OPI Ocean Love Potion

4.2

This color is absolutely gorgeous and true to the color in the bottle when it dries. . It only took one coat to have a completely opaque look. Super pigmented - I don't know what the issue is with others' polishes, perhaps a different formula in the past. Using my normal base and top coats, it doesn't chip at all, but does wear down after a few days on the nail tips - the same issue I have with almost all polishes. Overall, I love it and highly recommend if it's a color you're looking for.

Ocean Love Potion is a dusty green creme. Sometimes it looks slightly blue-green in low light, but when placed near blue, pink, or teal items, it is very green.
It is a two-coater polish, but I like a third coat for even-ness. I always use a quickdry topcoat and it lasts a minimum of 2 days before there is reasonable tipwear.
I prefer to wear it plain with a shiny topcoat, but a layer of light sparkles (China Glaze Wireless) adds a sparkly dimension that doesn't distract from the beautiful color.
The only negative is that I really dislike the SOPI bottle design.
SOPI OLP is a great color year-round.

I LOVE this product. First I applied OPI's base coat, applied with quick dry drops. Put on one layer of Ocean Love Potion. Applied another layer of quick dry drops and finished with Opi Traffic Stopper Copper Top Coat. My nails look amazing, It's a long lasting product and was able to finish my nails in 6 mins! I continually get compliments.

This may very well be my favorite summer nail polish. The creamy blue green color is easy to apply and looks good on all skin tones. Plus, it's a pretty unique color and I always get compliments when I wear it. Sadly, I can't find this at my local Sephora store on online. I think it's been replaced by Read my Palm which is more green.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the color I've been searching for all year. I've gotten other polishes that are too green, too blue, too light, too gray, but this one's the exact creamy, blue-green with dusky undertones I've been craving. Ocean Love Potion is what I wanted Sephora by OPI's Read My Palm and MAC's Blue India to be. It looks great against my fair skin, and I'm sure it would look wonderful on tan and deep complexions.

This is such a nice color for summer! I have used it on my hands and feet, it looks good on my fair skin but also nice when you get tan.

Was poking around Sephora/OPI looking for a decent summer bright red (got High Maintenance, which is terrific) and wanted a teal/turquoise/green-blue for summer too. This is apparently from 2009 summer colors but still available in the general display. And it's surprisingly quite sophisticated: similar to lots of the blue-greens in style this year but it's got enough dusty undertone (yellow-grey-brown?) that while it's bold, it isn't glaring. Creme, no shimmer. If you're not afraid of color on your hands - I'm not - it works there nicely, but also good for toes. I haven't found problems with Sephora/OPI consistency and this needs 2 coats.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I really love the color of this polish but it just did not look good on my medium brown skin. Besides the color, the polish is great. The application is nice and smooth like all OPI by Sephora polishes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have the creme version of this color- I thought it would be great for Spring Break so I bought it on a whim last time I was in my local Sephora. I loved the way it looked in the bottle and on my nails it was pretty true to color, so no complaints there. Although some have complained about the formulation of OPI for Sephora polishes, I like them just as much as any other OPI polish and haven't had a problem with runny-ness or streaking. This polish is pretty much opaque in one coat, but there are some little patches where it's less-than-opaque, bordering on quite sheer. I would say it took one and half coats to get this polish perfectly opaque. While I really like the color, I can't see myself wearing it (it's a pretty bright blue green with maybe a tiny hint of.... gray, maybe?) everyday so I probably wouldn't repurchase but overall I'd rate this as a good polish!

one of my favorite formulas in my favorite color! there seems to be more than one version of this polish - i have the creme. i think the polish is actually better than a lot of regular OPI's, it goes on 95% opaque in one coat, and sort of melds together so it's almost impossible to get streaks or thin spots. you can easily get away with one coat, but two works if you're feeling meticulous. the color is so beautiful, it manages to be muted but bright at the same time.
it dries FAST. by the time you've painted the last finger of the first coat, the first finger is dry and ready for a second. slow drying speed is a big deal-breaker for me because i am constantly jamming my fingers into fuzzy blankets and sharp corners (apparently) and can completely f*ck up a manicure if it doesn't dry two minutes. so this gets an A+. lasting power is good, about the same as most OPI's. will look fine after a week, but goes down hill from there. the only minor complaint i have is the width of the brush - it's super narrow and i usually prefer wide brushes, but the formula is so perfect that it goes on without a problem.

Popular Polishes