 3/27/2014 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I wanted to buy my first MAC lipstick in a nude shade so that i would be guaranteed to use it a lot. I finally decided on Jubilee and was literally waiting by my mailbox for it to arrive. The smell is awesome, but the formula wasn't as great as i thought it would be. It's slightly drying so i really have to make sure i moisturize my lips before. The color is very similar to my lip color, except slightly darker with more of a peachy tone. I think it also makes my lips appear a little bit fuller, which is always great. I've been wearing it almost everyday and i really like it, but i'm not sure if i will purchase it again. Honestly, i would probably wear my wet n wild nude lipstick more than this one if i hadn't spent so much money on Jubilee. I will maybe try one more MAC lipstick, and if i still don't like the formula i'll give up on the MAC hype.

Perfect my lips but better shade. My lips are naturally a deep color, so most nude colors make me look dead. Jubilee, however, gives me perfectly neutral, moist looking lips. I love it!

on 12/16/2013 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've bought this lipstick while i was looking for a nude tone. It gives a fresh and pretty look which i really like.