Banana Boat VitaSkin Instant Sunless Tanning Lotion-Dark

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Too bad this self tanner has been discontinued. I used this for my wedding in 2003 and it looked perfectly natural. I bought about a dozen of these when I just happened to see it at Dollar Tree. (and I almost NEVER go to dollar stores; only about 2-3 times per year) I love the natural look it gave me but my only complaint was that the tinted lotion rubbed off on clothing and furniture, but that didn't give it a streaky or splotchy effect. When I run out of these I will be using Loreal Sublime Bronze. A woman at the store saw me looking at it and said that it was a good product and that she had used it in the last few days. That also looked natural, and she said she was as fair skinned as I am. (I'm a MAC NC15)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I simply LOVE this stuff... I get asked all the time if I went away somewhere, thats how naturall this looks. Goes on smooth, and doesn't give me any breakouts at all, which is always a PLUS. I have rebought this several times already!!!

This is one of the best self tanners I have used. I have spent so much money on these products and I have to say this is one of the better ones on the market.

on 3/4/2004 8:55:00 PM

I really love this lotion. This was my first attempt at selftanner and i gotta say i really do love it.

on 1/25/2004 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Of all self tanners I've tried (incl. dior, clinique, lancŰme, estee lauder), this is the best! (I have it in light/medium, though.) It doesn't have the icky smell, it gives me the perfect tan, doesn't cause breakouts on my skin (I use it on my face as well, blended with moisturizer) and does not streak at all!! Plus, it was very cheap:) Didn't really care for the packaging, though...

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great for red heads !!! it gave me a nice looking tan.

on 7/4/2003 2:15:00 PM

I am quite fair and usually opt for the safety of the tried and true Clairns brand, however, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper and something that might go a bit darker. After using this product I can say that I am very happy that I tried it. I found it went on nicely, the tint is a very light caramel that rubs right in doesnít leave behind any messy bronze color, the smell is light and then almost disappears entirely, it didnít seem to turn into that odd smell a lot of ST have after awhile. The color developed to a nice brown color on me, I found with daily exfoliation and moisturising that it fades fairly evenly. The only negative thing is that does get a bit of a yellowy tint as it fades. Overall for price and for the results that are achieved I think that this is a good one to try.

on 5/19/2003 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am strawberry blonde and VERY fair with blue eyes. Needless to say, I don't tan naturally. I have tried several self tanners, many smelled terrible, flaked off on my clothes or streaked. This one is the bomb! My first impression is it has virtually no smell, second it is thick and easy to apply. It never streaks and wears off naturally not to mention it leaves you skin silky smooth. Thumbs up, won't buy another.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this stuff by the dozen at the dollar store. The instant bronzer was great, it added a good dose of color immediately. The color that developed was quite dark as well. This stuff was kind of drying, but not as bad as some other self tanners. Smell wasn't great, but the color was worth it. It's easy to use, as you can see where you've applied. The pumps always broke, but that's not a big deal. I really liked this stuff, I'm sorry I haven't found more. There's other self-tanners just as good, but the price made this stuff fab.

I love this stuff! I use the light/medium shade. It soaks into my skin very quickly and turns into a nice natural light tan within a few hours. I don't get any streaks and its smell is much more bearable than other brands.