Physicians Formula Matte Collection Quad in Quartz Quartet

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Sorry, I just don't get the hype/love for this. I have a lot of eyeshadow and think I have a pretty good handle on what's really good. So...

PROS
--Good for sensitive eyes

CONS
--Dry and lacking pigmentation
--Barely show up (and I'm pretty pale)

Granted, I like some oomph to my eyeshadow, so something this insipid and boring just doesn't work for me. If you like very subtle colors and have sensitive eyes, this might work for you. I keep this around to use on brows.

I found out about these by searching online under "best matte eye shadows under $20" and this came up everywhere as top rated. My RiteAid had all Physicians Formula products buy one get one 75% off this week, so I got all 4 palettes for practically the price of 2. Theres this one, a quad nude, a darker quad nude, and a peachy quad, they are only about $7.50 regular price. These are truly great palettes. There is a little bit of kick up when swiping your brush in the product, but not so much that makes them a product I wouldn't buy again. They are truly matte, which is hard to find in a good drugstore product. I would definitely recommend. The packaging is very slim and has a nice closure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried many eyeshadows over the years - from department store brands to drugstore - boutique lines - organic "all minerals" etc. etc. and I've often failed to notice the difference in quality across price points/marketing philosophies.

I can't remember how I came across this brand - I ordered online - I guess the cost and the colour palette appealed to me (dark hair, dark eyes, porcelain skin) but after using it for several months - whatever is in this formulation - it's perfect.

Creamy texture; no creasing (doesn't need primer either); blends beautifully; long-wearing. Great pricepoint, too.

The eyeshadow category is oversaturated - endless choice from the drugstore to the department store. This formulation is a definite stand-out and worth seeking out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I own all of the PF matte e/s quads. I love them! Conservative & sophisticated colors. They may appear kind of boring or muddy in reality they go on buttery smooth for a very nice look ESP if you're over 29+ (I'm talking "mature skin" coz women who are 29+ look very nice in matte e/s to me leave the shimmer to the the young ladies for every day wear break out the shimmer frosts when u have a special even where u need to be a bit OTT). It is more youthful looking to wear mate e/s these look good w some brown eyeliner & brownish black mascara (top lids only) I line my lower lid with a white or concealer toned eyeliner but generally u want to skip colors ESP bold colors like brown/black/purple/blue etc it accentuates bluish circles & makes eyes appear smaller. You need all of these quads if ur into matte e/s & like an effortless glam chic softer look. PF is $$$ but it is high quality 1 of my fave DS brands. I have shimmer strips nude palette foo FWIW & they know how to do e/s! Glad to hear of the MAC dupes!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely love this quad! The shadows are soft and nicely pigmented. I use the dark brown shade to fill in my eyebrows. I've been using it for this purpose every day for several months now, and the eyeshadow still shows no sign of running out any time soon. I love that it is a cool brown, since many brown shades tend to look red when on my brows. The greyish light blue, for my NC15-20 skin, can function as either a lid or transition color, and while I've found that the pale peachy-pink is a little dark to use as a highlight color, it is nice to use on the lids, or even a little under the eyes to keep concealer creasing at bay throughout the day. The dusty rose shade makes a nice transition color.

As for the packaging, I appreciate that it is slim yet sturdy. It also comes with a small mirror, if you need one. I have never used the sponge-tip applicator it comes with; I just use my own brushes. I haven't tried depotting the eyeshadows, but it seems like there is a little bit of space between the pans and the plastic packaging, which would probably make them easy to depot and put in your own palette. (I've tried depotting Physicians Formula bronzers and powders, and it is quite easy.)

Although Physicians Formula is on the pricey side for a drugstore brand, they go on sale very often. When on a 40% sale at Ulta, where I got them, they cost only $4.20, so you can get these versatile, great quality eyeshadows at a very low price!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A few you tubers rave about these PF matte palettes. They are on sale now at Ulta for four dollars and change so I picked up Quartz Quartet. I already have similar colors from the other two PF matte palettes so this is why I picked up Quartz. Usually, I will gravitate to warm tones but I don't have anything really that is this cool toned and matte in my collection. I'm shocked of how impressed I am with this palette. All shades are pigmented and buttery. These are so not like the chalky dry matte shadows you assume from the drugstore. These are nice. Colors appear vibrant and blend nicely. Highly rec anyone looking for a cheap thrill to pick this up!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love this quad, and have bought it several times over. The shadows are truly matte with perfect pigmentation and can be worn for any occasion. The price is reasonable even when it's not on sale. These colors will work on anybody. I only wish PF would make more colors of this product.

I LOVE this quad. With such boring packaging, you wouldn't expect such high quality shadows. These are great! I especially love the dusty rose color on the bottom left - so unique. The texture of these shadows is incredible; they feel so smooth and almost creamy. One "side effect" of that is that these to have quite a bit of fallout, so you have to make sure you tap the excess off your brush, but the fallout doesn't really bother me because they go on so smoothly and blend so easily. This is a great, affordable matte palette and I highly recommend it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

ATTENTION MAC LOVERS I HAVE SOME DUPES!!!!

((These dupe discoveries are NOT mine, they are from this video------>

please watch if you are interested in further details!!!!))

Upper right = MAC Malt
Lower left = MAC Quarry or UD Tease
Lower right = MAC Blackberry

I own a ton of PF eyeshadows, but this is my all time favorite palette, especially now that I know it contains MAC dupes!!! These are such good quality, and even though PF is a little more of a pricey drugstore brand, they are worth it, and you can always catch a sale. I can't compare the consistency of these to MAC, because I don't have any matte shadows from MAC. However, the consistency is extremely comparable to Makeupgeek's shadows, and I LOVE those!

I hope you watch the video I linked, it contains so much good info about these and how they compare to MAC. :)

You know how everyone seems to recommend shades of browns for a neutral, go to look? Well, it never worked for me. No matter how many neutral palettes I tried (especially those marketed to someone like me w/ blue eyes), the colors always appeared muddy and utterly unflattering. Until I found this beautiful quad! I now know the appeal of a nude, naked, natural (a neutral eye has many a name) eye that makes my eyes look defined, rested, soft and sultry! I am enjoying the versatility of this palette. I can even use the brow in place of my brow pencil. All the colors are deeply pigmented, soft in texture, very easy to blend and long lasting. Even without primer! Effortless! I find myself using these shadows to blend out other colors as all 4, totally matte colors (a soft dove grey, a flesh toned neutral, a dusty/fleshy rose toned color and a deep cool toned brown) lend themselves to other, more colorful looks. If I want to create a more adventurous and colorful look I can blend one or more of these colors with a vibrant color and it perfectly transitions to whatever color I choose without giving a muddy appearance. This is my ultimate HG and when I travel I make sure to take this along. The packaging is not flashy, but totally functional. It snaps closed and stays that way, but you won't break a nail when you try to open it. Besides, while I love a pretty package, I'm more about what's inside! That's what truly counts (in both people and cosmetics, IMO!). If anyone out there is fair and cool toned like me, please try! And after having this for months of regular use, I'm still finding new ways to utilize this! I want to shout it from the rooftop- Try This! It's Awesome!