Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. I tried it back in 2015 and I thought that a long lasting I full coverage foundation was exactly what I needed. I have combo skin (very oily t-zone and dry bits on my chin) and back then I was living in a place with very humid, warm weather. Nothing kept me looking decent, and usually after lunch I was already looking like a grease ball. I used this foundation for a while, maybe a couple of months. I cringe at the memory of it! Back then I didn’t think it looked bad, specially because I was in a very sunny, warm place like I said. But that winter I travelled to Finland for work and my gawd! Every picture I took look positively GOLDEN/OLIVE. For reference, I have light skin with yellow undertones, but now leaning more towards neutral (still warm, just not as much). I was matched to 2W2 Rattan and initially I thought it was a good match. Boy was I wrong. I was looking muddy and almost olive green in my pictures. I also noticed that it accentuated my pores horribly! And having oily skin with visible pores around my nose I always use a pore filling smoothing primer (Porefessional or Maybelline Baby Skin). The foundation looked heavy, definitely a “makeupy” looking makeup, and it creased on me (specially around my mouth – I have somewhat visible laugh lines). I tried mixing it with other foundations to see if I could make it work. The best combination was using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (I couldn’t use this one on its own because I had bought the wrong shade by mistake and it was too light for me –Shade 10). And it helped with the color issue and a bit with the finish issue too. It looked much better. Still, very difficult to make it work, not fast enough for my hectic morning routines (I’m always in a rush). Overall, not the product for me. Not by a mile. Specially now that I live in rainy, cool Ireland where it’s never that warm, and my skin is slowly adjusting to this, producing a little bit less oil (still very oily tho) and rocking a paler shade (cause sunny days are a rarity here).

- The price is kinda up there, but it's not that bad if you love the product. I don't think you need a lot of this, so it will probably last a decent amount of time.

- About the packaging: It can get messy, but everyone always comments on it. It's heavy and feels "expensive", nice glass bottle. Not the best for travelling.

- Application: I used to apply this with a beauty blender to try and sheer it out a bit and get a more natural finish. I wasn't that successful at it, as it still looked heavy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Another HG product! Double wear foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation which can be used daily. Its matte for me and has a decent staying powder. I use the shade tawny which is a good match for my skin tone. My friends say that this foundation covers my pores and makes my skin look really good while not even seeming medium or full coverage which is a great thing. I also use NARS sheer glow and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. In comparison, this lasts the longest while luminous silk doesn't last as well. NARS gives the best glow to my skin while luminous silk is the moooost natural looking and the smoothest. So I use all of them for different purposes. A point to note is that the shades look very different from each other in the bottle so maybe that't why some look more natural or glowly than the others.

As this product lasts pretty long and has a good coverage, just be careful of removing it really well as it might clog your pores if you don't remove it well before sleeping or something.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of foundation, in the search for the perfect one for my extreme oily face. ELDW gives a matte finish, with medium to full coverage. The BA matched me with Tawny, my shade is usually NC37/40 with MAC studiofix. The finish immo is similar to studiofix or studiotech, but with a little loose powder, ELDW lasts much much longer. It stays in my face until I take it off in the morning before going to bed. Of course I still have to blot every few hours, for me it is a miracle.

The downside is, because of the full coverage, the face tends to get a little bit flat, so if you have a dry skin, you need to contour a bit or give a little highlighter on the cheek area. Since I have an extremely oily face, I don't need to, the oil will show within a few minutes, and gives me that dewy finish.

And the glass bottle, it's a little bit hard to pour a small amount on the top of your hand, maybe it's the consistency. I often pour too much than I need to.

Overall, this is my HG foundation that i wear on daily basis, i feel like i have something on my face, but it doesn't bother me, I learned to ignore it. I'm with my 3rd bottle, and will always repurchase until it is discontinued.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is my first liquid foundation that I've tried and the first 2-3 times I tried it, I have to admit that I absolutely hated it; I have clogged, noticeable pores on my nose and it just served to highlight it. But otherwise, I loved how it evened out my skin tone; I didn't even realize how discolored my skin is until I put it on and I don't even recognize myself anymore! I looked like a perfect doll! However, to my surprise, I tried it again recently and it did not look bad at all; although it still highlighted my pores, it was much better. I cannot speak to oil-control until next time, but shade-wise, I think I found my true love!

After reading so much bad reviews about the new reformulated Este Lauder double wear with no SPF in it. I faster set off to my departmental store and is glad that they are still selling the old formulation in my country. I faster purchase a backup, just in case they change everything to the new formulation.

I love the double wear foundation as I have super oily face. Even if my face is oily, it's still look polished wearing it.. This is what I like about the double wear. I hope they will change back to the old formulation since the new formulation has so many negative feedbacks.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love double wear (even after their recent reformulation)! It's one of the very best stay in place foundations for combination-oily skin. It doesn't streak or run once it's been applied and the color range is amazing! I feel that for my pink undertone skin, the natural really evens me out. It creates a flawless finish without being over done or unnatural. The foundation doesn't change colors in the sun and it does contain a very light spf. I love that you can wear this foundation all day long and it really does stay! It wont rub off on to your clothing once you've allowed it to dry and if you touch your face you won't come away with a makeup-y feeling on your hands.

