Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.8

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have very oily sensitive acne prone skin and this is another foundation that broke me out so bad Im not even bother to try their new formula. I am not sure which ingredient caused this which haunts me til this day but I guess it was the one with sulfate-ending PLUS it is sooooo cakey, even on my oily skin. Nothing close to "looking natural" when I put this on. I'm glad it turned out to be HG for some people but you have to be very very lucky to not breaking out using this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is quite simply, the best and most versatile foundation on the market. It is a high coverage, long wearing foundation, available in 36 shades. With that as a start, you can then mix it with other products and alter it for other purposes. If you are feeling dry and want a more dewy finish, add in your favourite face oil. If you want more of a glow, mix in one of your glowy type primers e.g. MAC Strobe Cream. If you want to change the tone of it, add in a tint of mix it with one of your other foundations. If you want a more sheer finish, mix it in with your moisturiser or SPF. It honestly can't be beat. I have tried countless other foundations, I guess to just try something new, but each time, without fail I come back to this and wonder why I ever bothered in the first place.

I'd always thought this was my holy grail. After realizing that it breaks me out, I still can't help but give it a good rating. Maybe it's just me that has broken out on this, or maybe it's the way I cleansed. Nevertheless, it is a great foundation that I will save for special occasions.

pros:
+ long long long lasting
+ great coverage and smooth look
+ may seem pricey but the whole bottle goes a long way
+ great selection of shades (the only foundation where I got a perfect match)
+ good oil control
+ looks great on photos

cons:
- problematic ingredients despite being marketed as comedogenic
- difficult to cleanse from the skin as it is heavy and long-lasting

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! I purchased the new formula Estee Lauder Double Wear Medium Coverage in Ivory Beige and it holds up all day. I purchased this product years ago and it was too heavy which resulted in excess oil and pimples by the end of the day. The new formula has changed my life! I have oily skin and I find it stays in place all day while still maintaining that matte look while I am at work. Doesn't oxidize like my MAC foundation did which was an added bonus. I also found it held up great in photo's despite having SPF in it.

The only negative is that it is difficult to get out of the bottle as Estee Lauder don't sell a pump with it. The solution is to purchase the MAC pump which they sell for their own foundation and use it on this bottle. It fits perfectly and comes out effortlessly.

Most Estee Lauder representatives from Myer will give you a sample to take away with you after colour matching you so your able to trial it before buying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. I tried it back in 2015 and I thought that a long lasting I full coverage foundation was exactly what I needed. I have combo skin (very oily t-zone and dry bits on my chin) and back then I was living in a place with very humid, warm weather. Nothing kept me looking decent, and usually after lunch I was already looking like a grease ball. I used this foundation for a while, maybe a couple of months. I cringe at the memory of it! Back then I didn’t think it looked bad, specially because I was in a very sunny, warm place like I said. But that winter I travelled to Finland for work and my gawd! Every picture I took look positively GOLDEN/OLIVE. For reference, I have light skin with yellow undertones, but now leaning more towards neutral (still warm, just not as much). I was matched to 2W2 Rattan and initially I thought it was a good match. Boy was I wrong. I was looking muddy and almost olive green in my pictures. I also noticed that it accentuated my pores horribly! And having oily skin with visible pores around my nose I always use a pore filling smoothing primer (Porefessional or Maybelline Baby Skin). The foundation looked heavy, definitely a “makeupy” looking makeup, and it creased on me (specially around my mouth – I have somewhat visible laugh lines). I tried mixing it with other foundations to see if I could make it work. The best combination was using the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation (I couldn’t use this one on its own because I had bought the wrong shade by mistake and it was too light for me –Shade 10). And it helped with the color issue and a bit with the finish issue too. It looked much better. Still, very difficult to make it work, not fast enough for my hectic morning routines (I’m always in a rush). Overall, not the product for me. Not by a mile. Specially now that I live in rainy, cool Ireland where it’s never that warm, and my skin is slowly adjusting to this, producing a little bit less oil (still very oily tho) and rocking a paler shade (cause sunny days are a rarity here).

- The price is kinda up there, but it's not that bad if you love the product. I don't think you need a lot of this, so it will probably last a decent amount of time.

- About the packaging: It can get messy, but everyone always comments on it. It's heavy and feels "expensive", nice glass bottle. Not the best for travelling.

- Application: I used to apply this with a beauty blender to try and sheer it out a bit and get a more natural finish. I wasn't that successful at it, as it still looked heavy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Could not use liquid foundations for years because other they break me out or i look like a mask. After trying so many foundations, this is the one i stuck to. It is not the most natural looking , but does not give me pimples, stays on more or less all day and I did manage to find the right shade (good choice). It is still not my holy grail but it is quite close to it :)

This was way too thick for me. Also wish it would have a pump.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was the first long wear foundation I ever bought - I believe it was one of the first??? I've used this for 10+ years, but as I've got older it has just become too heavy for me. A few points to note: 1. It has always brought me out in spots, so was always only a "special occasion" foundation. 2. It collects in wrinkles after a few hours 3. It goes cakey again after a few hours. I can only use it now with jojoba oil mixed in as it sheers it down, and makes it more glowy - this truly is a very flat foundation. If you like a heavy, long lasting coverage you will love this, but more mature ladies beware.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is currently my HG. Full coverage but not thick or cakey like I found KVD Lock-it to be. It lasts a good 12 hours for me while still looking fresh.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cakes on the T zone quite quickly, very heavy on the face. It's not a terrible foundation, it's ok at best