Revlon Silver City Pink

Silver City PinkSilver City PinkRevlon Super Lustrous lipstick

3.5

on 4/13/2017 8:34:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

O.k this is weird. The color of this on your lips is o.k., if you're a snowman or a ghost, (super, super pale frost), but this color is an absolutely fantastic color for use as an eyeshadow!

My skin is dry, my lids not as smooth as they used to be, so I CANNOT wear frosted, powdered shadow, or even creme frosted shadows. The pigment sinks into creases in my eyelids and makes them look wrinkly!

So, for someone like me who has dry (ok, somewhat aging skin) this lipstick is a miracle! I'm getting older, but I still have young tastes - LOVE the frosts! This lipstick lets me do that without accentuating lines and dryness and even moisturizing my lids, which keeps them smooth.

Remember though, I am suggesting this for eyeshadow if you have dry skin, I don't know how it would work on someone with normal or oily skin. I can tell you that on my lids it stays put really well and makes my lids look very smooth, while real eyeshadows dry my lids and don't look so good, though there might be some cremes out there that I'd like, but havn't tried. Cremes that I have tried are too sheer for my taste and have had little staying power.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This color is so Snooki! Totally Jersey Shore/adult film feature star/I-live-in-a-double-wide in your face unabashedly ashamedly silvery I do mean very metallic palest of pale's pink w a slight apricot accord. A lot of shimmer, not a very dark color but medium opacity. Camp as Xmas! I love it. If you like really pale colors or frost this is not to be missed. It's beautiful w some heavy black liner & some bronzer. Would look terrific on CCC, I'm LLL NC20 & it is a bit coolish but if you like this color try wnw SunGlaze, wnw Sinless, wnw Cherish lipglosses or Chanel Glossimers in Beauty 02 or Twinkle. It can be sheered out or full on applied it only requires the confidence of its wearer--the sky's the limit! U can use it w any look for a fresh faced statement lip. Never tame nor lame always on game! So glad I got this only sad I waited til recently to buy it only after seeing it on MUA. Thanks folks for turning steering me towards a gr8 lippie! 1960s twiggy to 2000s Snooki in a single tube! Drag queen or bio queen it takes 101% attitude to rock this. Own it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Very fair Asian skin with neutral undertones. Love this color! It gives me a nude lip without looking like a corpse. I actually love shimmer/frost so this was right up my alley - makes my lips look full. I do line my lips with a Tiramisu by Rimmel and it's a gorgeous combo. Really feminine and demure color with a great texture. Very moisturizing. I do need to apply it every 3 hours or so though... but I don't mind since it's so pretty!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Shimmering light pink with golden and peachy undertones. It also has a subtle silver tone. It's a unique light pink lipstick. It's moisturizing and wears well. I love it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Let me start by saying I love the packaging. I think it is so cute and fresh. I really liked the color on in the tube but it just didn't look right on my lips. Other then the color, I think it's a wonderful color. Leaves your lips feeling soft and fresh.

on 4/28/2012 2:06:00 PM

This shade has been around since at least 1984, when I graduated high school. It was a very popular shade at that time, along Pink Foil. Seems like everybody wore one or the other if you were in school back then!

I wore this back in the day, but Pink Foil was my fave. Feeling nostalgic, I tried but couldnt find Pink Foil. Bought this instead and I still like it, 25 years later! It will be great for summer with some bronzer. Yes, it is very pale but you can do a lot with it. It's very versatile. As others have mentioned, you can use liner to shift the color. It's great all by itself on me, esp. for casual days or at the beach. It's nice with gloss on top, as well. If you are very warm-toned it may not be right for you, but if you are a PPP or more neutral it will work. I am NC20, brunette and blue-eyed, and it's great on me! I bought it on sale at $6 with $2 back in extra care bucks from CVS, so it was a really good deal.

I recommend Revlon lipsticks. While MAC is my ultimate favorite brand, these are a very decent second choice for less than half the price when on sale!

I absolutely love this color! Yes, it is a frosty light pink but I love how it looks on me! It does have some gold shimmery undertones to it.

on 3/6/2012 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this only because the color looked so pretty in a tube and it was on sale - so I got it 40% off, just for USD 5.08 at Rite Aid.
Horrible lipstick, looks too blotchy and frosty, accentuating every dry crack on my lips and dries out very fast. This went into trash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with everyone else, this looks like a beautiful light pink in the tube but goes on shimmery and almost like a silver pink. Should have payed attention to the name: SILVER City Pink. I have light-medium skin and I'm trying to like it...but its not working. Waste of money for what I was looking for. Quality is good though.

I love this lipstick. I also have one in "Real Red" and they are both great. IMO Revlon makes really good lipsticks. Next I wanna try Nude Attitude because I read Kim Kardashian wore it and it looked gorgeous! I will definitely be repurchasing this wonder!!!