The Body Shop Milk Body Cream

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked the smell of this, pretty light and not too heavy. It is on the expensive side, but it lasts a LONG time, so its worth it. It moisturizes well, but takes some time to soak in to my skin, so I gave it 4.

on 7/8/2005 7:54:00 PM

Great moisturizer that isn't too heavy or greasy and sinks in well. It has a pleasant creamy milky scent that's comforting and soft. Makes my skin super soft. I like this better than some ofthe TBS body butters because the scent isn't overpowering and it isn't greasy. A bit pricey but the generous jar lasts a very long time. I will repurchase.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/10/2005 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cream, mainly for the sweet, vanilla-ish scent. This sinks in a bit more than the Body Butters and is quite nice on a cool day.

on 2/5/2005 9:00:00 PM

This cream a is fantastic moisturizer for my very dry, itchy winter skin. It does leave me very soft and smooth. I even like the smell, although it is a bit artificial. I guess you can't have everything.

I have ridiculously dry skin, and in the winter, it gets even worse. I can use lotion in the summer, but come winter, I need some heavy-duty moisture. After trying just about everything available in the drugstore, I broke down and went to the Body Shop. The only reason I did, was because I was "employment disadvantaged" at the time, and I wanted to return the product if I didn't like it and didn't want to pay for shipping. Otherwise, I would've ordered from one of the e-tailers. I balked at the price - $16 for 8oz! Is there gold dust in this stuff? But like I said, I'd tried everything else, so I sucked it up and bought it. I really like this stuff. I mean, REALLY. I love the consistency - it's not greasy at all on me and absorbs much better than the TBS body butters. I also really like the fragrance. I guess it's different for everyone, but on me, it smells a lot like Bath and Body Works' Vanilla Bean Noel. I love VBN, so this is great. I'm back among the ranks of the employed and could afford to shop around now - if I wanted to. But I don't want to. I'm sticking with this body cream. It just might be my holy grail.

I use this mostly during winter, when my skin gets extra dry. The smell is great (like frosting), but I get sick of it after a while.

on 8/23/2004 2:09:00 PM

My sister thinks I smell like Hello Kitty stationary. :)
I liked the scent, its cute. But the jar is annoying and the cream is too greasy. Plus its expensive so I don't think I'll be smelling like hello kitty anymore.

on 6/7/2004 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love, love, love this body cream! It smells delicious and leaves my super dry skin feeling smooth and soft all day!! I have already recommended this cream to a few of my friends and they love it and have bought it as well!

on 4/8/2004 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this body lotion. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, keeps me feeling moisurized all day, and I love love love the way it feels when it goes on - soft but not greasy, and absorbs quickly to leave skin feeling honestly baby-soft. And it's organic, which I like. Oh, and try the milk bath powder in the same line - it's expensive stuff, but better than any bath oil.

Not a fan of the scent. This lotion seems good for massaging but not for everyday use. It is too greasy, with too much residue. Nope! Not for me!