Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.8

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I have very oily sensitive acne prone skin and this is another foundation that broke me out so bad Im not even bother to try their new formula. I am not sure which ingredient caused this which haunts me til this day but I guess it was the one with sulfate-ending PLUS it is sooooo cakey, even on my oily skin. Nothing close to "looking natural" when I put this on. I'm glad it turned out to be HG for some people but you have to be very very lucky to not breaking out using this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I saw all the fantastic reviews and gave into the hype. When I started using it, I thought I'd found my HG foundation; my pores looked smaller, my face looked smooth, the shade was perfect plus a little goes a long way for the amount of coverage you get. BUT after a month or so of using it, I started breaking out in comedonal acne/tiny bumps all over my face, especially on my forehead and it took ages to go away. I really wanted to love this product but unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I broke out horriblyyyyyy! I am 35 and never break out! The coverage is great! Doesn't stick in your lines or accentuate pores but my face hated it! Another thing is, i dont know what people are using to take this paint off but my gosh! I used everything but a sander and still had traces on my cotton ball soaked toner! I wanted to love it and thought i was going to but I'm still on the look! :/

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Could not use liquid foundations for years because other they break me out or i look like a mask. After trying so many foundations, this is the one i stuck to. It is not the most natural looking , but does not give me pimples, stays on more or less all day and I did manage to find the right shade (good choice). It is still not my holy grail but it is quite close to it :)

i have high expectation on this product. i'm not into high end foundation cos i can't afford one. but this foundation really turn me down. when i first applied this foundation, my skin instantly feel tight. i have to work super fast as it dries super quick. after two hours, i check my makeup and find out it cakes on my skin. it also oxcides and make my skin look darker. it also settle into fine line especially on dry area. it doesn't look natural as i wish. i'm kinda agree that this foundation is suite for those who has super oily skin. i have acne combo skin and it seems that the foundation settle into fine line and dry area. i find my trusted revlon colorstay does the better job than this one.

I used Double Wear for years before switching to Clarins Everlasting foundation, which I found gave similar coverage to DW, but felt and looked more natural. Clarins have recently reformulated Everlasting (the new formula is pretty rubbish), so I decided to give DW another go.

I believe the shade range has changed since I stopped using it quite a few years ago, so after lots of googling and asking the ladies on the MUB, I ordered 1w1 Bone, which is an ok match for my NC15 ish skintone. It's neither too light or dark, but it's definitely a touch too yellow. Coverage is just as I remember, full and covers spots, acne scarring and redness well. The formula is also very buildable and fairly easy to blend, but it does start to look a bit cakey and heavy if I apply too much. Once applied, I actually find it quite uncomfortable on my skin, it feels like I'm wearing a heavy base and my face tends to feel a bit tight, especially straight after applying. Lasting power is excellent. I use this over my Rouge Bunny Rouge Metamorphoses Mattifying Primer and it literally holds up all day on my oily skin with minimal touch ups. In fact, I'd say it actually looks better throughout the day - less heavy/matt and flat. I haven't had too many issues with removal, I normally take it off with Bioderma Sensibio or Cliniques TTDO Balm and can't say I've noticed any break out problems since I started using it again either.

Overall, I think it's a good foundation and I've yet to try another base that lasts as well as Double Wear, but I feel as though it looks and feels a bit too heavy and unnatural on my skin. The coverage is fantastic, but it highlights skin texture for me and tends to draw attention to fine lines and large pores. I'll use the rest of my current bottle, but am already on the lookout for something similar that feels more comfortable.

I do like this product as it has a good coverage however it feels a bit dry on my skin therefore I would recommend it to people who have slightly oily skin. The packaging isn't great as it doesn't come with a pump and it is pricey but overall it is a good foundation I just feel that for me, someone who has dry/normal skin, it's not the best.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This foundation is terrible. It looks greasy and paint like and it breaks up on my face almost right after its been applied. The coverage isn't as good as most of the reviews I've heard either

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I found the old formula in a CCO. The new formula doesn't have a shade light enough for me (1C1) which is sad. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a lighter shade. This really is everything they say it is. Full coverage, long wearing, nice matte finish. You really don't need powder. It's so heavy though that I sometimes mix it with Neutrogena healthy skin foundation to make it a little more natural. That's my one knock is that it's almost too matte, like it needs to come back by half a notch. If I don't do my bronzer just right this foundation can look chalky on me. Also, if I use a beauty blender I get a shearer not natural application. I do think this is my favorite fully matte foundation that I've found. I think I like it just a little bit more than Revlon colorstay.
My big issue is that it breaks me out if I wear it too often so I save it for special occasions. Usually just one day of wear is ok.
Edit: new formula has 1C1 online. The old formula 1C1 is slightly too light. I want to track down sample of 1C1 and 1N1 and see what I think.

Tried multiple foundations and always go back to this. I have blemishes and I always get told my skin is flawless and this is why. I find I have to put it on and let it set for a minute or two or it can look cakey but I lovveeeee it!