MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Honeyflower [DISCONTINUED]

MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Honeyflower [DISCONTINUED]
MAC Honey flower l/s (Lustre)

4.2

on 7/11/2011 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I looooooovvvvvvveeeeee this color, my lips are already pigmented and this color adds a beautiful nude shimmer. I wear this when I'm going for the "no makeup" look and also when I'm wearing a dramatic eye. It looks very pretty!! I wish it wasn't discontinued.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this is what happens when I go to the MAC counter and allow the assistant to choose a product for me...I end up going home with something I regret. I know better now, since this was pretty much my first MAC l/s purchase ever. It looked on me as if I smeared a brown greasy lipgloss all over my lips, and after an hour or two dried down to a ruddy, red-brown, gritty mess. It did nothing to enhance my complexion (nc 55) in my opinion, and sadly, wasn't the life-changing nude I was looking for. I have since given it to my mom, and have replaced it with several more flattering shades.

on 2/21/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful wonderful color , subtly sexy with just a kiss of color. if I was looking for a summer shade that would perfectly convey that toasted summer skin , this would be it . just enough to be that " no mirror around but need lipstick on " color but can easily be lined to become " super sexy lush lips without trying too hard " ..

I love it !

on 4/16/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

For reference, I'm an NC45.
I thought I would absolutely love this color based on the description on the website...Not quite the case. My Lord, this color showed up on my lips as sparkles, no pigment at all. If you are my skin tone, and want some color on your lips, do not buy this lipstick!

I LOVE this lipstick. I adore MAC Plushglass Big Baby, and I asked if there was a lipstick in the same colour. The makeup artist handed me this and she was soo right. I'm scary pale, but this looks nice and natural.

This is one of my all time favorite lipsticks. I have the most difficult skin color/tone to match and my coloring is constantly changing. Yet, no matter what color/shade/tone I am, this lipstick matches. I have pigmented lips that are a pinky mauve. Honeyflower appears as a carmel/bronze/peach on my lips. It's very natural and pretty. As others have mentioned, it's a color I can put on without a mirror. I have a tube of this in my purse at all times.

I have repurchased this at least 4 times, and will continue to repurchase!

on 12/22/2009 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Excellent colour! I am very fair and this lovely lipstick shows up a nice iridescent peach colour on my lips. It works really well with my red hair and looks very natural for everyday wear. I wouldn't have thought it to look at it in the tube, but it think i have found my first lipstick that i dont feel awkward wearing during the day... See pic above to see colour applied (red hair)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't realize how much I loved this lipstick until I repurchased it. I have never repurchased the same color when it comes to lipstick. However, this color looks perfect on me. My lips look like they have a light brown lipliner all around it so it's hard to find something natural without it being very opaque. This is perfect on me(NC40)-it's peach meets caramel on my lips but very natural looking. It's feels like a lipbalm and smells good too. Most lipsticks are too drying but not with this one. I really love this color but I can see it looking too orange if you apply with a heavy hand.

on 7/29/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got Honeyflower from B2M last year, and when I first tried it at home I thought, 'eeeks'. I'm used to slightly more colorful orange-copper lipsticks generally. But, over time, I've come to love Honeyflower for a quick run out the door lipstick during the day or as a more muted lipstick at night if I'm wearing darker eye shadow so I don't look like a 'ho with dark eyes and dark lips, don't ya know. Or so say the experts.
In a way, I see Honeyflower as the warm version of Mac's VGV. Whereas VGV is a cool, pinker, light beige frost, Honeyflower is a warm, golden, light beige frost. They're like some yin and yang lipstick twins. I love VGV too, but I have to wear the right makeup for that as I'm naturally warm, and it can look rather cheeky unless I"m wearing cooler colors. Honeyflower, on the other hand, I can just swipe and go with nary a care. It just matches my normal coloring. Light red hair, NC15-20.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love Honeyflower - it's my everyday lipstick, definitely the lippie I reach for the most. I usually go for neutrals/nudes/soft browns, and this gives my not very pigmented lips a sheer honey-caramel color with gorgeous shimmer in the light. Natural enough to wear everyday, but gives my lips that sexy oomph that I'd never otherwise get! The formula is smooth & moisturizing (although if ur lips get dry easily like mine, after a couple hours of wear, some lip balm will definitley help). Overall, Honeyflower is my favorite natural looking lipstick from MAC, I know I'll be buying it again when I run out :)