Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has to be one of my favourite foundations. As I’m an oily gal, I need a foundation that can stay put all day. This one is perfect for oily skins but you need to use the right primer. The wrong primer will ruin any good foundation. I will be repurchasing as I have not found another foundation that can stay put.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have really dry skin so I apply this once I've prepped my skin with lots of moisturising cream. A little goes a long way and it's medium to full coverage. No horrible smell like those mac foundations. This is similar to the nars foundation (my HG), it gives a a lovely dewy finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have very oily sensitive acne prone skin and this is another foundation that broke me out so bad Im not even bother to try their new formula. I am not sure which ingredient caused this which haunts me til this day but I guess it was the one with sulfate-ending PLUS it is sooooo cakey, even on my oily skin. Nothing close to "looking natural" when I put this on. I'm glad it turned out to be HG for some people but you have to be very very lucky to not breaking out using this.

Maybe the best foundation for all skin types except very dry.This foundation need suitable silicone primer το “write” raigh otherwise bame easy caky and looks heavy.I use Nyx pore filler primer ...this silikones create the ideal canva for easy smooth application ever under the eyes.
The color shades of double wear are the best you can find for the human skin lol.

I have Fitzpatrick 2 and I use 2c3 fresco in winter.3c2 pebble and 4c3 soft tan in summer. Also combinations. These shaver are cool / rosy.maybe turn ashy sometimes but I don’t like orange ...yellow etc from the N and W line for no reason
Hope help

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quite simply, the best and most versatile foundation on the market. It is a high coverage, long wearing foundation, available in 36 shades. With that as a start, you can then mix it with other products and alter it for other purposes. If you are feeling dry and want a more dewy finish, add in your favourite face oil. If you want more of a glow, mix in one of your glowy type primers e.g. MAC Strobe Cream. If you want to change the tone of it, add in a tint of mix it with one of your other foundations. If you want a more sheer finish, mix it in with your moisturiser or SPF. It honestly can't be beat. I have tried countless other foundations, I guess to just try something new, but each time, without fail I come back to this and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place.

Im not certain I have the words to describe how much a hate this crusty a** foundation.
Skin type = normal to kinda dry
This foundation was cakey, dry as all hell, every single colour/undertone is orange/peachy/pinky blehh vomit gross. Thick cakey horrible ugly orange hot mess. Why do so many people like this pumpless bottle of s***??

Excellent product delivering great coverage and fantastic staying power. No smudging, redness seeping through or discomfort. Simply loving it. The color "Sand" is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw all the fantastic reviews and gave into the hype. When I started using it, I thought I'd found my HG foundation; my pores looked smaller, my face looked smooth, the shade was perfect plus a little goes a long way for the amount of coverage you get. BUT after a month or so of using it, I started breaking out in comedonal acne/tiny bumps all over my face, especially on my forehead and it took ages to go away. I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This one of my HG foundation I have been using it for years blends well into the skin,coverage is finaminal my only draw back is it does not carry a pump.also I am on the hunt for a good replacement because customer service is AWFUL ,and two of the "new face of EL" is a no no..and the "Edit line" ad campaign definately was not my cup of tea..so hence sorry no more EL for me..

I'd always thought this was my holy grail. After realizing that it breaks me out, I still can't help but give it a good rating. Maybe it's just me that has broken out on this, or maybe it's the way I cleansed. Nevertheless, it is a great foundation that I will save for special occasions.

pros:
+ long long long lasting
+ great coverage and smooth look
+ may seem pricey but the whole bottle goes a long way
+ great selection of shades (the only foundation where I got a perfect match)
+ good oil control
+ looks great on photos

cons:
- problematic ingredients despite being marketed as comedogenic
- difficult to cleanse from the skin as it is heavy and long-lasting