Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by hair type : Other

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has to be one of my favourite foundations. As I’m an oily gal, I need a foundation that can stay put all day. This one is perfect for oily skins but you need to use the right primer. The wrong primer will ruin any good foundation. I will be repurchasing as I have not found another foundation that can stay put.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This one of my HG foundation I have been using it for years blends well into the skin,coverage is finaminal my only draw back is it does not carry a pump.also I am on the hunt for a good replacement because customer service is AWFUL ,and two of the "new face of EL" is a no no..and the "Edit line" ad campaign definately was not my cup of tea..so hence sorry no more EL for me..

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HATE this product. If you think Revlon Colorstay or Mac Studio Fix are mask-like this is on a whole different level. I found this to be insanely heavy and uncomfortable to wear and just not natural looking. The one pro I will say is that there is an excellent color selection, so finding the right shade should be easy.

Anyway, after trying this I went straight back to my HG which is revlon colorstay. I had only decided to try double wear because I had seen the positive reviews and was curious. Colorstay is a fraction of the cost, and has a much more natural look and feel (just don't use too much). And it also stays put incredibly well, even through swimming in the summer!

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I'm a little bit torn about this foundation; I'd heard so many good things about it and while it does do all the good things it does have its downsides. Firstly, it does do what it says on the tin! It last all day without (or with very minimal) touchups and also without a primer! The coverage is amazing however it does feel a little bit thick and mask like to me. It's also a nightmare to remove! I quite often have to use a number of different cleansers (followed by toner) before it's fully gone and I still sometimes miss little bits which is obviously bad for skin. Also, the colour match for me isn't the best. I was matched in the shop with 2N1 Desert Beige. My friend, who is lighter skinned than me was matched with the same colour and she feels it's light on her! A little bit of bronzer sorts this out though, and I don't know if this is down to a bad selection or just the Estee Lauder lady in our local Boots not being good at colour matching. It's the first time I've bought it, so if I do get it again I will probably go for the next shade darker. It also needs a pump, I don't know why so many expensive foundations come without one! Overall though, you can't ignore the fact that the coverage is amazing and long lasting, which probably does justify the cost. I'm just not sure if it's the perfect foundation for me.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I got 2 10-day samples of Double Wear and this was enough to let me know that I would not be purchasing the full size. As a WOC, I have a hard time with MUAs color matching me. Im BB 6.5, Mac NC 50/NW45 for reference. I was color matched with Truffle and it was all wrong. I dont understand how a MUA can color match in poor dim lighting but they seem to certainly try. Anyway, Truffle 6N1 is too dark upon application and gets darker as the day goes on. I probably should have insisted on getting multiple colors to sample.

The coverage seems a bit heavy and leaves a powdery, mask like finish. Since Im fairly oily, I dont care for foundations with dewy finishes but this left me looking dull and like I over powdered. It does seem to do a good job of controlling oil. I like how the formula covers well and stays put but it is thick and heavy so Ill have to pass on this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Just adding the zillionth positive review for this great foundation. I must confess I already have my own HG foundation, which is by La Mer (by the way it is owned by the same company, isn't it?).
But I sometimes turn to this for when I need a day long coverage that won't turn orangey or crease or result in dry patches and this is perfect. My shade, as for all EL foundations, is Outdoor Beige (I looove the name!), which matches perfectly my skin.
This review may be nothing new, but I highly recommend you run to buy a bottle!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I have this foundation in the new, non-spf, formula. I have never used the old formula, but I love how this goes on my skin and it's easy to apply with a synthetic brush (fav. is sigma F80). I use the color 2N1 on my NC 25-30 skin tone. Excellent coverage and staying power, and it doesn't oxidize on my oily skin. I hate the fact it doesn't have a pump, but I put a mac foundation pump on it and it works perfect. Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love double wear (even after their recent reformulation)! It's one of the very best stay in place foundations for combination-oily skin. It doesn't streak or run once it's been applied and the color range is amazing! I feel that for my pink undertone skin, the natural really evens me out. It creates a flawless finish without being over done or unnatural. The foundation doesn't change colors in the sun and it does contain a very light spf. I love that you can wear this foundation all day long and it really does stay! It wont rub off on to your clothing once you've allowed it to dry and if you touch your face you won't come away with a makeup-y feeling on your hands.

The only downside to this foundation is do not take photos with it! The flash does horrors to this foundation and completely whites you out!

Over the last few years I have tried many foundations but I always return to double wear just because the finish is unlike any other. If you like full coverage matte finish this is for you. I prefer to apply with my fingers as double wear does tend to dry down quite fast so I can work quickly this way. The only thing that could be improved about this product would be the option of adding a pump as I find myself pouring out too much & as it is a pricey foundation I want to save every last bit!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Excellent. Trully I mean that. If you have oily skin, then I would look no further (Revlon ColorStay is 2nd best to this one as well). This one may be a little tricky when blending (but just use primer and a good sponge) and the coverage is buildible, flawless, matte, and LONG STAYING..actually their first original one "Double MATTE" was the one that for some reason could literally last on your face for 3 days in a row without washing it off! Ha!

Seriously tho, for oily ladies like myself, this one is a true miracle worker.