MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder
Select Sheer Pressed PowderMac Select Sheer Pressed Powder NC40

Talc, Octyldodecyl lactate, Silica, Nylon-12, Isononyl isononanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Lecithin, Polyperfluoroethoxymethoxy difluoroethyl PEG Phosphate, Zein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium sorbate, [ /- Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, Carmine, chromium oxide greens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, red 6 Lake, red 7 Lake, read 30 Lake, yellow 5 Lake, ultra marines] (as of 7/2015)

I accidentally bought this online from bloomingdales. I meant to buy the studio fix and I was super annoyed. I kept it and a week later when I got around to going to send back I decided to read some reviews. I used first time today and love!!! Its just perfect..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i have been using this powder for years now. i am a NC42 but have to use NC45 (bit dark but passable) and NC40 (bit light but ok to set my foundation). its so beautiful. i just wish they did a colour in between. Its such a huge colour jump. ive always stuck with this powder as it is sheer, doesnt change the colour of my foundation, is a lovely matte finish and isn't cakey. it also lasts a long time on my oily skin. the product is finely milled so looks very natural. Will definitely re purchase.

on 4/21/2016 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I am not really into pressed powders for coverage because my skin is really dry. I use this to set my MAC Face and Body foundation and it gives me the most beautiful "lit from within glow". it helps the foundation last all day and doesn't make it look dry, cakey, or flaky but gives a TOUCH of extra coverage.

it does exactly what it says it does. "sheer pressed powder"

I would definitely repurchase, this is my second compact I might try other powders because I get bored but I'll always come back.

I am considered a MAC NC40 and use F&B in C4 and this powder in NC35 because when this was recommended to me the SA said it oxidized (I don't really notice if it does)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This powder sets my foundation flawlessly. It really sheer and it does not make your face caking My HG setting powder for my medium to full coverage foundations. But u need to reapply after about 4 hours.

on 8/2/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If you get the proper color match for you, this looks nice dusted over foundation. It's a good setting powder. It doesn't give you the coverage of a powder foundation such as MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus, but deposits a little color. However, it doesn't control shine like Blot Powder, and that's why I'd rather have translucent Blot Powder. If you don't have oily skin, this might work for you.

Ingredients

Talc, Silica, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Nylon-12, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Aluminum Sulfate, Zeolite, Zein Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben [+/- (May Contain): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanid, Ultramarines]

on 12/26/2014 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have this powder for more than a year now. It doesn't do something extraordinary but it's lightweight with a little color in it sets makeup beautifully and doesn't break me out. It doesn't stay for long neither control my oilier zones that well but it's still a descent enough product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I liked how this powder is not cakey, natural looking and the colour is great. Doesn't stay on that long though and doesn't really make my skin feel silky smooth. Hence, one lippie off. The price is expensive for what it does, therefore, will not buy again.

on 9/3/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a really good powder. If you have oily skin, have bad acne scars or want a flawless finish, then this is your go to powder. I'm NC45 for ref.

I don't use this in my morning makeup routine because I think this provides too much coverage even if I'm using my tinted moisturizer. This is really good to touch up on afternoons when my foundation begins to break down. This helps to make my face appear less oily and fresh. It is a bit creamy for a powder and it clings to the skin instead of looking powdery.

I like how the shade matches nicely with my skin. It does not look white, red or yellow. I prefer a light hand with this as it may look cakey and settle into lines. When this powder is paired with the Studio Fix, I get an orange oxidized look at the end of the day. There is no such issue when I use this powder by itself and with other foundations,

This is the most coverage I've experienced with a powder. This is some heavy duty stuff. I even use this to blend out my eyeshadow sometimes. If you're not into the heavy coverage or have dry skin may be you should try another powder.

I prefer to go with sheer to medium coverage makeup but I like having this for variety, in case of an emergency, for formal occasions and pictures.

If you're a makeup fan like me, this is a must have. I really think this is a useful powder that would never go to waste and serves too many functions for me to be without it.

on 8/7/2014 5:56:00 PM

I really love this powder. It's sheer and hold oil at bay. I'm not a huge pressed powder fan but this is one of the best pressed powders I've found.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I recently broke my Blot powder, which I liked for controlling oil, but didn't like the finish. So, I decided to try a different powder. I read a lot of reviews for different powders and decided to go with this one. I ordered it online and just chose the same color that I am in the Studio Fix powder..so I was taking a gamble. When I received it I was really impressed! The color matched perfectly, it was really silky, I loved the finish it gave, it controlled oil, and it didn't break me out. I never like to break makeup..but in this case I was fine with it, because I actually like this powder better than Blot. I will repurchase.