Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel

Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel

3.3

INGREDIENTS: Active: 1% salicylic acid. Inactive: Alcohol denat., water purified, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel), laminaria saccharina extract, butylene glycol, benzalkonium chloride

on 8/8/2016 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a product I always have in my drawer, since Ive discovered it years ago. I use it locally for blemishes and in most cases it does help (remember there are no absolute terms when it comes to cosmetics and skin).

I think it is definitely one of the best products of such kind you will find on the market and esp for such ok price.

on 6/25/2016 7:12:00 AM

I just borrow this from my boyfriend. He said it's good for acne. And ya, I just trying at night and in the morning my acne deflated. and this is so good for me, and I'll trying to buy this product. But, the price is expensive for me (2 years ago, he buy this product $50 at singapore). Over all, this is my fav products. :)

To Read all 250 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/18/2016 6:06:00 PM

This did nothing.

on 10/17/2015 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used several bottles of these and while it is a bit expensive for a spot treatment, it lasts quite a while. To use, put a small drop of gel on a zit with a head. It may sting momentarily and will leave a film on top. Leave it alone for the day and reapply with the next wash. Pustules usually disappear in 3-5 days. On a gross but satisfying note, sometimes the pus falls off with the dried gel. There is usually some redness after but doesn't last for long and it won't leave a scar.

I won't be buying again because my zits have lessened over the years so I feel I don't need it anymore.

I've always been a fan of Clinique's Acne Clearing System: the foam cleanser and the toner usually keep my skin relatively blemish free (except for around that awful PMS period). I liked using the gel whenever my PMS gave me painful cysts. The gel is really drying, but I do think it works magic on zits. For a while, this gel was kind of a holy grail, instant gratification product that got me through the worst hormonal cysts ever.
After a while (around finals), I got lazy and stopped using my rigorous skincare routine.
I got away with splashing my face with water, patting the toner on my face, and then rubbing in moisturizer for a couple months.
Recently my skin has been acting up and I've been using the same routine as before: the foam cleanser, the toner, and the moisturizer. They've been working like they used to. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THE GEL DOESN'T WORK FOR ME ANYMORE. All it does now is dry out my skin/irritate it. I think my skin has grown immune to it or something.

So I guess my advice is: this gel is not for sensitive skin, use moisturizer, and don't use it too often, otherwise your skin will adapt to it. But for the first month or so that you use it, you'll think it's waaaanderful.

very disappointed. given all its claims that it's 'clinically tested and proven' and that it will vanish blemishes and pimples...I was expecting something more than just a burning sensation against my skin.

Not a single pimple/acne spot in the past 3 months I've used this on has vanished. at all. And i religiously use this twice a day. no improvement in speed in which the pimple vanishes, no reduction in redness, no reduction in pain, no nothing.

I particularly disliked the mini 15ml bottle I bought it in- it's a squeeze out solid bottle, so the bottle ends up sucking the product back up when im done dispensing too much of it (it also gives very little control). It's sooo unhygienic!?

Like most clinique skin products sans their cleansers, this is a total disappointment. -_-

on 8/20/2014 11:58:00 AM

I've tend to realise that with many products like these they don't always seem to really tackle problems like acne at the source, as I tried this product among many others and even still it agitated my skin, especially with a burning sensation on my skin as it's sensitive especially with my breakouts. I've had to research into alternative methods because some of these products are so strong it actually creates the opposite effect of causing more acne than fixing the problem. I'm focusing on inner beauty supplements like one I came across biocorrex and currently trying it out, and so far it's having a positive effect.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, this product hasn't done much for my enlarge pimples. I've been using it for a week, once daily(it says twice but my skin irratates quickly) after washing my face with Dove soap. My pimples are very enlarged, red and form into cluster, caused my stress from school and horomones. Seeing the reviews being so positive about this product, I attempted to try it. I bought the sample for $17. It's quite small, being only five ounces.

The first time I tried it, my face had a little sting to it. It doesn't last long though! The next morning my skin was still in the same blemished condition, a bit more oily as well. I continued to try, some did seem to dimish in size, yet the redness still remained. I'm continuing to use it, in hopes of improvement, but for now I say it didn't work well for me.

Good luck to everyone who tries it! :)

I like this gel a lot! although it does burn a little I feel like it really does help with workouts and its very easily applied. it is a bit pricy (35$) but my family and I all love it and use it constantly. this stuff is a godsend when you have a pimple that needs shrinking. I think it is worth the price.

on 5/15/2014 11:37:00 PM

I got a sample of this ages ago and when I first tried it, it did burn quite a bit, but I saw immediate results! After I used up the sample bottle, I went out and bought the actual gel. It was a little bit on the pricier side, ($25), but I think it was worth it. For some reason, it doesn't work as well now as it did before for me for some reason, but it will clear up a pimple in 2-3 days (depending on the size). Overall, I think this is a good product.