The only downside to this foundation is do not take photos with it! The flash does horrors to this foundation and completely whites you out!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Emma Pickles on Youtube uses this and her skin is to die for. This is full coverage, has better oil control than even the gold standard Hourglass Immaculate or MUFE Mat Velvet, doesn't transfer and is long lasting on my uber oily skin. Shade 1W2 is a perfect match for NC25-30. Does not break out my sensitive acne-prone skin. Because it is opaque, using very little still renders a natural-looking velvet finish. I find this applies best with a stippling brush. Covers large pores, hyperpigmentation, redness. No complaints, simply a HG foundation for me, even after I've tried all those new so-called high tech foundations (and was not impressed). I've gotten numerous compliments on my "flawless" skin, even though it really isn't (large pores, oily, uneven, acne marks).

hi beautiful ladies...

i just loved estee lauder dw. i would recommend to all those ladies who are looking for full flawless coverage which stays looooong. ur skin look neatly covered and beautiful throught the day irrespective of the weather.
just remember to moisturise ur skin completly before applying eldw.

i will surely buy it again.

happy holiday:)

I m an outdoor sales rep, i need a foundation that covers well and last in a humid country. This works better than most foundations like color stay. Will continue to buy!

UPDATE (October 2017): STILL THE BEST FOUNDATION EVER! Wow, it has been five years and I'm still using this foundation. I've repurchased twice and I'm still so pleased with the results it gives. It's a full coverage and long lasting foundation. However, I prefer a sheer finish so I've been using a damp beauty blender to apply this foundation. I work in sections because it dries rather quickly. It works well over my serum, sunscreen, moisturizer or primer. On days when my skin feels dry, I use it over my moisturiser (without primer). Some days, I use it over EL Advanced Night Repair. With a primer, it seems to last longer and the matte finish stays on longer too. Sometimes, I apply it with my fingers. However, a damp beauty blender gives a smoother, airbrushed finish. I don't use a lot, so it looks rather natural and smooth. Never cakes at all.

BEST FOUNDATION EVER! Considering that this foundation has been around for so long, it is little wonder that it's exceptionally good. I wish I had tried this years ago. Over the years, I've read some reviews about it being thick, cakey and prone to causing break outs and that deterred me from trying this gem.

I'm so glad that I finally tried this! I was looking for a foundation that lasts yet looks natural. This is definitely my HG! Previously, my HG was Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation in 2.5 Warm Sand. BB's Skin is sheer yet covers well, is buildable, looks natural and lasts really long too. ELDW lasts much, much longer and is a better colour match. Bobbi's foundations are mostly yellow-based, and so can look very yellowish (and almost unnatural as a result)! Thus, as with any foundation, getting the right match is important.

Like many reviewers have mentioned, ELDW is similar to Revlon Colorstay, for which my best match is Nude. But my skin looks dull at the end of the day when I use CS, and it gets a little cakey in some areas. I've also used many different foundations ranging from high end ones to drug store favourites. ELDW beats them all! I've also used ELDW Light in Intensity 2.0. It's a pain to find the right shade in ELDW Light. I feel that the difference in terms of coverage is minimal. It's better to just get the ELDW, which has many shades to choose from. I also found the ELDW Light stickier and doesn't set as well.

Revlon Colorstay broke me out. I didn't realize it and blamed the break outs on hormonal changes. I always wash my face thoroughly, so I didn't think Revlon CS was causing the bumps and blemishes. I stopped using it and after a while, my skin cleared. I'm also using Estee Lauder Advanced Night Recovery. It's my HG serum, and it helped with healing the bumps and blemishes. I would never use Revlon CS ever again! CS also smells like paint! I can handle the smell and it fades after a short while, but it really smells cheap and paint-like. There's no noticeable scent/smell in ELDW.

I've tried using a paddle brush (MAC 190, Estee Lauder foundation and BB foundation ), stippling brush (MAC Duo Fiber), make-up wedges and my fingers. Using a brush and ANY sponge actually wastes a lot of product. A duo fiber gives an airbrushed look while a normal foundation brush such as MAC 190 gives excellent coverage and makes for quick application. I prefer using my finger so there is less wastage and I can adjust the coverage; extra dabs on areas which need more coverage and less foundation on areas which don't. ELDW covers my dark circles really well, and I don't need to use a concealer. Doesn't settle on fine lines and stays put all day and all night. Coverage is medium to full and buildable. It sets pretty fast but is easy to work with. I don't need a loose powder to set this awesome foundation. It looks perfect, flawless and matte. After about an hour, I notice that it looks less matte, but that helps to make it look even more natural! Amazing!

I'm amazed at its ability to cover redness. My skin looks flawless and natural. I believe less is more, so those who find ELDW cakey and thick might actually be using too much. I shake the bottle before every use and use only what's on the bottom of the screw cap. That's more than enough for my entire face. I would have preferred a pump but since I'm using the foundation from the bottom of the screw cap, it's really not an issue. I don't find it troublesome or messy. The bottle feels heavy and luxurious with a lovely matte finish that I adore! I also have the Double Wear concealer in Light Medium, which I got from a gift set. I rarely use it because ELDW gives excellent coverage. I just dab a little more on areas which require extra coverage. It just blends in seamlessly without looking cakey.

I was matched to Tawny on my first try. The MA must have been color blind because it made me look like I had just gotten an instant tan! Found it way too dark and it also made me look dull. Then I was matched to a new shade (2W1 Dawn). It was a good match, but didn't feel perfect. There was still a slight dullness to it. So I tried 1W2 Sand... PERFECT match! Looks flawless, fresh, bright and absolutely lovely...!

For reference, I'm NC25-30 in MAC and I've found good matches in Bobbi Brown Skin in 2.5 Warm Sand, Bobbi Brown Natural Finish in 2 Sand and Revlon CS (which I will not use ever again) in 200 Nude. The other foundations I've used are not worth mentioning because the shades aren't such perfect matches.