LUSH Lush Bath Bomb

3.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lush bath bombs are a mixed bag for me. I really do adore Lush, I strongly support the idea of packaging free bathing materials and these are an excellent way to pamper yourself or others. There is a huge range of scents, ones with bath oils/sprinkles/pop rocks mixed in, seasonal and year long styles and everything in between. To truly experience them you really have to go in store and look at their current selection.

But, and this is a big but, of all the products Lush makes, these have a tendency to irritate me the most. I used to take baths with them regularly, and when I went to Lush I wouldn't blink at grabbing 4 or 5 at a time. But some of the irritation went beyond just bumps, redness, or itchiness, into major discomfort and even (TMI disclosure) UTI's. It took me years to figure out why I was having the issue because I never took baths on a schedule, just as a way to relax.

Now I focus more on Lush body washes or their skincare range, but I do buy an occasional bath bomb. If I shower off after it seems to mostly prevent the sensitivity issues. But I wrote a longer review so others who may have this issue can either pinpoint it or at least be warned.

Pros: Some of the best selection of bath bombs, the core values of Lush are admirable, the scents are amazing and the bathing experience is usually worth every penny. A face mask, bath bomb and a candle are my idea of peace and calm.

Cons: Expensive (there are alternatives all over these days if you want them!), the ingredients and oils used can cause irritation for sensitive skin, you can buy many of the same scents in their body wash or soap.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I've tried all the bath bombs from Lush and I love all of them, especially the ones from their christmas collection!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Sex Bomb is amazing. The calming effect is really noticeable - I sleep like a baby after one of these bad boys. Butter Ball is really hydrating for dry skin. Good price point for the quality and cruelty free.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i have only bought one bath bomb and i was impressed! It made my skin soft and smelling amazing, but first time users could experience irritation since they contain many ingredients.
ovarall i would buy again

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought "Sex Bomb", which is the most popular. Jasmine is the strongest note of it's scent, but it's very much a "sexy" scent. The bomb itself is pink and purple and looks pretty sketchy. When you drop it in the water it starts to fizz. At first I thought that it was actually going to blow up. But it's some sort of chemical reaction that produces tons of pink fizz which then dissolves in the water and turns the water pink. There is a hidden "prize" inside the bomb. Mine was a pink flower that was made out of rubber or something gross. I threw it out because it was really nasty. The scent quickly fizzled out and when my flatmate got home, she couldn't tell that I had ever used one. Left no residue on my bathtub. It did leave a lingering fragrance to my skin that I find very pleasing. So overall, this product is something I'd use maybe once a month when I'm having a really, really bad day and want to pamper myself. It's otherwise pointless and not something you should spend your money on if you're very poor, like I am. My bath bomb cost me $7.14 after tax.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So I bought 2 of the LUSH bath bombs. One was "Father Christmas" & I forget the other one cause I already tried at and I must say, it's amazing! It fizzed right when it popped in and stuff came gushing out which kinda disgusted me but that's fine. It made me so relaxed and I would defs buy it again!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love seeing all the different fragrances they come out with, and I use them pretty frequently. They are sensitive enough for my sensitive skin, and smell lovely. These are great pamper products! My favorite is the ickle baby bot! No, I'm not a child, but its perfect for my sensitive skin and is similar(I would even say better) than their other lavender scented bath bomb. Plus its cheaper, which is always nice.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love LUSH Bath Bombs! My all time fave is Think Pink. It smells like a garden mixed with vanilla bean. Butterball and Blackberry are great too. They make skin soft and lightly perfumed. I usually make a cocktail of a bath bomb with a piece of broken off bubble bar for an ultra luxurious bath.

I have to say, I've been VERY disappointed with these products from LUSH. So far I've used 4 different bath bombs: Sex Bomb, Big Blue, Youki-hi, and Honey Bee. Sex Bomb smelled nice and turned my water pink, which was cool. For my first bath bomb experience, I was pleased. Big Blue turned my water a nice blue color (I hosed it so the seaweed wouldn't get all over), and I smell was really nice, but I couldn't really smell very strongly which kind of disappointed me. But I also smashed this bomb before using it so I could get more than 1 use out of it, so I thought that was to blame. Next I used Honey Bee, I was VERY disappointed. Couldn't smell it at all. Same with Youki-hi! NO SMELL! Honestly, these things are fool proof! You drop it in the bath, it fizzes, and it should produce a strong smell at least! What a waste. I do still want to try a few more. Maybe some are stronger than others?

I tried big blue. i was soo excited to put it in my bath when i got home. BIG dissipointment! i put it in my water and it only tinted my water. it barely had any sent to it. after wards it mad my skin red and bumpy. i have to say it was a waste of money and time!

Popular Bath Treatments