Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have really dry skin so I apply this once I've prepped my skin with lots of moisturising cream. A little goes a long way and it's medium to full coverage. No horrible smell like those mac foundations. This is similar to the nars foundation (my HG), it gives a a lovely dewy finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have very oily sensitive acne prone skin and this is another foundation that broke me out so bad Im not even bother to try their new formula. I am not sure which ingredient caused this which haunts me til this day but I guess it was the one with sulfate-ending PLUS it is sooooo cakey, even on my oily skin. Nothing close to "looking natural" when I put this on. I'm glad it turned out to be HG for some people but you have to be very very lucky to not breaking out using this.

Maybe the best foundation for all skin types except very dry.This foundation need suitable silicone primer το “write” raigh otherwise bame easy caky and looks heavy.I use Nyx pore filler primer ...this silikones create the ideal canva for easy smooth application ever under the eyes.
The color shades of double wear are the best you can find for the human skin lol.

I have Fitzpatrick 2 and I use 2c3 fresco in winter.3c2 pebble and 4c3 soft tan in summer. Also combinations. These shaver are cool / rosy.maybe turn ashy sometimes but I don’t like orange ...yellow etc from the N and W line for no reason
Hope help

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw all the fantastic reviews and gave into the hype. When I started using it, I thought I'd found my HG foundation; my pores looked smaller, my face looked smooth, the shade was perfect plus a little goes a long way for the amount of coverage you get. BUT after a month or so of using it, I started breaking out in comedonal acne/tiny bumps all over my face, especially on my forehead and it took ages to go away. I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This one of my HG foundation I have been using it for years blends well into the skin,coverage is finaminal my only draw back is it does not carry a pump.also I am on the hunt for a good replacement because customer service is AWFUL ,and two of the "new face of EL" is a no no..and the "Edit line" ad campaign definately was not my cup of tea..so hence sorry no more EL for me..

I really want to love this foundation but it never works out for my dry to combination skin no matter how much I try to find away to make my skin love it. I believe in this foundation but no matter how many tries I do to give it a chance, it disappoints me.

pros:
-wide range of shades
-medium to full coverage
-good for oily
-longwear
-doesn't clog pores

cons
-looks flakey especially if you did not exfoliate before applying
-if you are dry skin you might want to double or triple moisturise
-heavy to look at on skin
-clings on dry patches
-others might prefer the bottle to go with a pump

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I wear this foundation in the shade 'Tawny' on a daily basis and have for around 2 years since finding it and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
It leaves my skin looking so flawless, i apply it early in the morning then go through a full 8 hours at work, then a night out, and come home to it looking just as beautiful as when i first applied it.
The coverage is full, yet not cakey. It doesn't oxidise on me or settle into my fine lines which i've noticed most other matte, full coverage foundations do. It blends well and doesn't transfer.
This is my holy grail and I've repurchased many a times. Although my skin is no where near perfect I get so many compliments when wearing it!
Definitely recommend going to get colour matched and picking this up if you're in the market for an amazing foundation :)

( i use a mac pump with it, fits perfectly) x

I worked for Lauder way back in '97 & did so for several years. I got hooked on this foundation & can't make a change. I have tried MAC, Lancôme, some cheapies with good reviews but nothing is as good as this, in my opinion. It stays on, the color is perfect for my skin tone & I love the coverage.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I haven't purchased the new reformulated product, but I've been using this for about a year- not daily though because it is pretty heavy, but this is a medium-full coverage foundation. My fave foundation! And I've tried so many! It lasts long & does not oxidize, nor separate even in the heat. It's perfect for my skin! I am combo/oily, but because summer is in the corner I tend to be more on the oily side. I will repurchase when I run out! Worth the price! I wish they included a pump without having to purchase separately, but overall even the packaging is great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Could not use liquid foundations for years because other they break me out or i look like a mask. After trying so many foundations, this is the one i stuck to. It is not the most natural looking , but does not give me pimples, stays on more or less all day and I did manage to find the right shade (good choice). It is still not my holy grail but it is quite close to it :)