Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Excellent product delivering great coverage and fantastic staying power. No smudging, redness seeping through or discomfort. Simply loving it. The color "Sand" is perfect for my NC20-25 skin.

I'd always thought this was my holy grail. After realizing that it breaks me out, I still can't help but give it a good rating. Maybe it's just me that has broken out on this, or maybe it's the way I cleansed. Nevertheless, it is a great foundation that I will save for special occasions.

pros:
+ long long long lasting
+ great coverage and smooth look
+ may seem pricey but the whole bottle goes a long way
+ great selection of shades (the only foundation where I got a perfect match)
+ good oil control
+ looks great on photos

cons:
- problematic ingredients despite being marketed as comedogenic
- difficult to cleanse from the skin as it is heavy and long-lasting

Love the wide range of colors! Really like the finish and how long lasting it is. But there is one BUT - it doesn't look good on my nose as my skin gets oily it leaves dots on my nose. So I'm not sure if I will continue using it

I really want to love this foundation but it never works out for my dry to combination skin no matter how much I try to find away to make my skin love it. I believe in this foundation but no matter how many tries I do to give it a chance, it disappoints me.

pros:
-wide range of shades
-medium to full coverage
-good for oily
-longwear
-doesn't clog pores

cons
-looks flakey especially if you did not exfoliate before applying
-if you are dry skin you might want to double or triple moisturise
-heavy to look at on skin
-clings on dry patches
-others might prefer the bottle to go with a pump

I worked for Lauder way back in '97 & did so for several years. I got hooked on this foundation & can't make a change. I have tried MAC, Lancôme, some cheapies with good reviews but nothing is as good as this, in my opinion. It stays on, the color is perfect for my skin tone & I love the coverage.

This has been my favorite foundation for 2 years. I always get compliments on my complexion when i wear it. Blurs out imperfections and fine lines. I apply it with a damp beauty blender and always use a makeup setting spray. A must have!

I love it. Its my foundation for more than 5 years. The only thing u gotta be carefull with is to apple a moisturizer before cause it tends to dry ur skin.

This was way too thick for me. Also wish it would have a pump.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In Detroit, we would say: This da shit! I just love this foundation! It is very smooth and has a great coverage. My pores are less visible, and it goes well on my skin tone, I'm quite dark ;-)
Would definitely buy again!

Really regretted buying this foundation I like to have a natural look but medium coverage and this foundation was horrible to apply and thick and cakey not nice at all. Did not leave my skin glowing but instead dark and horrible defiantly not worth it's money