Estée Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal

4.1

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Another HG product! Double wear foundation is a medium to full coverage foundation which can be used daily. Its matte for me and has a decent staying powder. I use the shade tawny which is a good match for my skin tone. My friends say that this foundation covers my pores and makes my skin look really good while not even seeming medium or full coverage which is a great thing. I also use NARS sheer glow and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. In comparison, this lasts the longest while luminous silk doesn't last as well. NARS gives the best glow to my skin while luminous silk is the moooost natural looking and the smoothest. So I use all of them for different purposes. A point to note is that the shades look very different from each other in the bottle so maybe that't why some look more natural or glowly than the others.

As this product lasts pretty long and has a good coverage, just be careful of removing it really well as it might clog your pores if you don't remove it well before sleeping or something.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I reeeeeaaaaaaally wanted to love this. I've gave it a few tries. The first time I tried it, I was amazed and loved it. After the next 3 times it failed on me and was the reason I was breaking out. My skin is clear but very sensitive. I wore this for one day about 5 hours and when I came to take it off at night, I immediately saw all these breakouts seeping through my actual skin. Have to let this one go. The coverage is most definitely NOT full. It's sheer to medium. Coming from someone with clear sensitive skin.

Really liked the coverage it gave me and the colour was perfect for my skin, but it was way too cakey and heavy on my skin, cannot wear it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Loved the old formula with SPF, not a fan of the new stuff doesnt wear nearly as long and colors changed too if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I have been on the hunt for the perfect foundation (I have used mostly low end brands such as Maybelline and Revlon) and I came across this. I use the 3W1 in Tawny.

Pros: Coverage is great! You don't need much product for a full coverage face. It takes me about 3-4 months to finish one bottle, and I use it daily. Doesn't make me break out. Great finish.

Cons: Packaging - I had to purchase a MAC pump (which fits perfectly if you just trim the end of the stem), so I can get the perfect amount every time. Colours - I do wish that their range had some more yellow based colours, as their "yellow" range is still a little too pink for me, but I can correct this easily with some powder on top.

At AUD50, it is on the pricier side of foundations but still affordable considering how long it lasts. Plus, there are always promotions on the Estee Lauder website with % off or gifts with purchase, so that's a plus.

Will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE. This is my new HG foundation. I was hesitant upon purchasing it, because I generally do not spend that much on foundation, but I figured it wasn't too far from the $28 I usually spend on MAC Studio Sculpt, so it was worth a try. I LOVE THIS. I do not have to use any concealer when I wear it and it lasts all day. I purchased this in Fresco (I'm an NW20 in MAC) & wow, the color couldn't have matched my skin any more perfectly. My grandma used to use this before she passed, and so I always associated Estee Lauder with senior citizens, but it is my new favorite and I am sure once I run out if I can afford it, I'll repurchase. My only qualm, is that I wish it had a pump applicator, instead of the screw off bottle. It is easy to get this all over the bottle and on other products, since I do use my fingers to apply it. Other than that & the price, no complaints here!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been a professional makeup artist for over 15 years and have always believed that foundation should only improve upon your skin and you,not cover it all up. Double Wear foundation looks like you are wearing a mask on your face. It looks "like your wearing makeup", not like skin. It definitely is a foundation that wears very well. You couldn't budge it with a chisel.

This foundation stays on all day and covers with a amazing flawless natural finish. I have tried several foundations and nothing compares to this it's worth every penny. The only downside is because this foundation is a stay in place foundation it can sometimes be dry on the skin, so you need a good moisturiser/primer before application

hi beautiful ladies...

i just loved estee lauder dw. i would recommend to all those ladies who are looking for full flawless coverage which stays looooong. ur skin look neatly covered and beautiful throught the day irrespective of the weather.
just remember to moisturise ur skin completly before applying eldw.

i will surely buy it again.

happy holiday:)

Such a good foundation. Lovely consistency, great staying power and fantastic coverage. Only con is it can look a bit too powdery/cakey if too much is applied. I love the new formula also, i find i get allot more coverage and i use allot less than what i did with the old formula. Would definatly recommend this foundation for someone who likes a full coverage and a matte finish.