Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed

4.3

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have really dry skin so I apply this once I've prepped my skin with lots of moisturising cream. A little goes a long way and it's medium to full coverage. No horrible smell like those mac foundations. This is similar to the nars foundation (my HG), it gives a a lovely dewy finish.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am reviewing the new formula of Double Wear that Estee Lauder released in 2012.

Estee Lauder recently vamped up their formula and also came out with new shades that have more of a warm-yellow undertone. I was matched to the shades, 2W2 Rattan & 3W2 Cashew mixed together, which suits my NC35 coloring but I didn't want to purchase both so I decided to get the lighter shade Rattan and just use a bronzer. Cashew I believe would be perfect for someone who is NC40 and Rattan would suit between NC25 - NC30.

I have very oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is definitely a matte, long wearing foundation that can withstand humidity/heat better than any foundation I've tried. It keeps my t-zone matte reasonably, I only have to blot and powder by lunchtime on a working day and it doesn't aggravate my skin or cause breakouts but I have noticed slight clogged pores especially around my nose, but no breakouts.

It lasts beautifully, I've gone through a whole work day and into the night and I still have a relatively matte, concealed complexion, its amazing for its lasting power! I apply this with my fingers to warm up the product so that its easier to spread. If I needed to pick at something, it would be the application; Its not very "spreadable" and you have to buff it in fast, but as long as you get the hand of it, it looks flawless.

This does dry down a bit 'stiff' feeling. I can't explain it but you can feel it on your skin and it is not moisturising whatsoever. It feels very noticeable for me personally when I have it on. I was quite surprised when I used this for the first time, after reading so much reviews and watching people on YouTube applying this endless amounts of time, I expected it to be full coverage but it isn't. This new formula has a medium-buildable coverage and I needed to go over certain areas with more foundation or concealer.

Double Wear does have SPF and it unfortunately does flash back for me, so it's not the best for flash photography.

The packaging is classy with the gold lid and frosted glass but no pump which I'm not impressed with for a high-end foundation. I prefer pumps for hygeine so for the price I would expect one.

Overall, I'm happy that I picked this up as its fast become a favourite for extreme heat and humidity. I feel it is a bit heavy for my liking if I wear it all over so I like to use this exclusively in my t-zone to control oil which is works great for. Highly recommend you try this out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I think the negative reviews about this foundation being cakey and thick are from individuals who doesn't know how to apply it.

This is the kind of foundation where you absolutely NEED to apply with a damp makeup sponge.

I have applied it with my fingers a few times, but is goes on too thick and end up looking cakey, and because it is so thick it also make cracks in the fine lines around the eyes and mouth.

It also dry VERY quick, and if it is not on in time, it will start looking unnatural and patchy - so I would not recommend building up the coverage.

HOWEVER if you know how to apply a light layer, it looks GREAT, has good coverage and lasts all day !

I have acne, and the most oily skin, and this is the only foundation I have used who have controlled my oily skin, and not given me more acne.

But for me it is just too much work. I often have a hard time applying it fast enough, and have to remove all and re-apply it!

On rare occasions, because the foundation is like concrete, the oil in my skin goes "through" the foundation and create huge looking pores instead of just making my face look greasy - which is almost worse!! You cannot "fix" it, and need to remove all the foundation and re-apply! (or I at least have to)

So I recommend this foundation for people with acne and light oily skin. Not people with dry skin, or VERY oily skin :o)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I had this foundation in a shade or two too light. But I blended a darker powder which is my exact complexion ( Maybelline Fit Me #245 ) on top. So it worked okay except for flash photos. But its lasting power and coverage was great. I received this as a gift. But may purchase this later in the future. Im thinking of trying Kat Von Ds Tattoo Lock it Foundation next. But overall great foundation EL.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This is the perfect foundation ever!!! I have tried so many foundations but double wear gives you a real porcelain baby doll look. Coverage is perfect! When I use it, all my friends say that I have a perfect make up on my face. I have an oily skin and this foundation is definitely for people who have oily skin. I highly recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

So before I decided to try EL DW I had tried the EL DW Light first. The reason I did was because I didn't really feel I needed a heavy foundation for my skin. I loved EL DWL, the only problem I had with it was they didn't have a very good color range to choose from. Im pretty fair, so finding a light colored foundation is hard. So I decided to give the EL DW a try instead since they had more of a color range to choose from. Well I wasn't sure that I was gonig to like it because I thought it was a super heavy foundation. Well when I got my tester from Macy's I applied it that night to see how it would look. It wasn't as thick as I thought. I really only need a dime size and It goes a long way. This foundation is great for covering up scares, acne and other hard to cover things on your face. Its also great for people who don't have those problems. I think if you want more coverage you just build it, or use more when applying it the first time. Its a wonderful feeling when applying it and is a Matte finish. It hasn't made me break out yet and does not feel heavy on my skin. So overall this is a wonderful foundation, it may seem like it would be a heavy thick foundation but its not.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This foundation was a huge dissapointment! I'll start with its good points. It doesn't feel yucky like the mac foundations. It has staying power. Thats about it for me! I hate the dull finish that looks like a mask and he colour range to my nc50 range skin sucks. I tried both 6w1 and 6w2 and both didn't even look like human skin on me. After all the good things that I heard about it I was so disappointed considering I kind of impulsed purchased. Never again!!!

Edit: RAVE!!!!! since they brought out shade 5n2 i have been in love. HG foundation, no other comes even close. Only bad thing is the lack of a pump. Give the foundation a pump EL!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have oily skin that I just recently got under some control by using Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser. I was looking for something to give me lots of coverage without looking cakey. Powder can only do some much. I used Bare Minerals and was satisfied but wasn't in love with what it did. Estee Lauder Double Wear is the most amazing makeup product I have ever used. Tanya Burr from the prolific YouTube videos kept raving about it, so I decided to get matched and there is hardly a day that passes where people don't comment on my face. It's so light and subtle yet it covers most imperfections. The people who say they don't like it are probably using way too much. A pea or dime size amount is more than enough for your entire face. Any more and you'll look like you are wearing a mask. I will never stray from Double Wear. It works very well for me. I highly recommend it.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Tried a sample of this and love this. Went to EL counter to match my colour, SA did a fantastic job and matched me to 39 Ivory Cream. I like full coverage and applied 2 layers of it to achive the flawless finish.Top off with NARS Eden loose powder.
My colleagues commented on how my face "glow" when I first apply. I tried various tools to apply this foundation and finally decided that using finger is the best.
Makeup remains fresh after 5 hours, slight blot and touchup with powder.
Will repurchase again.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

love it love it love it!!!! ... stumbled upon the EL double wear foundation one day at the dept store and haven't looked back. gives great coverage with a lovely finish. It also doesn't cake up at the slightest hint of dry skin like some others do, and most importantly, it has great staying power.

The cons would be that:
- its more on the expensive end
- does tend to slip after about 6 hours wear on the t-zone