Banana Boat VitaSkin Instant Sunless Tanning Lotion-Dark

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/30/2003 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh God, this was *the worst*! About two minutes after applying this, my legs were on fire, burning like crazy. In addition, there were little flakes of tanner all over my legs (like when you use an eraser, the little rubber eraser particles that you brush away). This is a tanner you rub on, and as I rubbed, the tanner left those flakes everywhere. Finally, about 7 minutes after applying, the burning was so bad I had to go wash everything off. This tanner is NOT recommended by me.

on 4/4/2003 9:18:00 PM

I had a good experience with this self tanner. I usuall use ligh-medium but I wanted to see if dark would show up better. This is a lotion-gel tinted formula in a pump. It applied well for me, no burning like the previous user. I awoke with a nice, natural looking tan. I did only apply this on my legs. Will be a summer staple.

on 4/6/2003 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although I did not purchase the dark, (I got the light/medium) this product worked VERY well for me. It has a wonderful fragarance, which is so suprising for a self tanner, and it dried in 5 minutes! No more standing buck naked in the bathroom during drying time!! A big plus for me. I will definitely be purchasing again.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good self-tanner for the price, but not the best out there. On me, it leaves a very natural color. It's easy to apply (I love the pump dispenser), not streaky, and dries super fast. The color guide (tint) is pretty subtle and doesn't wear off on clothes. It smells better than most when applying, but later the standard self-tanner smell emerges. The color is fairly long-lasting. It's just not quite as foolproof as Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant. However, I've tried many drugstore self-tanners and this gives the best results by far.

on 5/4/2003 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product went on smoothly and the smell isn't unpleasant. However, it started flaking off of me about a day after I applied it. My mom also tried it and had the same problem. My boyfriend asked me what was wrong with my skin. I have been using STs for a while now and this is the first one that did this to me.

on 5/19/2003 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am strawberry blonde and VERY fair with blue eyes. Needless to say, I don't tan naturally. I have tried several self tanners, many smelled terrible, flaked off on my clothes or streaked. This one is the bomb! My first impression is it has virtually no smell, second it is thick and easy to apply. It never streaks and wears off naturally not to mention it leaves you skin silky smooth. Thumbs up, won't buy another.

on 5/19/2003 3:06:00 PM

I really like this product for a streak-free tan. The color isn't as dark as Neutrogena dark foam, and is pretty easy to apply. I would purchase this again, because the smell isn't that bad either.

on 5/30/2003 5:42:00 PM

This is a pretty decent self-tanner. I actually LIKE the scent, which is rare for me when it comes to tanners. The lotion is rich and moisturizing and the color turns out pretty even and nice. It lasts a pretty long time as well without having to reapply everyday (unlike Ban de Soleil, Neutrogena, etc.) I took away one lippie, however, because I noticed it fades kinda weird. But that's only when I'm lazy and don't have time to reapply every few days or so. All in all a wonderful product IMO.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great smell. Watermelony! Very unusual for a self-tanner. I just gave up Clarins Self-Tanning Milk after years of spending $26 a pop to use it on my face.

This is only the first day I've used it, but Banana Boat Vitaskin is creamy, thick, and soaks into my skin pretty easily. I have very sensitive skin but it didn't bother me a lick, even on my face, and I also put it on right after shaving my legs. No problems!

It has a little bit of tint, but nothing like the fake orange color of Estee Lauder's Go Bronze, which stains everything.

I would definitely recommend this self-tanner, although I also want to try the Banana Boat Dark Creme that's gotten such great reviews.

on 7/4/2003 2:15:00 PM

I am quite fair and usually opt for the safety of the tried and true Clairns brand, however, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper and something that might go a bit darker. After using this product I can say that I am very happy that I tried it. I found it went on nicely, the tint is a very light caramel that rubs right in doesnít leave behind any messy bronze color, the smell is light and then almost disappears entirely, it didnít seem to turn into that odd smell a lot of ST have after awhile. The color developed to a nice brown color on me, I found with daily exfoliation and moisturising that it fades fairly evenly. The only negative thing is that does get a bit of a yellowy tint as it fades. Overall for price and for the results that are achieved I think that this is a good one to try.