Banana Boat VitaSkin Instant Sunless Tanning Lotion-Dark

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this stuff by the dozen at the dollar store. The instant bronzer was great, it added a good dose of color immediately. The color that developed was quite dark as well. This stuff was kind of drying, but not as bad as some other self tanners. Smell wasn't great, but the color was worth it. It's easy to use, as you can see where you've applied. The pumps always broke, but that's not a big deal. I really liked this stuff, I'm sorry I haven't found more. There's other self-tanners just as good, but the price made this stuff fab.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

BIG RAVE from me! I got this in dark. Altho it didnt turn me as dark as my L'Oreal Sublime Bronze, Im still tan and natural looking. I look healthy! I'm very pleased with this. Esp the fact that its at Big Lots right now for less that $3 for almost 6 oz! I massaged it on after a shower and exfoliation. It dried a lot faster than my L'Oreal SB. I put on some loose fitted clothes and went about the rest of my day like normal. I smelled a very slight scent of that telltale tanner smell but it wasnt nealry as strong as many other ST Ive tried. I definately recommend this tanning lotion. Its cheap but it works great! Minues 1 lippie because the pump on my bottle was acting retarded.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I simply LOVE this stuff... I get asked all the time if I went away somewhere, thats how naturall this looks. Goes on smooth, and doesn't give me any breakouts at all, which is always a PLUS. I have rebought this several times already!!!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

At first I was really happy with this.... "oooh honey, look at how tan I am..." then I went walking on the beach and noticed that I looked orange compared to all of the people with REAL tans. oh well. I have done some research since this incident and found another self tanner worth a try called Savage Bronze Mousse.....(found at Sally's beauty) Good stuff ladies, good stuff, not as dark as one might like, but very natural looking.

on 7/4/2003 2:15:00 PM

I am quite fair and usually opt for the safety of the tried and true Clairns brand, however, I wanted to try something a bit cheaper and something that might go a bit darker. After using this product I can say that I am very happy that I tried it. I found it went on nicely, the tint is a very light caramel that rubs right in doesnít leave behind any messy bronze color, the smell is light and then almost disappears entirely, it didnít seem to turn into that odd smell a lot of ST have after awhile. The color developed to a nice brown color on me, I found with daily exfoliation and moisturising that it fades fairly evenly. The only negative thing is that does get a bit of a yellowy tint as it fades. Overall for price and for the results that are achieved I think that this is a good one to try.

on 5/4/2003 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product went on smoothly and the smell isn't unpleasant. However, it started flaking off of me about a day after I applied it. My mom also tried it and had the same problem. My boyfriend asked me what was wrong with my skin. I have been using STs for a while now and this is the first one that did this to me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a very good self-tanner for the price, but not the best out there. On me, it leaves a very natural color. It's easy to apply (I love the pump dispenser), not streaky, and dries super fast. The color guide (tint) is pretty subtle and doesn't wear off on clothes. It smells better than most when applying, but later the standard self-tanner smell emerges. The color is fairly long-lasting. It's just not quite as foolproof as Clarins Gelee Auto Bronzant. However, I've tried many drugstore self-tanners and this gives the best results by far.